ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Diablo 4
BleedingRed 09:52 AM 03-20-2023

So I played it this weekend, and was honestly really impressed. What they have effectively done is taken "Lost Ark" and put a Diablo skin on it and provided much better gear customization.

Graphics are great, work bosses fun.. Need to work on a few items, but for open beta is getting great reviews.
[Reply]
stanleychief 10:34 PM 06-06-2023
I haven't been keeping up on this as much as I should have. How is the game play compared to Diablo 3? Is it more than just a glorified expansion pack? Diablo 3 felt a bit too cartoonish. The graphics look more realistic and detailed on this one.

I was a D2 LoD addict back in the day. I moved from there into the TitanQuest universe. I feel like that was the closest D2 clone that has been made (that and Grim Dawn, which uses the same engine)
[Reply]
Fish 10:43 PM 06-06-2023
Man, I loved Diablo back in the day. Especially 1 and 2. Diablo 2 was incredible. But I'm really struggling to get motivated for this game for some reason.
[Reply]
Pants 12:31 AM 06-07-2023
Played today for a bit. Got to level 11.

Playing a barb. Combat feels good even with just two skills.

Graphics are pretty damn good.

This game is super polished and I can't find a single complaint so far but it didn't exactly hook me yet for whatever reason. Maybe I'm getting too old for ARPG, IDK.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:41 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, I loved Diablo back in the day. Especially 1 and 2. Diablo 2 was incredible. But I'm really struggling to get motivated for this game for some reason.
Probably because Diablo is a 2nd tier ARPG these days. There's a handful of studios out there doing it better. But, Blizzard has a massive following and Diablo will always generate insane amounts of hype and be wildly successful regardless.
[Reply]
stanleychief 08:36 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Pants:
Played today for a bit. Got to level 11.

Playing a barb. Combat feels good even with just two skills.

Graphics are pretty damn good.

This game is super polished and I can't find a single complaint so far but it didn't exactly hook me yet for whatever reason. Maybe I'm getting too old for ARPG, IDK.
That's sort of the feeling I got when playing Diablo 3. The graphics were nice (Diablo 4's look better though!) but something about the game play didn't 'hook' me like Diablo 2 did.

I would say that if you haven't ever played Titan Quest, that you should give that a shot. You can get the original with the expansion on Steam for $19.99. It's a game from 2006, but was modernized in 2016. There's even a few studios that have made expansions for it recently. Titan Quest on Steam

They don't have the rich cinematics and cut scenes that the Diablo franchise is famous for, but there's a lot to like about the game, and it is very much addictive.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:55 AM 06-07-2023
How does it run on the PS5?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:07 PM 06-07-2023

A pretty good summation of D4, which seems to cater to the Dad that comes home from work and has a beer and 2 hours to play. Better than most games that cater to the 1% git gudders.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:42 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

A pretty good summation of D4, which seems to cater to the Dad that comes home from work and has a beer and 2 hours to play. Better than most games that cater to the 1% git gudders.
So right up my alley then. Awesome.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:57 AM 06-08-2023
These games aren't catered to a specific demographic. If you want to be a sweaty degenerate with the game you can be, the grind to 100 is still brutal from 50 - 100. In fact to level effectively from 50 - 100 you have to have the main story beaten in order to unlock World Tier 3 so you can get the 100% exp buff. That's one of my biggest complaints with the game, I hit 50 by the time I got to the end of the second act so now my leveling slows down to a crawl until I progress through the main storyline, then it's endless grinding through XP farm dungeons to reach 100 then.... not sure, but eventually the content runs out in these games and you're doing the same thing over and over and over and over again whether through xp dungeon farms or starting a new character and doing the whole thing over again. It's all about repetition, which many "Dad" gamers will only do once if even that. The "non-Dad" gamers can max out all their characters and play the same content over and over and over and over again. Good luck finding any games nowadays where you don't just do the same thing over and over again without any new content being presented to you for half a year at best. WoW has been doing this for twenty years, eventually you'll hit the wall and you either can't do anymore, or you don't want to do anymore. The term Dad gamer cracks me up, as a negative term thrown out by people who have little to no responsibilities in life. Sorry I ****ed a woman and got her pregnant, guess I'm not a real gamer anymore once I moved out of my mom's basement and had intercourse.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:33 AM 06-08-2023
I dont know of a single ARPG that caters to the 1% of "git gudders."

It's entirely a single player genre. You can play as much or as little as you like. You can finish the story line and kill any boss in the game long before your character is fully optimized.

We aren't talking about a struggle bus game like Demon Souls or some shit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:56 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Ran fine when I tried the beta.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:48 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Beta ran flawlessly on PS4 so i'd imagine pretty good.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:13 PM 06-11-2023
Is this like division II where people can help you I can't get past vhelnard
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:50 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Is this like division II where people can help you I can't get past vhelnard
It doesn't have matchmaking, you can head to the Diablo 4 discord and find a group though.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:40 AM 06-12-2023
Love this game, love open world, tons of fun to play with friends... Huge endorsement
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up