« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:09 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Now do Mecole Hardman.

You guys have higher expectations for a mid 2nd round pick than a top 10 fucking pick.

I wouldn't call him a "massive bust", but relative to his draft status, he's absolutely a big disappointment.

Is MEH a bust judging by your standards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
staylor26 09:12 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Is MEH a bust judging by your standards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Umm yes absolutely.

Once again, you mistake my patience for development to mean that I'm a huge fan of a particular player/pick.

If your reading comprehension wasn't shit, I wouldn't have to explain that over and over.

I've been saying since the preseason that Pacheco was our best back and should be the starter.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:16 AM 10-17-2022
I'm waiting to see what Veach does in the off-season with all the available FA RB's that will be in the market. Gotta believe we'll make a move there.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:22 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I guarantee you've been harder on Hardman than your assessment of Ed Oliver.
That’s fair. I’m not without bias and tend to be more critical of chiefs players.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:22 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d love to see a huge investment of those picks in the DL. Like 3-4 DT/Edge rushers. We’re bound to hit on a few.

I love the linebackers on this team. I’m also encouraged by the young secondary. Just get some real pass rush from the DL, and we’re looking at a great defense.

I still think that leaves resources to grab another receiver, RT, and probably a late round running back. I don’t think we can realistically upgrade LT, but we can get by with OBJ as long as Wylie isn’t on the other side.

The future is bright boys.
We need OTs, WRs and DTs too! F**k it, I'd double dip at OT, edge and WR and try and pick up a middling DT in FA. LBs are good, secondary we're going to roll with, IOL is set, don't care about RBs.

This is Bills last year before cap hell hits and they're cutting people. They SHOULD have a better roster than us with a cheap, elite QB. Next year we'll see.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:22 AM 10-17-2022
For a second rounder, you could categorize Hardman as a bust.

Probably wouldn't be considered a bust in the third round, but second eh. That's a pretty high pick
[Reply]
JPH83 09:24 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'm waiting to see what Veach does in the off-season with all the available FA RB's that will be in the market. Gotta believe we'll make a move there.
I just wouldn't spend any money on that position before OT, WR and Edge, and DT for that matter.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
For a second rounder, you could categorize Hardman as a bust.

Probably wouldn't be considered a bust in the third round, but second eh. That's a pretty high pick
Then your expectations for a 2nd round pick are too high.

HR: DK Metcalf

Bust: Parris Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Hardman obviously wasn't a HR, but he wasn't a bust either.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:29 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I just wouldn't spend any money on that position before OT, WR and Edge, and DT for that matter.
I hear that. I really do, but the fact that we are so incredibly one-dimensional on O right now is going to continue to be to our detriment. You have to be able to run the ball, and we simply can't purposefully line up and do it. This team needs a Kareem Hunt type RB in the worst way. I am still kinda hopeful that IP10 can get enough attempts to show what he can do this season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:30 AM 10-17-2022
Hardman has been pretty decent the last two games. Not every fucking WR is perfect and runs perfect routes. Yeah he fucked up that route late in the game but he's also had some fucking nice routes and catches for big gains. He's not hurting this offense like CEH is.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:33 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d love to see a huge investment of those picks in the DL. Like 3-4 DT/Edge rushers. We’re bound to hit on a few.

I love the linebackers on this team. I’m also encouraged by the young secondary. Just get some real pass rush from the DL, and we’re looking at a great defense.

I still think that leaves resources to grab another receiver, RT, and probably a late round running back. I don’t think we can realistically upgrade LT, but we can get by with OBJ as long as Wylie isn’t on the other side.

The future is bright boys.
KC’s #1 need next year is a left tackle. They will probably need to use multiple picks to trade up for one, so they won’t end up having 12 picks. WR is also a significant need yet again. DE and DT are absolutely needs, again, but using 3-4 picks there isn’t happening unless several of those are in the 6th or 7th.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:39 AM 10-17-2022
People have false expectations about LT’s.

Orlando Brown again had a passable game. He was excellent the first half. Second half he got a penalty and got beat pretty badly a few times by a 1st ballot HOF.

A first rd LT isn’t gonna do any better. Eric Fisher got his ass kicked by Von Miller too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:42 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Orlando Brown again had a passable game. He was excellent the first half. Second half he got a penalty and got beat pretty badly a few times by a 1st ballot HOF.

A first rd LT isn’t gonna do any better. Eric Fisher got his ass kicked by Von Miller too.
People act like top 5 LTs are so easy to fucking find too.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:45 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Yeah but they still need to address it in some capacity. Based off what he wants to be paid he is a liability to the team. I am not on Team Veach Sucks because he didn’t trade for or draft ______ that we knew in hindsight would be a good player. But he will need to make a big decision with Brown and I think we let him walk this year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:45 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
KC’s #1 need next year is a left tackle. They will probably need to use multiple picks to trade up for one, so they won’t end up having 12 picks. WR is also a significant need yet again. DE and DT are absolutely needs, again, but using 3-4 picks there isn’t happening unless several of those are in the 6th or 7th.
I’d love to upgrade over Brown at LT, but how realistic is that? Or is it more realistic to upgrade over Wylie and give Brown more help?

The issue I see right now is that both tackles need help. At least Brown can hold up on bull rushes and is a good run blocker (for whatever that’s worth). Wylie isn’t really good at anything.

Finding a starting quality LT where we’ll be picking doesn’t sound realistic. Finding a RT to be better than Wylie sounds a lot more likely.

Again, I’d love to get a great LT. I just don’t see the path to getting one without getting REALLY lucky.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 112
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up