Dante84 07:26 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:48 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Absolutely.

You can’t create or develop what Creed is as a blocker and pass protector. You can fix his snaps.

Creed is an incredible player. He’ll fix it. I don’t think Mahomes will let it remain an issue.
It seems this happens when he goes against much better d-lines, and it almost appears he is actually more concerned about getting to his block first before making sure the ball is getting snapped accurately. Just my theory. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:52 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
wtf just happened? Are people actually lobbying to get rid of Creed? He's probably the best Center in football not named Kelce, and he's 24 yrs old on a rookie contract.

You can't make this shit up.
I certainly wouldn't advocate letting him go somewhere. But I'll stand by my contention that an all-pro center won't make the quarterback pull his eyes off the routes on critical overtime Super Bowl plays because he can't get the snap off the ground. At some point you have to either fix the problem or move him to guard.

Bad snaps are a really bad thing.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:59 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
It seems this happens when he goes against much better d-lines, and it almost appears he is actually more concerned about getting to his block first before making sure the ball is getting snapped accurately. Just my theory. :-)

Michigan center was doing the same thing against Alabama’s beast of a line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:11 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Regardless of the snaps, you let him go because there is simply no reason the Chiefs and their system should ever want to pay the market price of a top center. If we draft a center and they become a top center, sure that is ideal, but we sure as fuck shouldn't ever pay for it.
Why? Because he's too good? Are you honestly saying you'd pay Creed if he was a middle of the pack Center instead of a top 5 one?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:17 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Why? Because he's too good? Are you honestly saying you'd pay Creed if he was a middle of the pack Center instead of a top 5 one?
Right. If he was an average center getting average money I'd rather pay for that. You don't pay for a Ferrari to have it sit in the garage all the time. We don't benefit from having an elite center based on the system we run and the amount we pass. You are getting less utility per dollar than other teams would. There is no reason for us to ever, ever pay an elite center elite center money. Now Philadelphia? Yeah, they should absolutely pay an elite center and yearn to do so.
[Reply]
KCJake 01:25 PM 02-17-2024
If he doesn't roll the snap back to Mahomes, we might of won the game at the end of the 4th. Rice breaks open in the middle of the field
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:32 PM 02-17-2024
Right. If he was an average center getting average money I'd rather pay for that. You don't pay for a Ferrari to have it sit in the garage all the time. We don't benefit from having an elite center based on the system we run and the amount we pass. There is no reason for us to ever, ever pay an elite center elite center money. Now Philadelphia? Yeah, they should absolutely pay an elite center and yearn to do so.
I disagree but I almost always disagree with you so this isn't foreign territory.
[Reply]
alanm 01:58 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We are not cutting Humphrey lol good Lord
Good Lord is right. The kid is a Pro Bowler who should have been All Pro and he isn't even 25 yet. I'll excuse him if he rolls a couple of balls to Pat once in awhile if he helps keep Pat's jersey clean.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:16 PM 02-17-2024
A) Letting Creed go would be dumb.

B) Creed needs to fix his shit.

Two things can be true!
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:42 PM 02-17-2024
Right. If he was an average center getting average money I'd rather pay for that. You don't pay for a Ferrari to have it sit in the garage all the time. We don't benefit from having an elite center based on the system we run and the amount we pass. You are getting less utility per dollar than other teams would. There is no reason for us to ever, ever pay an elite center elite center money. Now Philadelphia? Yeah, they should absolutely pay an elite center and yearn to do so.
lol you DO pay for a Ferrari to sit in the garage all the time.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:49 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
lol you DO pay for a Ferrari to sit in the garage all the time.
You take it out often. You just dont put alot of miles on it. The point remains.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 02:50 PM 02-17-2024
This is dumb. Patrick played Shortstop.
[Reply]
-King- 02:52 PM 02-17-2024
It all comes down to when he's a FA, do you pay a center $15+mil a year in this offense?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:03 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
It all comes down to when he's a FA, do you pay a center $15+mil a year in this offense?
You do not. - Peter Brand, Moneyball
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:09 PM 02-17-2024
You do not. - Peter Brand, Moneyball
Does Pete need to be here?

Yes.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 51
« First < 394546474849 5051 >
Up