ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 435
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:27 PM 11-02-2019
I love it how king pussy and the rest of the hindsight brigade criticize Frank Clark not living up to his billing and saying they want the previously employed pass rusher who didn’t live up to his fucking mega contract years prior.

You criticize Frank Clark? Fine. You don’t like the compensation? Cool neither do I or anyone else.

But for fucks sake. Houston was a 30 year old pass rusher with a damaged knee that didn’t have double digit sacks in ANY of his years on that mega contract. He wasn’t an elite pass rusher since his 2014 contract year.

You think the Chiefs didn’t want the motherfucker back? He refused to restructure his deal. Here let me repeat that:

He refused to take a pay cut and restructure his deal.

Originally Posted by :

General manager Brett Veach said at the combine "there's a lot of dialogue" in the trade conversations for Houston. The news isn't overly surprising, as the veteran defensive end is due $15.25 million and will count $21.1 million against the salary cap in 2019. Those salary figures -- and his refusal to restructure -- make a trade difficult, so the team may have to decide whether to cut him to save costs.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...for-trade/amp/

The guy had a $21.1 million cap hit this year but the market told him he was worth less than 60% of that money.

But hey go ahead and keep bleeding all over the board everyday about it. What do you want to bring up next? That we passed on Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:59 PM 11-02-2019
Well, hey Run, you got a guy for 0.3 million less and cost multiple early draft picks instead, who is playing worse, so there is that. Woohoo. Was Clark at the time of the trade worth more than Houston? Yes. Was it worth the deal to cut Houston and trade for a marginally better Clark then? No. Is it worth it now? Hell no. The Chiefs could have and should have retained Houston and drafted a pass rusher and kept this year's extra 2nd round pick. They should have did it then and many, including myself, said that. It's not a hindsight ordeal. If we look in hindsight, they definitely should have done exactly that and it's not even close.
[Reply]
-King- 11:07 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I love it how king pussy and the rest of the hindsight brigade criticize Frank Clark not living up to his billing and saying they want the previously employed pass rusher who didn’t live up to his fucking mega contract years prior.

You criticize Frank Clark? Fine. You don’t like the compensation? Cool neither do I or anyone else.

But for fucks sake. Houston was a 30 year old pass rusher with a damaged knee that didn’t have double digit sacks in ANY of his years on that mega contract. He wasn’t an elite pass rusher since his 2014 contract year.

You think the Chiefs didn’t want the motherfucker back? He refused to restructure his deal. Here let me repeat that:

He refused to take a pay cut and restructure his deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...for-trade/amp/

The guy had a $21.1 million cap hit this year but the market told him he was worth less than 60% of that money.

But hey go ahead and keep bleeding all over the board everyday about it. What do you want to bring up next? That we passed on Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson?
Justin Houston + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick + Millions of dollars saved >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frank Clark

Its not that hard of a concept

And this season, Houston has more tackles, more sacks, more pressures, more QB hits, and more Tackles for loss.

So yeah, Id rather have that plus the picks and the money. Not even a contest.

And the restructure was going to be part of a paycut. Of course he would turn that down.

https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-cit...efs-129358146/
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:09 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Well, hey Run, you got a guy for 0.3 million less and cost multiple early draft picks instead, who is playing worse, so there is that. Woohoo. Was Clark at the time of the trade worth more than Houston? Yes. Was it worth the deal to cut Houston and trade for a marginally better Clark then? No. Is it worth it now? Hell no. The Chiefs could have and should have retained Houston and drafted a pass rusher and kept this year's extra 2nd round pick. They should have did it then and many, including myself, said that. It's not a hindsight ordeal. If we look in hindsight, they definitely should have done exactly that and it's not even close.
Houston was mailing it in and had a bug up his ass for his little buddy Haglund. He can say whatever after the fact, but I don't think he wanted to be here anymore.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:37 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Frank Clark looked like a younger Justin Houston in Seattle, a complete player, plus he was not missing games frequently like Houston.

No I did not like the compensation given up for him, but letting Justin Houston and Dee Ford go were the right moves.

Frank Clark was better than Justin Houston the last 3 years from ‘16-18. He was healthier, more productive and he’s younger.

Yes I know Justin Houston has looked damn good and has not missed a game yet for Indy. He’s on pace for double-digit sacks and playing a full season.

He wasn’t that good and/or healthy in any of the last 4 seasons here once he got paid.

Did I mentioned that Frank Clark hasn’t had young players motivating him to get off his ass and make a play.
[Reply]
-King- 11:48 PM 11-02-2019
Frank Clark looked like a younger Justin Houston in Seattle, a complete player, plus he was not missing games frequently like Houston.

No I did not like the compensation given up for him, but letting Justin Houston and Dee Ford go were the right moves.

Frank Clark was better than Justin Houston the last 3 years from ‘16-18. He was healthier, more productive and he’s younger.

Yes I know Justin Houston has looked damn good and has not missed a game yet for Indy. He’s on pace for double-digit sacks and playing a full season.

He wasn’t that good and/or healthy in any of the last 4 seasons here once he got paid.

Did I mentioned that Frank Clark hasn’t had young players motivating him to get off his ass and make a play.
Maybe he needs that so that he gets on more than a 6 sack season pace. Justin Hamilton still available?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:50 PM 11-02-2019
Having that 1st and 2nd rounder would be huge. Could use those on a high level OG, CB, or ILB.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:05 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Having that 1st and 2nd rounder would be huge. Could use those on a high level OG, CB, or ILB.
This team was an offsides away from getting to the Super Bowl and changed their scheme on defense. They were trying to win it all this year and cutting Houston enabled them the cap space to get both Frank Clark and Honey Badger. It was actually $1 million more than the 2019 cap hits of Clark, HB and Okafor, so it basically paid for all 3 of them.

This board has been saying to strike while Pat is cheap. Well that’s what they did..
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:54 AM 11-03-2019
Says he's Ford....posts a stat showing he's worth 3 sacks more a year and he plays elite run defense, compared to Ford who was a liability. This board is so full of people who think they know football, but don't know shit. Go back to draft planet and play fake GM.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:09 AM 11-03-2019
Stupid. It’s been 8 weeks. Can’t know what his value is until the contract is complete. Same with any player.
[Reply]
TEX 08:20 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Houston was mailing it in and had a bug up his ass for his little buddy Haglund. He can say whatever after the fact, but I don't think he wanted to be here anymore.
TRUTH! That's why he had to go regardless of any other reason. KC NEVER would have gotten the Justin Houston who is playing for the Colts this season.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:21 AM 11-03-2019
This team was an offsides away from getting to the Super Bowl and changed their scheme on defense. They were trying to win it all this year and cutting Houston enabled them the cap space to get both Frank Clark and Honey Badger. It was actually $1 million more than the 2019 cap hits of Clark, HB and Okafor, so it basically paid for all 3 of them.

This board has been saying to strike while Pat is cheap. Well that’s what they did..
I was never a fan of this offseason. We were an offsides away from the Super Bowl, so we tried to completely rebuild the defense? Seemed like overkill. We retained only like three defensive starters from that SB-caliber squad.. not that the defense was particularly good but they had good elements. Seemed to me we could have used a retooling and coaching change over a full-on rebuild.

Time will tell if it was the right choice but I'm skeptical.
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 08:27 AM 11-03-2019
I'm not a fan of the way Clark has performed so far, but letting Houston and Ford walk was the right call. I guess in hindsight it may have been better to let them walk *and* not trade for Clark, but maybe that will end up being wrong. Maybe Clark will step up.

Regardless, I do not regret letting Houston and Ford go. That won't change whether Clark works out or not.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:35 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Stupid. It’s been 8 weeks. Can’t know what his value is until the contract is complete. Same with any player.
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was never a fan of this offseason. We were an offsides away from the Super Bowl, so we tried to completely rebuild the defense? Seemed like overkill. We retained only like three defensive starters from that SB-caliber squad.. not that the defense was particularly good but they had good elements. Seemed to me we could have used a retooling and coaching change over a full-on rebuild.

Time will tell if it was the right choice but I'm skeptical.
I think it was smart to get away from the 34, it’s just hard to find guys to fit that anymore

They do all the sub package and stuff anymore anyway that’s it’s all about versatility
[Reply]
Page 120 of 435
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up