ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:40 PM 03-11-2022
I never said he was going in the 1st.

I said he won’t make it out of the 2nd.

Also, I think guys that are 6’4” running in the 4.3s are pretty rare. And this idea that he wasn’t productive just simply isn’t true. He had 900 total yards and 8 TD’s in 11 games.

And when he was at the Senior Bowl, he didn’t quite look like a 1st round pick, but he was definitely the best WR there.

He’s easily a 2nd rounder this year. That’s all I’m saying.

Totally understand why you wouldn’t want him at 30, and I agree.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:08 PM 03-11-2022
Have you guys watched him? All his plays are big plays where he is wide open against inferior competition. Zero physicality. Being big doesn't matter if you don't use it. Plus he still had a history of getting hurt, iirc.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:47 PM 03-11-2022
If we get someone like Boye Mafe or Sam Williams in the 2nd I'd be good with it, but if Wyatt is available I'll be a little pissed
[Reply]
JPH83 01:30 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Have you guys watched him? All his plays are big plays where he is wide open against inferior competition. Zero physicality. Being big doesn't matter if you don't use it. Plus he still had a history of getting hurt, iirc.
This is right imo. He's tall and fast, but he's slim and not at all physical. I don't think a lot of these guys work out. I really liked hjm as a R3 earlier in the process but absolutely not R1. In R2 i'd prefer Skyy Moore.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:07 AM 03-12-2022
To me, that would mean that they sat down with the kid, threw some of the offense at him, he understood it immediately and could diagram and describe the plays and who was doing what and why right back to the coach who was quizzing him.

To me, if they took Watson that high above all of the other big, fast receivers in this draft it means he's got a freak brain like Mahomes did, and they had decided that he was THE GUY they wanted.

I seriously doubt all of that, coming from NDS. Possible, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:08 AM 03-12-2022
I like Doubs, Tolbert, Pierce, Pickens, Wan'dale Robinson. Those are my targets in the 3rd. at least one should be there, according to the mocks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I like Doubs, Tolbert, Pierce, Pickens, Wan'dale Robinson. Those are my targets in the 3rd. at least one should be there, according to the mocks.
Agreed. Of that lot I think I’m highest on Tolbert and Pierce, though Pickens is in there as well.

Like you said, one of them should be there in the 3rd and I’d be content with any of them
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:26 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My question really is, why him?

Why aren't you picking Alec Pierce? Similar build, similar athletic profile, similar stats against higher competition.

Why not Kevin Austin Jr.? 2021 stats are the same. He's faster.

What about your Georgia boy, Pickens? He's alot of the same guy?

How about Isaiah Weston? Trumps them all with production and on-field acumen. Same profile. Might be a guy to watch for, he was buds with Daurice Fountain and could be a hell of a mid-round sleeper.

I guess I fail to see a 1st round WR here. He's nowhere near the player other guys have been and went in the early 2nd (collegiately). Tee Higgins? nope. Michael Pittman? nope. Deebo Samuel? nope. Courtland Sutton? no. If these guys can't crack round 1, I don't know how we could possibly champion for Watson there.

That and I just think it's stupid to even want a WR in the 1st round. There's so much talent this year between rounds 2 and 4 at the position for this team to pick from, it just seems like a waste to push for round 1 and especially so if you're considering a guy like Watson there who I don't think holds a candle to anyone I have on my list of 2nd rounders sans Bell who I just don't prefer myself because he's slow.

And yes, I do just enjoy the banter and reading your points.
I’m coming around to this argument for not taking a WR in the 1st. I still love jameson, but lots of talent and speed at wr. I definitely don’t want Dotson.

Alec pierce is interesting. I like how he fights for the ball.

https://youtu.be/ohHloup4w2k
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:20 AM 03-13-2022
And if you want a little wr, wan’dale Robinson is dynamic and creates separation.

https://youtu.be/J4uPrlPq8UA
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:53 AM 03-13-2022
Want a fast wr late?

Danny gray
https://youtu.be/1z80fzQHUNo

Velus jones
https://youtu.be/Vy7tm0eTlxU

I even like tyquan Thornton for a limited skill set. He will get killed on the press and his speed needs to be built up. His long or top end speed is unreal. Just send him on fly routes and posts.

https://youtu.be/uDNEK325GnQ
[Reply]
kccrow 03:11 AM 03-13-2022
I've gotten to be pretty high on Danny Gray. He's a guy I think you can get in the 4th pretty safely and brings a skill set similar to Hardman when he came into the league.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:41 AM 03-13-2022
Yeah I’m with DJ and the rest here. This would not be a good pick
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:15 AM 03-13-2022
Not at 30 but round 3 would be great. Even if they took him in the 2nd, I figure they must really like him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:38 AM 03-13-2022
Chiefs are taking DL in early rounds. They want to bolster the trenches as priority Vret Breach said so.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:16 PM 03-13-2022
The only two receivers I would draft in the first round:

Jameson Williams
Garret Wilson

Watson I would use a 3rd on. You can get better value in other positions than him in the second.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up