Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****
Dante84 07:26 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 04:10 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
It all comes down to when he's a FA, do you pay a center $15+mil a year in this offense?
Nope
[Reply]
DRM08 04:15 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Anytime Patrick has to take his eyes off the defense to field a grounder isn’t good.. Maybe we win in regulation if that snap was better..
Thank goodness the low snaps did not cost the game. You never know how it will go when you put the ball in harm’s way like that. Mahomes did a hell of a job to avoid turnovers on those plays.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:47 PM 02-17-2024
I'm torn about what they do with Creed. I love Creed and want him to stay. But it just hasn't been the M.O. for the Chiefs in the Reid era. Hudson was an all pro center. He walked when the Faiders made him the highest paid center in the NFL. But the Chiefs drafted Morse and he stepped right in and played well. He has a concussion history but the Bills still made him the highest paid center in the NFL. The Chiefs then signed a journeyman center to replace him. We won a Superbowl and lost one. After the loss, the Chiefs rebuilt the offensive line, including drafting Creed in the second round. Creed has had a great career and will no doubt command the highest salary in the NFL in his next contract. I don't think that the Chiefs will have flexibility to pay it, and based on their history, they would be justified in letting him walk. As much as I and others would hate to see it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:58 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
It all comes down to when he's a FA, do you pay a center $15+mil a year in this offense?
I’m no expert on team building but we may just do that given the fact that Thuney and Kelce are likely about to age out. We don’t pay RBs big money and we don’t have any WRs worth big money.

The only people on our offense with large contracts here in two, three years may just be Mahomes and Jawaan Taylor. If so, maybe we decide it’s a good idea to keep Humphrey.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:14 PM 02-17-2024

#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/KkWhlxnOG9

— Eric Eager ���� (@ericeager_) February 18, 2024

Not to fear, Eric Eager has us taking two centers.

Edit: I guess he thinks we're going to move Creed to guard due to his snapping issues.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:27 PM 02-17-2024

Creed and Trey are both on the last year of their rookie deals. One of them will get a second contract. Creed is the better player, but is a terrible snapper. He is a long-term guard. Which means that they need a center.

— Eric Eager ���� (@ericeager_) February 18, 2024

[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:28 PM 02-17-2024
He also suggests that Creed could move to guard since he struggles with his snaps so much. I wonder if this may be similar to butker and his struggles with XPs last year. He worked through it and was perfect this year.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:14 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I laughed so hard at this, he rolled the fuckin snap to me!
Look MFer, he rolled the fucking snap to me.

I am not a huge baseball fan outside of the Royals, and Ohtani (can't help it, he smiles all the time, throws 100, and hits 475 foot dingers) but I watch a lot of Jomboy clips.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:37 AM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Not to fear, Eric Eager has us taking two centers.

Edit: I guess he thinks we're going to move Creed to guard due to his snapping issues.
What kind of bullshit mock is that? JFC AND HE GAVE IT A GRADE :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:38 AM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Clueless hack
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:22 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Were the bad snaps a problem during the regular season? Last year in the playoffs? If they were, were they as bad as the AFCC and the SB this year?

If they weren't noticeable enough to complain about before the last two games, I think you trust him to get that fixed back to the way they used to be and just call this one a fluke.

Also, how great is it that I have to specify which Super Bowl I'm talking about? God I love my life.
They were terrible in the Super Bowl last year. No one remembers it because Mahomes is God and didn't let it become a problem.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:58 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm torn about what they do with Creed. I love Creed and want him to stay. But it just hasn't been the M.O. for the Chiefs in the Reid era. Hudson was an all pro center. He walked when the Faiders made him the highest paid center in the NFL. But the Chiefs drafted Morse and he stepped right in and played well. He has a concussion history but the Bills still made him the highest paid center in the NFL. The Chiefs then signed a journeyman center to replace him. We won a Superbowl and lost one. After the loss, the Chiefs rebuilt the offensive line, including drafting Creed in the second round. Creed has had a great career and will no doubt command the highest salary in the NFL in his next contract. I don't think that the Chiefs will have flexibility to pay it, and based on their history, they would be justified in letting him walk. As much as I and others would hate to see it.

BUT CREED IS GOOD, PAY HIM TOP DOLLAR, HOW IS THIS EVEN A DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

For real though, it does suck letting good players walk, but it's realistic due to the salary cap.... something facebook fans don't seem to have a clue about.

OMG CHIEFS R SO DUMB< PAY CHRIS JONES AND SNEED NOW! CHEAP CLARK HUNT!!!!!! SO CHEAP AND DUMB.
[Reply]
Jamie 04:19 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
For real though, it does suck letting good players walk, but it's realistic due to the salary cap.... something facebook fans don't seem to have a clue about.
But it is realistic to talk about cutting a Pro Bowl center to save $1.5 million on the cap?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:06 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
BUT CREED IS GOOD, PAY HIM TOP DOLLAR, HOW IS THIS EVEN A DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

OMG CHIEFS R SO DUMB< PAY CHRIS JONES AND SNEED NOW! CHEAP CLARK HUNT!!!!!! SO CHEAP AND DUMB.
You're allowed to pay guys and not kill the salary cap.

It's just a matter of paying the right guys. The debate here is whether Creed is the right guy.
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:33 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by Jamie:
But it is realistic to talk about cutting a Pro Bowl center to save $1.5 million on the cap?
I'd entertain a trade for sure. Maybe some team is hungry for a young solid center with superbowl experience and think they can fix his snap problems.
If nothing happens, you get him for 1 more year on the cheap, then you have to let him walk. But in no way would I say to myself, "damn we HAVE to pay Creed the money he may generate on the open market". And Creed is dumb if he doesn't chase the money at his age... this is his time to get it.

Luckily we have Burt veach who does the right things.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 51
« First < 404647484950 51 >
Up