ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>4th-tier Men's Team Destroys US Women's Soccer Team 12-0
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:48 PM 06-06-2023
https://thepostmillennial.com/4th-ti...ges-over-women

Seven of the 12 goals were scored by Wrexham in the first 20 minutes.

Over the weekend, the US Women’s National Team was crushed by the men’s Wrexham AFC team in a 12-0 defeat.

Wrexham, a Wales-based team owned by American actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, is part of England’s fourth tier League Two. Both teams were made up of current, former, and special guest players.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:45 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is almost like getting excited for which team won the Big Slick game. The tournament didn't have any actual current players as far as I know. It's just for fun.
Negative. It had some amount of current players. And this event had Chris Paul promoting it and a one million dollar prize on the line.

The game was called under a mercy rule when it got to 12-0 and that took only 40 minutes. Had they played a full 90 it would have been 27-0 at the pace they were going. The men put up 39 shots on goal in those 40 minutes too.

Of course the U15 boys team blowing out the women's national team is more telling. Not that people should have to be told but they do: there are drastic physical differences between men and women.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:03 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Negative. It had some amount of current players. And this event had Chris Paul promoting it and a one million dollar prize on the line.

The game was called under a mercy rule when it got to 12-0 and that took only 40 minutes. Had they played a full 90 it would have been 27-0 at the pace they were going. The men put up 39 shots on goal in those 40 minutes too.

Of course the U15 boys team blowing out the women's national team is more telling. Not that people should have to be told but they do: there are drastic physical differences between men and women.
No current starting players. I wouldn't exactly be upset if a "Chiefs" team QBed by Shane Buchele lost in a reality TV football "tournament."
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:59 AM 06-07-2023
I've long had a solution to the issue of pay disparity between men's and women's sports that would be relevant to the women's soccer team. Instead of having men's and women's sports, make it all coed. Of course, you will still have to put all of the best players on the top team. And who are the best players? 100% would be men. Since they're the best, their pay would be the highest.

Next you could have a B-team of players who are the next level of skilled players. That would be the women, right? Wrong. B-team would still be men. They would obviously get paid less than the top team as they're less skilled.

I think you can see where this is going. Take out gender, integrate all the players, and let the best players play. Women would be completely left out of the mix 99% of the time in most sports.

Is that really the direction they want to go in?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:24 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
https://thepostmillennial.com/4th-ti...ges-over-women

Seven of the 12 goals were scored by Wrexham in the first 20 minutes.

Over the weekend, the US Women’s National Team was crushed by the men’s Wrexham AFC team in a 12-0 defeat.

Wrexham, a Wales-based team owned by American actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, is part of England’s fourth tier League Two. Both teams were made up of current, former, and special guest players.
? Why is this surprising or news? A 14-and-under USA all star team destroyed the womens national team last year. I dont understand why we are talking about it. Of course the women arent as good.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:32 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
? Why is this surprising or news? A 14-and-under USA all star team destroyed the womens national team last year. I dont understand why we are talking about it. Of course the women arent as good.
Because women want to talk about it. And because they are oppressed beings. And because the pay gap is real. And because equality. And because blah blah blah reason without any kind of breakdown on the numbers.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:08 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Because women want to talk about it. And because they are oppressed beings. And because the pay gap is real. And because equality. And because blah blah blah reason without any kind of breakdown on the numbers.
You say this in defense of a thread that's based on a premise of the USWNT being defeated when it's not even their actual players.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:25 AM 06-07-2023
You say this in defense of a thread that's based on a premise of the USWNT being defeated when it's not even their actual players.
Former players good enough to represent the country on the highest stage got beat 12-0 in 40 mins by retired men.

The current USWMT got beat by Dallas' U15 boys team 5-2.

Which hill do you want to die on?
[Reply]
loochy 11:49 AM 06-07-2023

I think their argument was pay based on generated revenues, not pay based on skill level.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:50 AM 06-07-2023
Former players good enough to represent the country on the highest stage got beat 12-0 in 40 mins by retired men.

The current USWMT got beat by Dallas' U15 boys team 5-2.

Which hill do you want to die on?
I'd at least steer clear of the hill that uses sports competitions as a basis for a soap box about the value of women in society. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 11:52 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
I think their argument was pay based on generated revenues, not pay based on skill level.
The Men's team generated tremendously more revenue when they were losing and missing out on WC appearances while the Women were winning every game and competition they entered yet they wanted to have equal pay to the men.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:57 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
They made higher pay based on generated revenue and it's an agreement they signed themselves after they rejected the exact same offer the men signed.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:59 AM 06-07-2023
Wait just a damn minute...are we saying men are better at sports than women? That's crazy talk!
[Reply]
loochy 12:05 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The Men's team generated tremendously more revenue when they were losing and missing out on WC appearances while the Women were winning every game and competition they entered yet they wanted to have equal pay to the men.

Alright
[Reply]
jd1020 12:06 PM 06-07-2023
I'd at least steer clear of the hill that uses sports competitions as a basis for a soap box about the value of women in society. :-)
Women were the ones that brought up the issue of their value in society based on sport. Do you propose we just ignore them til real issues come up? I'm down.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:06 PM 06-07-2023
I believe these were former US women's players. Not the current team in training for the World Cup.

That's not to say the current team would win though. But they'd hopefully do better than 0-12.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up