ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
BWillie 01:13 PM 03-26-2024
Those barges and ships are just so so so heavy. I imagine it would take down almost any bridge if they run into it. I never really even thought about it but you basically are at their peril anytime you drive over one.
[Reply]
srvy 01:13 PM 03-26-2024
Wow Jennifer Homendy NTSB Chair got to the accident scene at 6 am she said proudly. This happened at 1:30 am. In her presser, she looked disheveled and unprepared. DC isn't far, why does this administration always start their press conferences with me me me?

Just give us the pertinent facts as are known at that time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:42 PM 03-26-2024

Jesus Campos, a construction worker who knows the crew, said the men were from Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Mexico. They are in their 30s and 40s and have spouses and children.

“They are hard-working, humble men,” he said.

More updates to come for @BaltimoreBanner. pic.twitter.com/dhMoFTiU7I

— clara longo de freitas (@claralfreitas) March 26, 2024

I don't understand how they could get the cars off but not these workers.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:49 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I don't understand how they could get the cars off but not these workers.
Tough to say with the info we have. They probably just stopped inbound traffic on both sides and let all the vehicles clear off. The bridge is about 1.5 miles long, so for all we know, this might have happened so quickly that they didn't realize that the construction crews were out there.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:43 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Tough to say with the info we have. They probably just stopped inbound traffic on both sides and let all the vehicles clear off. The bridge is about 1.5 miles long, so for all we know, this might have happened so quickly that they didn't realize that the construction crews were out there.
Yep, they were in the middle by the looks of it with their orange flashing lights on the trucks. They were probably filling potholes and didn't even realize what was going on until it was too late. They literally closed the bridge about 20 seconds before it fell as you can see a truck going over and then no cars either way and then 20 seconds later it falls. Those flashes could have been power lines snapping as well if they were running across the bridge.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:46 PM 03-26-2024
Does it take a god damn pig farmer to come up with the idea of an emergency anchor system. Mash a fucking button and drop 4 anchors the size of a house! Geez!
[Reply]
scho63 02:50 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Does it take a god damn pig farmer to come up with the idea of an emergency anchor system. Mash a fucking button and drop 4 anchors the size of a house! Geez!
I thought you were going to recommend tying a bunch of giant pigs to the side of the ship as bumpers. :-)
[Reply]
Katipan 02:53 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Does it take a god damn pig farmer to come up with the idea of an emergency anchor system. Mash a ****ing button and drop 4 anchors the size of a house! Geez!
It would still take at least 3 miles.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:47 PM 03-26-2024
I haven't seen a collapse that quick in Maryland since the Chiefs went into Baltimore and laid an ass whooping on the Ravens
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:06 PM 03-26-2024
Can you imagine what it musta been like driving on that bridge when that happened?

I mean, fuck.

I think my first thought woulda been, "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???"
[Reply]
notorious 03:27 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Can you imagine what it musta been like driving on that bridge when that happened?

I mean, ****.

I think my first thought woulda been, "ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME???"
I picture driving down the bridge like any other night only to feel weightless then you are suddenly under water and can’t get the door open.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:35 PM 03-26-2024
I can see the Captains resume for his next job application.

Describe why you left your last job:

I got fired for destroying the Baltimore bridge. But it wasn't my fault. Jeremy thought he was playing a joke on me and turned off the ignition switch and hid the keys.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:39 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
I picture driving down the bridge like any other night only to feel weightless then you are suddenly under water and can’t get the door open.
And in that moment you'd be like, "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???"
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:56 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Then you have to open or smash the window...swim on out. then it's get to shore or land and take them cloths off. Next it's a constant rub down and movement. Don't stay still.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:14 PM 03-26-2024

[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up