ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

When I objected to taking Williams, I was met with "it's a 10-month recovery that could probably be done in 8".

That's great until you consider that 8 months from now is the END OF NOVEMBER.

If you like the 5th year option and think you can redshirt him for a year, take him at 29.

Trading up should be absolutely off the board.
But the playoffs!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:13 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
But the playoffs!!!!
Well my counter argument to that is that you have to qualify for the playoffs first.

Our division got SIGNIFICANTLY better this offseason by trading away picks and signing free agents.

We did the opposite and for that to work, we actually have to have picks to use in the draft.

Trading them away is not only counterproductive, it's counterintuitive. It would basically be doing what our AFCW foes are doing, only half-assed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well my counter argument to that is that you have to qualify for the playoffs first.

Our division got SIGNIFICANTLY better this offseason by trading away picks and signing free agents.

We did the opposite and for that to work, we actually have to have picks to use in the draft.

Trading them away is not only counterproductive, it's counterintuitive. It would basically be doing what our AFCW foes are doing, only half-assed.
Oh I'm right there with you. The playoffs are going to be a fight this year....and expecting a WR with a torn ACL to magically come back and help you down the stretch after you traded away multiple draft picks to get him.....is a little fucking dumb IMO.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:17 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I like Watson’s athletic ability a lot also. His ability & testing numbers does show up on tape. Can he beat press from an nfl corner? Idk? Questions like that are why I like jameson. But I love Watson’s ceiling. I like him better than Dotson for sure.

How many NFL corners do you think Williams was facing in true press man, even at Alabama?

Watson performed well at the senior bowl, which featured a lot of future pros, and dominated his 1x1 reps.

Those future pros included:

Roger McReary
Zyon McCollum
Alontae Taylor
Coby Bryant
Mario Goodrich
Cam Taylor-Britt
Josh Williams
Mario Goodrich
Derion Kendrick

^ those are all guys expected to go by the end of day 2/beginning of day 3 in April.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:22 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
How many NFL corners do you think Williams was facing in true press man, even at Alabama?

Watson performed well at the senior bowl, which featured a lot of future pros, and dominated his 1x1 reps.

Roger McReary
Zyon McCollum
Alontae Taylor
Coby Bryant
Mario Goodrich
Cam Taylor-Britt
Josh Williams
Mario Goodrich
Derion Kendrick

^ those are all guys expected to go by the end of day 2/beginning of day 3 in April.
Choir here. I love the kid.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:18 PM 03-30-2022
I agree. I just watched that today. Watson is warming up to me. I saw his in season highlights and most of the time no one was near him. His speed and change of direction are real. He’s not just a combine warrior. that senior bowl video shows his quickness and long arms against the press. He’s got a lot of work to do but I like him a lot. I’m beginning to like picking him at 30 if burks and jameson are gone. I want a high ceiling, wr1 in this draft and Watson could be it. Watsons numbers and competition scared me initially.

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Roger McReary
Zyon McCollum
Alontae Taylor
Coby Bryant
Mario Goodrich
Cam Taylor-Britt
Josh Williams
Mario Goodrich
Derion Kendrick

[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:29 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I like Watson’s athletic ability a lot also. His ability & testing numbers does show up on tape. Can he beat press from an nfl corner? Idk? Questions like that are why I like jameson. But I love Watson’s ceiling. I like him better than Dotson for sure.
Watson has never been pressed in any of the video I can find. He has free release to run by people and catch completely uncontested catches. I see zero contact as well. His resume is lean. He has straight line speed on his resume and a terrific combine showing (in shorts) . Neat.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:45 PM 03-30-2022
Here ya go. Watson vs Press man,

https://youtu.be/GhGTJBg_XIQ
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 PM 03-30-2022
So we're watching a guy in shorts.

Again.

Definitely not an underwear warrior.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:17 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Again.

What's wrong with an underwear warrior? I think it sounds kinda sexy
[Reply]
JPH83 03:17 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Again.

Yeah I just don't see it. Don't think his releases are great, not particularly shifty, don't think he sets people up that well, his hands don't look anything special but not seen drops etc. I get it, he's big and fast, but isn't that what we have MVS for? Completely accept I may just be missing stuff but the more I look at WRs in this draft the less convinced I am.

I reckon Olave and Wilson have zero bust potential. London could end up being a limited miss-match/red-zone guy, Jameson could struggle with press, Burks could be a giant slug with those measurables...or they all could be superstars. Glad I'm not having to pick, I have an aneurysm just doing mock drafts.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:55 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I agree with Crow.

And as for the speed being gone after the first, I haven't seen Pierce or Watson mocked all that often before the 2nd, and nobody's faster than those two guys.

I'm for taking at least one WR in this draft, and probably double dipping, and probably doing THAT early, in those first two rounds.

If we took two DL and two WR in the first four picks I'd be thrilled.

But after the last draft, I'm not going to complain until I see the product on the field.
Only WR under contract in 2023 is MVS, right?

Double dipping is probably a necessity.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:44 AM 03-31-2022
Not so bad now that we have #29 as well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:06 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah I just don't see it. Don't think his releases are great, not particularly shifty, don't think he sets people up that well, his hands don't look anything special but not seen drops etc. I get it, he's big and fast, but isn't that what we have MVS for? Completely accept I may just be missing stuff but the more I look at WRs in this draft the less convinced I am.

I reckon Olave and Wilson have zero bust potential. London could end up being a limited miss-match/red-zone guy, Jameson could struggle with press, Burks could be a giant slug with those measurables...or they all could be superstars. Glad I'm not having to pick, I have an aneurysm just doing mock drafts.
Biggest bust potential for me is London. Dude refuses to run or do agility drills. Tape says 'contested catch guy', which is code for 'big and slow'.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:04 AM 03-31-2022
Ready for your priority UDFA?

Jake Parker, WR, Howard Payne University.

Why you ask? He went to HS with Mahomes, was in his wedding and is now declaring for the draft. Apparently he’d been out of football for a couple of years before going to Howard Payne.

He’s the new Dieter.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up