ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 61
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
RobBlake 04:50 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
We stopped at In & Out on our way to Indian Wells for Spring Break. It was the first time I'd had it since the late 90's and it was just soooooooooo disappointing.

I mean, the thing is barely even a burger and since I don't like Thousand Island, it was a dry burger to boot. The wife and kids didn't like it, either.

We have a ton of local places that are a million times better. Original Tommy's, Fatburger, Astro Burger, The Counter and so many more. I will never understand the hype.
what's a good burger joint near the Teragram Ballroom in LA? going to a show there in sept. with a female compainion
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:51 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Agreed. I'd take a Five Guys or Smashburger over In N Out every time.
Five Guys over both.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:52 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Five Guys over both.

Nine times out of 10, so would I. Every now and then, I do like a Smashburger, though.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:52 PM 06-28-2016
I tell you what is an outstanding burger is Hi-Boy.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:53 PM 06-28-2016
Nine times out of 10, so would I. Every now and then, I do like a Smashburger, though.
It just doesn't like me - tried it twice one time my burger was literally burned and the other time it was forever to get my food and not overly fond of their bun offering.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:56 PM 06-28-2016
Hi Boy was my favorite 'go to' early on - Lee's Summit had a Big Boy that was almost the same - very good place! Dad was so cheap we hardly ever went!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:01 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
what's a good burger joint near the Teragram Ballroom in LA? going to a show there in sept. with a female compainion
The Counter, Apple Pan, The Blacksheep, 464 and Umami, although Umami seems like a love it or hate it restaurant.

Yardhouse at LA Live is damn good, too, across the board.
[Reply]
srvy 05:05 PM 06-28-2016
LC's Burgers in Platte Woods is back open after the fire and havent missed a beat.

[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:06 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I tell you what is an outstanding burger is Hi-Boy.
The wife and I really enjoyed Winstead's in OP a year or two ago.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:07 PM 06-28-2016
Fatburgers are legit.
They're great if the management is great and above average if not.

I was disappointed the last few times we went to the nearest Fatburger, which had been excellent for a decade, so I hit up Original Tommy's and BAM! Excellent burgers and chili fries. It's also a little closer.

There's a Wayback that opened recently about 3 miles from here. Any opinions? Steak & Shake opens nearby this Fall as well.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:19 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
which burger do you eff with the most.
The Frisco Thickburger.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:21 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
They're great if the management is great and above average if not.

I was disappointed the last few times we went to the nearest Fatburger, which had been excellent for a decade, so I hit up Original Tommy's and BAM! Excellent burgers and chili fries. It's also a little closer.

There's a Wayback that opened recently about 3 miles from here. Any opinions? Steak & Shake opens nearby this Fall as well.

Never been there. I like Steak and Shake quite a bit. Their fries are excellent, and I really dig their burgers. They are thin, so get a double or even a triple.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:22 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
The wife and I really enjoyed Winstead's in OP a year or two ago.

I always felt like they were expensive Steak and Shake. Good, but overpriced. Steak and Shake is pretty cheap.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:29 PM 06-28-2016
Flopnuts - I know you tried Hi Boy one time - what'd you think?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:31 PM 06-28-2016
Never been there. I like Steak and Shake quite a bit. Their fries are excellent, and I really dig their burgers. They are thin, so get a double or even a triple.
I always felt like they were expensive Steak and Shake. Good, but overpriced. Steak and Shake is pretty cheap.
I'd agree Winstead's is a nicer, more expensive, Steak'n'Shake.

SnS has upped their shake game, but I still think Winstead's has the edge quality-wise.

Both have old-fashioned cooked to order burgers.

Disagree on fries. Can't say I hate SnS fries necessarily. But they're shoestring cut, which makes them my least favorite of the national chains. So tough to corral, so thin they get cold quicker, also so thin they often come off like chips instead of fries. But their honey mustard is on point.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 61
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up