ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>** 2023 Sporting Kansas City Thread **
|Zach| 08:38 PM 12-22-2022
Schedule has been released. The St. Louis team is now in the league and we play them 3 times. Lots of attacking power on this team with Agada, Russell, Salloi, and hopefully a healthy Pulido and Kinda.

Players In

M - Nemanja Radoja (10/26/22 - free transfer)
D - Graham Zusi (12/2/22 - free agent)
D - Andreu Fontas (12/2/22 - free agent)
M - Roger Espinoza (12/2/22 - free agent)
F - Stephen Afrifa (12/21/22 - draft)
D - Chris Rindov (12/21/22 - draft)

Players out

D - Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (11/15/22 - option declined)
D - Kaveh Rad (11/15/22 - option declined)

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:49 PM 03-19-2023
The thing that’s most annoying is that Peter can be a good coach if he has EVERY piece he needs to run his system. The issue is that when one thing goes wrong he cannot make any sort of adjustments to fit a scheme to the players he has available. Instead he tries to fit square pegs in round holes and run his system with players that just can’t. In a league that you have admitted will have some holes and weaknesses on the rosters I think it would be better to get a coach that can adjust his system instead of trying to force things when they aren’t working. I understand that we will get better with Agada and Pulido back, but seeing what he does without them and how completely inept we become at finishing when he doesn’t have the players to fit his scheme is reason enough for me to move on.

I don’t see why we don’t play Pierre at RB and move Zusi up to RW while Russell is out. Zusi is our best crosser and Shelton just brings absolutely nothing to the team.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:52 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The thing that’s most annoying is that Peter can be a good coach if he has EVERY piece he needs to run his system. The issue is that when one thing goes wrong he cannot make any sort of adjustments to fit a scheme to the players he has available. Instead he tries to fit square pegs in round holes and run his system with players that just can’t. In a league that you have admitted will have some holes and weaknesses on the rosters I think it would be better to get a coach that can adjust his system instead of trying to force things when they aren’t working. I understand that we will get better with Agada and Pulido back, but seeing what he does without them and how completely inept we become at finishing when he doesn’t have the players to fit his scheme is reason enough for me to move on.

I don’t see why we don’t play Pierre at RB and move Zusi up to RW while Russell is out. Zusi is our best crosser and Shelton just brings absolutely nothing to the team.
Don't forget JFR back as well. Those are massive pieces.

I think he has done better changing the object he is cramming the holes into. There has been a ton of change in style over the years I mean hey we used to be known for brute force and athleticism and only scoring on set pieces then fouling you a bunch of times. We do like...none of that now.

The defense is playing so much better than last year and if we can get healthy and get some rhythm up front this whole thing changes pretty quickly. We will see. Certainly not super excited to play Seattle.

I get where you are coming from but its like hey man...this really is not a league where you can lose a bunch of people up front and still be good with the way the cap hampers you. It all sucks but here we are.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:04 PM 03-19-2023
If I’m being completely honest I wasn’t as adamant about the fire Vermes thing until we actually made the extension. I just thought the timing of all of it sucked. I get that the rumors of the USMNT job probably played a part in it, but it just seemed like this should have been more of a make or break season for Vermes and the timing of his contract running out after the season was perfect to let that play out. Instead we sign him to a 5 year extension. The timing of it all is the part that pisses me off the most about it.

I actually flew down to Dallas this weekend and the main point of the trip was to go to the game last night, but my friend and I just didn’t even want to go with all of the other sports on. It’s just not a fun product to watch right now with our 3 best players out. Hopefully we get them back soon and can get on a roll like you’re saying. I just hate these slow starts. Especially when St Louis is trolling us on Twitter about it now.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:15 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Especially when St Louis is trolling us on Twitter about it now.
St. Louis is riding the wave of being new. Major League Soccer comes for everyone eventually. It is a lot more interesting to see what these new fan bases in year 3 and 5 etc.

They can talk all the shit they want about their history. Truth is Kansas City has been here building the domestic league and doing more for US Soccer than all of their talk.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:39 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I know you get really emotional when I point out all of Klinnsman's failures. Could not even hack it with a low expectations Bundesliga team. Oh he is the South Korean manage? *extreme wanking motion*

:-)
Couldn't hack it with a low expectations Bundesliga team? You know he only got 10 matches, right? You can't put that all on a manager. That's a dysfunctional operation to begin with.

Klinnsmann gave USMNT some of its finest moments in 2014. Be grateful for what he did.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:21 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Couldn't hack it with a low expectations Bundesliga team? You know he only got 10 matches, right? You can't put that all on a manager. That's a dysfunctional operation to begin with.

Klinnsmann gave USMNT some of its finest moments in 2014. Be grateful for what he did.
He got fired.

Just like he got fired when he let CONCACAF own the United States.

He is such royalty that 3 years went by and nobody wanted him to coach their team because he is garbage.

Is he paying you to suck his dick on the internet?
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 04:37 AM 03-20-2023
Were they? You were following them!
Around 2011 so quite a while ago not. I forgot they won the final in 2013!

SKC, the Royals and the Chiefs all in a few years. How good.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:57 AM 03-20-2023
How many different positions does Vermes hold with the team? I know he's more than just the manager.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:17 PM 03-20-2023
He got fired.

Just like he got fired when he let CONCACAF own the United States.

He is such royalty that 3 years went by and nobody wanted him to coach their team because he is garbage.

Is he paying you to suck his dick on the internet?
He stepped down. So now you're lying to make a point?

Suck his dick? That is a homophobic, gay shaming remark. Your liberal friends would cancel you.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:25 PM 03-20-2023
Good lord. I am an SKC fan yet will continue to stay away from this thread because of Zach. What a colossally self-absorbed prick. JFC.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 05:38 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Good lord. I am an SKC fan yet will continue to stay away from this thread because of Zach. What a colossally self-absorbed prick. JFC.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
carlos3652 10:17 PM 03-20-2023
Dude. SKC has been bad for a few years now.

Last years run at the end made it look better than it was but last year was atrocious.

This roster needs an overhaul. Now.

Alan Pulido (32 years Old) cost almost $10m. 4th year. Dude has played 33 games. 14 goals, almost a million per goal.

Espinoza 36
Zusi 36
Meliá 36

Wasting Russell’s good years right now.

Can someone tell me why Shelton is on this team… 61 games in the last 3 years. 5 goals, 3 assists … WTF.

We are relying on old and injured players to carry us. The league has moved on. We need to adapt.

We have some quality on the team, but we need to bring in better pieces.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:22 AM 03-21-2023
It looks like I'm going to my first ever Sporting game on the 8th. Whoo!
[Reply]
Al Czervik 03:50 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
It looks like I'm going to my first ever Sporting game on the 8th. Whoo!
It is a great experience.....
Prepare to be disappointed by our shitty Manager and a team that has 1 goal in 4 games.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:49 PM 03-25-2023
Home game against Seattle tonight. They have a lot of absence but will be tough with the form we have had to start the season. Perfect evening for a game though.

Both Pulido and Russell on the bench which is promising.

Our @BlueKC Starting XI ⤵️#SportingKC | #SKCvSEA pic.twitter.com/0lSBGeVfqH

— Sporting Kansas City (@SportingKC) March 25, 2023

[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up