Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Media Center>Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Spott 04:11 PM 12-01-2022

First trailer just released.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:03 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Can't really do that without making Rocket and the Guardians look like Batman level stupid.

You had 2 opportunities to straight kill this guy, with a Batman-esque moral high ground excuse for not planting 2 in his skull. I mean honestly, what is Rocket's body count alone on just general henchmen? Then you get a chance to off the guy that did all this horrific shit and you're gonna say nah I'm good on this one.

Like honestly where's Deadpool when you need him.

If the H.E. then goes on to do Kang/Thanos level of villainy, hard to look at the Guardians as anything but a bunch of dumbasses for not finishing the job.
That's an overarching problem with the entire genre.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 05-18-2023
Man, I'm liking this movie more and more as I sit and stew on it. If they managed Adam Warlock a bit better I wouldn't argue of folks put it above No Way Home. That movie had the benefit of being more an event and a huge boost of nostalgia along with it. This was more a culmination of self contained characters that each got to finish an incredibly well done character arc.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:19 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Man, I'm liking this movie more and more as I sit and stew on it. If they managed Adam Warlock a bit better I wouldn't argue of folks put it above No Way Home. That movie had the benefit of being more an event and a huge boost of nostalgia along with it. This was more a culmination of self contained characters that each got to finish an incredibly well done character arc.
I personally enjoyed it a little more than No Way Home.

They are both the only legitimately good MCU movies since Endgame though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:06 PM 05-18-2023
:-) Just realized Dutch Van Der Linde was the door guard Mantis had fall in love with Drax
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:40 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I personally enjoyed it a little more than No Way Home.

They are both the only legitimately good MCU movies since Endgame though.
I really like Shang Chi and knew nothing of the character going in.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:14 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I really like Shang Chi and knew nothing of the character going in.

I liked it as well. IMO, Shang Chi would have been so much better if they didn’t try to ham fist “girl boss” shit into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Jamie 03:14 PM 05-19-2023
I liked Shang Chi too, but it feels like that movie just came and went. The same with a lot of the TV shows. I think that's part of why Marvel feels so listless right now, they've gone too long without pulling things together. They really needed an in-between Avengers movie to let these new characters bounce off each other and keep them fresh in our minds.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:20 PM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I liked Shang Chi too, but it feels like that movie just came and went. The same with a lot of the TV shows. I think that's part of why Marvel feels so listless right now, they've gone too long without pulling things together. They really needed an in-between Avengers movie to let these new characters bounce off each other and keep them fresh in our minds.
Curious what they'll do now with having the Jonathan Majors debacle dropped in their laps, because I don't think there was another Avengers movie slated until Kang Dynasty then Secret Wars directly after.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:54 PM 05-19-2023
I actually disagree. Think a large part of why I enjoyed GOTG3 is that it was self contained. The MCU is getting larger and more convoluted as we go along and it makes it incredibly hard to tell a creative story when you're constantly having to link events and explain away stuff that just doesn't make sense established in other movies.

They really need to establish the new main characters first without immediately throwing them into the overgrowing melting pot. It's what they did with Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:55 PM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Curious what they'll do now with having the Jonathan Majors debacle dropped in their laps, because I don't think there was another Avengers movie slated until Kang Dynasty then Secret Wars directly after.
They need to either recast and get on with it or pivot to a different big bad and let Kang simmer some more. That situation isn't going to resolve for a long time with how messy it is.
[Reply]
Jamie 06:34 PM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They really need to establish the new main characters first without immediately throwing them into the overgrowing melting pot. It's what they did with Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.
Maybe it feels that way looking back, but they really didn't. Cap and Thor had one movie each in 2011, which were immediately followed by Avengers in 2012. Iron Man had more of a lead-up (four years and a second movie), but that was more because Marvel was still getting up and running.

Shang Chi on the other hand had a movie in 2019, and probably won't be seen again until Kang Dynasty in 2025. That's six years between appearances. Even if you give them a pass on the lost COVID year it's still too long to maintain any momentum.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:03 PM 05-19-2023
Maybe it feels that way looking back, but they really didn't. Cap and Thor had one movie each in 2011, which were immediately followed by Avengers in 2012. Iron Man had more of a lead-up (four years and a second movie), but that was more because Marvel was still getting up and running.

Shang Chi on the other hand had a movie in 2019, and probably won't be seen again until Kang Dynasty in 2025. That's six years between appearances. Even if you give them a pass on the lost COVID year it's still too long to maintain any momentum.
Well, there were also only six heroes at that point and supporting cast, and two of the six were really minor. I wouldn't be able to count without google the amount they need to account for now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:15 AM 05-21-2023
I would put that on par with No Way Home as my favorite movie since Endgame. And honestly, I think it might edge it out. For a group that I knew nothing about before the first movie, I’ve become completely involved in all of their stories. It was bittersweet to see it all end but I’m glad they didn’t just keep it going and make it worse.

I guess the only two minor things that I could nitpick was Gamora and Adam Warlock.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:43 PM 05-21-2023
I enjoyed it a lot. Very self-contained and not too focused on world-building/tying it with other parts of the MCU.

The animal brutality at times was hard to watch, but I felt a majority of the time it was necessary to tell Rocket's origin.

I don't quite understand the point of the High Evolutionary creating a world of furries, but whatever. For a Marvel Villain, I thought he was good. None of this redeemable quality bullshit.

My major gripe aside from some of the animal scenes was Warlock being under used.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:17 PM 05-21-2023
Pretty damn good, the 3D was nice. Without letting it settle in and marinate a bit I'd rate is as top 3 or 4 Marvel movie. The animal cruelty was especially tough to watch, certainly got a bit misty in the theater.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up