[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lol
Excellent rebuttal.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:11 PM 11-08-2021
I'm still fine with veach.

Problem 1 is we have high contract guys who were brought in to get us a super bowl while mahomes was cheap. Mission accomplished there. They're underperforming and also hurting our locker room. They're gone next year.

Problem 2 I think is way more a coaching issue. The defense hasn't looked bad the past few weeks. With mostly the same players. On offense... Did we fail to get a WR2 or was Andy way too confident our offense didn't need to change this year? The way he continues to use Hardman and our RBs makes me feel this is way more of an issue of coaches asking for the wrong groceries.

But after the past few weeks, should be clear that we're struggling but we're not as bad as people thought. We're just a few pieces away which is to be expected in a transition year.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:58 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Funny how the usual suspects haven’t been bumping this thread lately.

I don’t say that because the Chiefs are winning, but because the young talent on this team is proving to be pretty good.

Humphrey, Smith, Gay, Bolton, Sneed, Thornhill, Niang, Fenton etc.

Guess it’s kind of hard to keep pushing those narratives when all the young guys are playing well.
With respect others have been similarly quiet when Sneed has looked average for most of this season, Bolton was looking like he had absolutely zero concept of coverage, Thornhill was so valuable he couldn't get a start over Sorensen etc. Doubt they've had loads to say on CEH, or Hardman either. Or Reed for that matter.

I think there's some really good picks mixed in there with some "who knows?" where we still don't know what we've got. It's great that lots of the young players are now stepping up. We just need to see the same for the older players.
[Reply]
-King- 02:45 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

What kind of simple minded fucking moron judges a GM that way?

So if I’m getting this right, the results over the last 3 years didn’t matter at all, but the results of the first 9 weeks of this season are the be all end all?
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So GM’s who had top draft picks when Veach had draft picks at the end of every round?
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Holy shit….you’re an idiot.
:-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:50 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm still fine with veach.

Problem 1 is we have high contract guys who were brought in to get us a super bowl while mahomes was cheap. Mission accomplished there. They're underperforming and also hurting our locker room. They're gone next year.

Problem 2 I think is way more a coaching issue. The defense hasn't looked bad the past few weeks. With mostly the same players. On offense... Did we fail to get a WR2 or was Andy way too confident our offense didn't need to change this year? The way he continues to use Hardman and our RBs makes me feel this is way more of an issue of coaches asking for the wrong groceries.

But after the past few weeks, should be clear that we're struggling but we're not as bad as people thought. We're just a few pieces away which is to be expected in a transition year.
Well he is young and this is his first GM job so you gotta expect him to make mistakes. I just hope he is learning from them and getting better.

Same time some of these picks are real head scratcher. Biggest being of course taking an RB in the 1st round one who appears to be just average. Time will tell but I also don't think he has drafted any elite players.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:10 PM 11-10-2021
PFF grades Chiefs O-line second best in NFL

Originally Posted by :
2. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (UP 6)

Best-graded: C Creed Humphrey | 90.4
Worst-graded: T Mike Remmers | 64.5

Kansas City's offense is struggling and doesn't look anything like the high-flying, explosive enterprise it has been since Patrick Mahomes entered the lineup. But the problems aren’t with the offensive line, which has actually been better than a season ago despite a complete overhaul. Rookies Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith have been the unit's best-graded players, and no individual player has been getting consistently taken to pieces. Right tackle Lucas Niang is the biggest weakness thus far, and even he has allowed just one sack all season.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Take the top half of the NFL teams in standings. Those GMs.
So Brett Veach then, considering the Chiefs are currently 16th in the NFL out of 32 teams.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:09 PM 11-11-2021
Our team was a perfect fit for Beckham, veach still couldn't get him to come to KC.

We went to back-to-back Super Bowls recently, and we still can get FAs to come here.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:16 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Our team was a perfect fit for Beckham, veach still couldn't get him to come to KC.

We went to back-to-back Super Bowls recently, and we still can get FAs to come here.
Blame the fact that we keep giving targets to bums like DRob and Pringle over Gordon.

Don't blame OBJ for not wanting to come to a place where he won't be utilized properly.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:26 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Blame the fact that we keep giving targets to bums like DRob and Pringle over Gordon.

Don't blame OBJ for not wanting to come to a place where he won't be utilized properly.
oh come on, Beckham has to think that he would take all those targets away from everyone not named Hill and Kelce.

We have 10-12 targets a game just sitting there for the taking. The entire league would buzz about how OBJ turned the chiefs offense around.

Maybe OBJ didn't want that kind of pressure? Maybe the Chiefs didn't really try? There certainly has been several FA's lately that we missed on. How in the fuck does a team that's going to 2 Super Bowl straight struggle to get Free Agents? They should be lining up. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 05:33 AM 11-12-2021

Not everyone wants to live in Kansas City.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:45 AM 11-12-2021
Small market team in the midwest. The polar opposite of where he went. What's that saying? Location, location, location. Both are contenders. He's gonna be a WR3 at best and probably WR4 in either place. I can see why he went to LA. Especially if money isn't a high ranked factor.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:08 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

Seriously, man.

Dorsey's unemployed. Has been for over a year. You should give him a call and talk how much it would take for him to let you suck his dick.

It's all you ever talk or think about. You only live once. Just go fucking do it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 AM 11-12-2021
oh come on, Beckham has to think that he would take all those targets away from everyone not named Hill and Kelce.

We have 10-12 targets a game just sitting there for the taking. The entire league would buzz about how OBJ turned the chiefs offense around.

Maybe OBJ didn't want that kind of pressure? Maybe the Chiefs didn't really try? There certainly has been several FA's lately that we missed on. How in the **** does a team that's going to 2 Super Bowl straight struggle to get Free Agents? They should be lining up. :-)
why would he think that?

Juju went back to Pittsburgh. Gordon can't get targets.

This offense is notoriously difficult to learn for WR's. They have options on routes too, and if they make a different decision than Mahomes, it's ugly. So until you can, you don't play, or you only play in certain packages.

And why the fuck do we want this guy anyway? I don't. Guy is always hurt. The last meaningful stats this guy threw up was also the last time Gordon did.

I'm sure we made a call; I also doubt we were too aggressive about it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:17 AM 11-12-2021

Beckham wants to be the #1 or he bitches.

This is a terrible fit for him.

It's also a small, midwestern city and he chose L.A.

This isn't hard, and is only nefarious if you're looking for something to fit a narrative.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 112
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Up