ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2488 of 2693
« First < 1488198823882438247824842485248624872488 2489249024912492249825382588 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mecca 09:23 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
How did anyone question his release? I remember folks trying to prop up Watson by saying that he had some hyper-quick release and could make up for a relative lack of arm strength with it.

But lord man, how can anyone have a quicker, better release than Mahomes? That 2nd play is just maelstrom, find Chiefs jersey, ball out immediately.
Wanna be honest?

It was the air raid QB that needed some footwork tweaks vs the dude who just beat Alabama for the National Title and was prominently displayed all over ESPN for roughly 2 and a half years.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:31 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wanna be honest?

It was the air raid QB that needed some footwork tweaks vs the dude who just beat Alabama for the National Title and was prominently displayed all over ESPN for roughly 2 and a half years.
don't forget playground, hero ball vs. playing in a pro-style system
[Reply]
Hoover 09:35 AM 06-07-2023
Correct.

What the NFL didn't see, was that Mahomes' situation in Texas Tech (always being in a shoot out) helped create the unicorn that we see today. The dude is not rattled in the least when down big. He's been there and done that. His college career and situation added to the being drafted by the Chiefs who had Andy Reid basically created a monster.

It will never be duplicated. Patrick is a unique talent, who played college ball for a team that forced him to be in shoot outs every week, who just happened to be drafted by a NFL team who had the grand wizard of offense to be his head coach.

I mean you can go on and on too. There is Kelce, Hill, etc.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:42 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
That video is another example of how he didn't trust the tackles most of last year. Look at how he's leaving the pocket at first sign of stress and where said stress is coming from.

I think the tackle upgrades are gonna be huge.
If Mahomes has time the league has no chance. He's been doing all of this running for his life all day for the most part.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:43 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Trying my best to enjoy this unicorn bc I’m going to be so goddamned depressed when he’s done.

Nobody could possibly live up to him in the slightest. Feel sorry for the poor bastard that is our next QB in (hopefully) 15 years
Yeah Kelce's retirement is gonna rough, and Reid's will be even worse, but when Mahomes leaves it's going to be like losing a family member.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:28 AM 06-07-2023

You were made for this. #Madden24

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 7, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah Kelce's retirement is gonna rough, and Reid's will be even worse, but when Mahomes leaves it's going to be like losing a family member.
I've said it before, but I'll be in my early/mid 50s by then. My kids will be in college and I'll hopefully be winding up shit from a business perspective and working on succession plans, etc... while I look for some teaching gig somewhere.

Man...I think I'll just fade away. I can't do it. There's no way I'm reaching these highs again and I just don't know that I'll bother trying. Maybe I can take an elder statesmen role if my kids want to take the baton from me.

But I'll almost have to step back because there's just no topping this and I've already put in my 30+ years of wandering the wilderness. I've earned that right.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:43 AM 06-07-2023
Since Twitter is stupid now

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:48 AM 06-07-2023
:-) Said it in the other thread. If that's just something you can do for no reason like in the trailer it's going to be hilarious to watch people BM with it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:06 PM 06-07-2023

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by PFF (@profootballfocus)

Swipe left for Patrick's cover pic
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:25 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've said it before, but I'll be in my early/mid 50s by then. My kids will be in college and I'll hopefully be winding up shit from a business perspective and working on succession plans, etc... while I look for some teaching gig somewhere.

Man...I think I'll just fade away. I can't do it. There's no way I'm reaching these highs again and I just don't know that I'll bother trying. Maybe I can take an elder statesmen role if my kids want to take the baton from me.

But I'll almost have to step back because there's just no topping this and I've already put in my 30+ years of wandering the wilderness. I've earned that right.
This. I’ll have to take a step back. There is no way I’ll ever have this much fun again rooting for the Chiefs. Accordingly, I’m not going to freak out if we miss the Lombardi a year or whatever the current freak out is. I’m just trying to enjoy every play from the best there has ever been.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:46 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Correct.

What the NFL didn't see, was that Mahomes' situation in Texas Tech (always being in a shoot out) helped create the unicorn that we see today. The dude is not rattled in the least when down big. He's been there and done that. His college career and situation added to the being drafted by the Chiefs who had Andy Reid basically created a monster.

It will never be duplicated. Patrick is a unique talent, who played college ball for a team that forced him to be in shoot outs every week, who just happened to be drafted by a NFL team who had the grand wizard of offense to be his head coach.

I mean you can go on and on too. There is Kelce, Hill, etc.
Not just college. From what I understand, he lost in the high school playoffs back to back years while scoring 50+ points in each game. Imagine if this guy ever had a defense backing him like the defenses that helped Brady, Montana, and others win big.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:33 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wanna be honest?

So much truth in this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 AM 06-08-2023
This is his best throw ever. I don't understand why it doesn't get more love. It clanked off his facemask. That's not his fault and shouldn't take away from the quality of the throw.

Patrick Mahomes Superman throw in slow motion! 🤯 pic.twitter.com/clQmuny2KU

— Brad Henson Productions (@BradHensonPro) June 8, 2023

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:28 AM 06-08-2023
Love what it says for the Chiefs in today's PFF article lol. They did about a paragraph for each team, but for the Chiefs it was short and sweet.

Reason for optimism for all 32 NFL teams: Sean Payton brings winning ways to Broncos, Kenny Pickett set to take next step

[Reply]
Page 2488 of 2693
« First < 1488198823882438247824842485248624872488 2489249024912492249825382588 > Last »
Up