ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 333
1 23451151101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
BWillie 01:50 AM 01-01-2023
Sell the team
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:51 AM 01-01-2023
LET'S GO ROYALS!!!!

(must be positive, right?)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:09 AM 01-01-2023
New year, let's go.

I don't have big expectations for this season. It's a reset year. But I'm looking forward to:

1) Watching Bobby Witt, Jr. in year 2. Does he take some steps forward in pitch selection and defense?

2) MJ Melendez defensive home. Melendez is quick, has a big arm, and can do more than catch. I still think 3B could be a good home for him, if he doesn't stick behind the dish. Can he improve his receiving skills with more time behind the plate and more competent coaching?

3) Vinnie Pasquantino. What does a full year at the MLB level look like for Big Vin?

4) Young pitchers. Can Singer sustain? Can Lynch and Kowar improve with better coaching at the MLB level?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 AM 01-01-2023
Expectations.

My only goal is that they hopefully won't lose 100 games. I like watching the young field talent but we have trash for pitching which will see us lose a lot of games.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:59 AM 01-01-2023
I think Daniel Lynch will take a big step forward this year. He showed signs last year of being good and then one bad inning would derail him. Not to mention every time Eldred would talk to him he got worse.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:14 PM 01-02-2023
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/...eaknesses.html

1. Where can the Royals look for pitching?

Recently, Royals GM J.J. Picollo told reporters that the team is still interested in adding to their rotation, even following deals with righty Jordan Lyles and lefty Ryan Yarbrough. While a deal for another starter makes sense for the club, the best available arms, such as Pablo Lopez and Chris Sale, reside on the trade market at this point in the offseason. It seems unlikely that Kansas City would go to the level of prospect (in the case of Lopez) or financial (in the case of Sale) commitment necessary to land either of those arms, or any other top arm that could become available, for that matter. Given this reality, it seems the best option for Picollo’s front office would be scouring what’s left on the free agent market.

Few quality free agent starting pitchers remain, but a reunion with future Hall of Famer Zack Greinke might make the most sense if the Royals are going to continue adding pitching. Greinke was a stabilizing force in the Kansas City rotation in 2022, posting a solid 3.68 ERA over 137 innings. Failing a Greinke reunion, the Royals could look to take a flier on a pitcher with a solid track record who battled injuries in 2022, such as Wade Miley or former Royal Danny Duffy. Either pitcher comes with durability concerns, but Kansas City should have enough young depth to cover for those potentially missed innings.
[Reply]
TLO 05:42 PM 01-02-2023
I have zero optimism. Hoping they can stay somewhat competitive through May.

I have my doubts.
[Reply]
TLO 05:42 PM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
New year, let's go.

I don't have big expectations for this season. It's a reset year. But I'm looking forward to:

1) Watching Bobby Witt, Jr. in year 2. Does he take some steps forward in pitch selection and defense?

2) MJ Melendez defensive home. Melendez is quick, has a big arm, and can do more than catch. I still think 3B could be a good home for him, if he doesn't stick behind the dish. Can he improve his receiving skills with more time behind the plate and more competent coaching?

3) Vinnie Pasquantino. What does a full year at the MLB level look like for Big Vin?

4) Young pitchers. Can Singer sustain? Can Lynch and Kowar improve with better coaching at the MLB level?
Would like to hear your take on prospects, if you have the time.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:19 PM 01-02-2023
Singer 3.1war is the only pitcher projected to be >1.0 war on Steamer proj. So if people believe in this sorta stuff, the computers don’t think any of our other pitchers are worth a crap
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:47 PM 01-03-2023

We have traded INF Ryan O'Hearn to the Baltimore Orioles for cash considerations. O'Hearn was designated for assignment on December 28.

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) January 3, 2023

[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:51 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
So uh, any predictions on who the front office factions are that caused this drama?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:17 PM 01-03-2023
Cash for the New Stadium Fund jar
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:17 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
WE COULD GO 0-162 AND I'M FUCKING HAPPY!!!!111oneoneone
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:26 PM 01-03-2023
Addition by subtraction.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 333