Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****
Dante84 07:26 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:29 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) "a few". Mahomes is having to play short stop all game with how bad it's gotten.
It's been worse than usual the last couple playoff games. The majority of Creed's snaps in his 3 years as a starter here in KC have not been this way.

I don't think you necessarily avoid extending him just because of that.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:32 AM 02-17-2024
Anytime Patrick has to take his eyes off the defense to field a grounder isn’t good.. Maybe we win in regulation if that snap was better..
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:15 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Dude is a literal ALL PRO, pretty sure a few bad snaps doesn't change that... wtf are we even talking about here?
I think the bad snaps change that. Those things are dangerous and disruptive.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:23 AM 02-17-2024
Were the bad snaps a problem during the regular season? Last year in the playoffs? If they were, were they as bad as the AFCC and the SB this year?

If they weren't noticeable enough to complain about before the last two games, I think you trust him to get that fixed back to the way they used to be and just call this one a fluke.

Also, how great is it that I have to specify which Super Bowl I'm talking about? God I love my life.
[Reply]
-King- 11:23 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) "a few". Mahomes is having to play short stop all game with how bad it's gotten.
Mahomes biggest flaw might be that he's so good that we can downplay basically any issue on offense cause he can overcome them 99.999% of the time :-)
[Reply]
Cheater5 11:40 AM 02-17-2024
Which is the better option, or easier course of action;

1) Find another Center in free agency or the draft who can deliver the ball perfectly from the shotgun to Mahomes’ chest right between his numbers, but is average at best, but likely a mediocre blocker on either runs or passing.

OR

2) Have the best blocking Center we’ve had in 20 years that combines the best of Casey Weigman with Tim Grunhard into one dude, but needs to work on his shotgun snaps for the reigning Super Bowl Champion Chiefs?

If you’re conflicted, go watch — really watch — Creed in both run and pass blocking from any game in the playoffs. He neutralizes pass rushers and removes people from the TV screen on runs. If he gets his hands on you, you’re done son.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 11:46 AM 02-17-2024
i don't think creed's going anywhere. also, aren't super bowl balls usually slicker? i've heard players complain about them in the past. that may have been part of the problem.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:50 AM 02-17-2024
wtf just happened? Are people actually lobbying to get rid of Creed? He's probably the best Center in football not named Kelce, and he's 24 yrs old on a rookie contract.

You can't make this shit up.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:00 PM 02-17-2024
Dude has been a top 5 center all 3 years he's been in the league and we want to let him go because he had some low snaps this year?
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:16 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Cheater5:

1) Find another Center in free agency or the draft who can deliver the ball perfectly from the shotgun to Mahomes’ chest right between his numbers, but is average at best, but likely a mediocre blocker on either runs or passing.

OR

2) Have the best blocking Center we’ve had in 20 years that combines the best of Casey Weigman with Tim Grunhard into one dude, but needs to work on his shotgun snaps for the reigning Super Bowl Champion Chiefs?

If you’re conflicted, go watch — really watch — Creed in both run and pass blocking from any game in the playoffs. He neutralizes pass rushers and removes people from the TV screen on runs. If he gets his hands on you, you’re done son.
He's right you know ^
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:16 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Dude has been a top 5 center all 3 years he's been in the league and we want to let him go because he had some low snaps this year?
Yeah, let’s don’t be stupid. There has to be a reason for the bad snaps. They’ll find it and correct.

But, forcing Mahomes to take his eyes off the defense to just field a snap is a very bad thing and needs to be corrected by week 1 next year.

He’s been playing at the highest level in college and the pros. If it was a big or inert issue, we’d know by know.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:24 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, let’s don’t be stupid. There has to be a reason for the bad snaps. They’ll find it and correct.

But, forcing Mahomes to take his eyes off the defense to just field a snap is a very bad thing and needs to be corrected by week 1 next year.

He’s been playing at the highest level in college and the pros. If it was a big or inert issue, we’d know by know.
It's definitely a concern, but it seems more correctable than being a bad blocker.

Feels like people are making mountains out of molehills over this one.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:32 PM 02-17-2024
It's definitely a concern, but it seems more correctable than being a bad blocker.

Feels like people are making mountains out of molehills over this one.
Absolutely.

You can’t create or develop what Creed is as a blocker and pass protector. You can fix his snaps.

Creed is an incredible player. He’ll fix it. I don’t think Mahomes will let it remain an issue.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:38 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Cheater5:

OR

#1 and it's not even close. Because one will be ASTRONOMICALLY cheaper.

Again. An elite center for an Andy Reid offense is like paying for a Ferrari and not driving it. We don't do the tush push. We don't do QB sneaks. We run from shotgun alllloooot (so actually a centers ability to be a good snapper is even more important there), we are always Top 5-Top 10 in pass percentage, we aren't a power running team.

We don't even WANT to EVER pay for an elite center. Planning to walk on Creed will make our decisions to pay Jones, Sneed, Bolton, Tranquil, Reid etc much easier. If you need to walk from Creed in order to sign one of those, you do it and you fist pump while you are doing it.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 PM 02-17-2024
Regardless of the snaps, you let him go because there is simply no reason the Chiefs and their system should ever want to pay the market price of a top center. If we draft a center and they become a top center, sure that is ideal, but we sure as fuck shouldn't ever pay for it.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 51
« First < 384445464748 495051 >
Up