ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 61
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Mecca 09:20 AM 06-07-2023
There are Whataburgers all over the city you can't drive 10 minutes without hitting one.
[Reply]
TLO 10:57 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Employee of mine said that Arby's Wagu Burgers are frozen and they heat them up in a Microwave.
I tried one of these the other day and I'd rather eat McDonald's. It was NOT good.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:17 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi Part Deux:
I tried one of these the other day and I'd rather eat McDonald's. It was NOT good.
da fuq happened to your user name?
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:26 PM 06-07-2023
Going no need a roast beef soon now
[Reply]
Stewie 02:35 PM 06-07-2023
I need to try Whataburger. There isn't one close here in Shawnee, so it's a bit of a drive.

I find it interesting that Wendy's was 10th in that list, and it was the Jr. cheeseburger. Their regular burgers make me feel like I ate a brick. They do have a good spicy chicken sandwich and the best ff iced tea.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:31 PM 06-07-2023
They still have two things I gotta have once in a while, the Frisco burger and pork chop n gravy biscuit... both are really tough to beat

They also used to do a smoked sausage and egg biscuit that was killer, wish they'd bring that back
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:46 PM 06-07-2023
Haven’t eaten Hardee’s in forever, does anyone know if their loaded omelet biscuit is still good?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 06-07-2023
Best fast food breakfast game in the business. Probably the best chicken tenders as well, definitely among burger joints but honestly I can't think of a chicken place that does better tenders than Hardees.

I gotta figure bad management has led to some of their failures (seems like many have been going under lately) because from a strictly menu standpoint, they're at/near the top of the heap. There's no reason for them to be lagging behind the Wendy's/McDonalds/Burger Kings of the world - everything those guys do, Hardees does better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Employee of mine said that Arby's Wagu Burgers are frozen and they heat them up in a Microwave.
They don't have a griddle at Arby's so yeah, they almost have to be microwaved. You can't get enough heat in them via any sort of oven to have them cooked in under ten minutes.

The only way to cook a burger quickly is via direct conduction (griddle) or a microwave.

If you're gonna have a national campaign for a burger at a roast beef joint, maybe give your franchisees a $300 rebate to go get themselves a Blackstone or something. You can't serve burgers if you don't have a damn griddle.

EDIT: The interwebs say they sous vide them, ship them, then finish them in the fryer at the restaurants. That could work but it's not ideal. Sous vide makes a compressed paddy because you have to vacuum seal them before you cook them. And so the texture will be too dense. I've done burgers sous vide once and it's just wholly unnecessary.

So I'd imagine you could get a nice crust on the outside via the fryer but the inside of that burger's gonna be too dense and not have that crumbly feel that you need on a good burger. That's why you should also hand-paddy a burger rather than use a burger press or mold.

There's an undeniable 'right' way to do burgers (or at least a couple of them) - and there a whole bunch of wrong ones. Doing it sous vide is among the latter.

Worse still, if those paddy's were ever frozen, you're absolutely gonna have to microwave them to thaw them before you drop them in the fryer. I guess you could get a 'batch' out in the morning and let them that slowly or in a cold water bath since they're sealed from the sous vide process.

Arby's - just stay in your lane. Or, like I said, give your franchisees a blackstone to stick in a corner somewhere.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:51 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Best fast food breakfast game in the business.
I haven't really done their breakfast much since they got rid of their biscuits and gravy.

They had an excellent Biscuits n gravy.
[Reply]
Monty 03:51 PM 06-07-2023
I used to love the Hardee's Mushroom Swiss burger back in the day. I've had the Whataburger version and it was outstanding. The Whataburgers are inconsistent between locations, so it's hit and miss on burger quality.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:54 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I haven't really done their breakfast much since they got rid of their biscuits and gravy.

Wha? they don't do that in San Diego these days?

Its still on the menu here in my little burg, and yeah for fast food gravy its about as good as anyone could hope for
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:55 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Wha? they don't do that in San Diego these days?
Yeah. Freakin' bastards.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 06-07-2023

They did?!? Well that was dumb of them. Because yeah, even as a gravy snob, I thought Hardees did a solid job.

I really wish I could make biscuits as well as they can. Damn they make a good biscuit. They do something different with their leavening agents because they manage to stay dense and chewy while having a really nice crust on the outside. I can't get that chewy interior on the ones I make - they always end up too fluffy. And some people prefer that but I think that Hardees style is the way to go.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:03 PM 06-07-2023
Yeah. Freakin' bastards.
Incredibly stupid decision by the franchisee's in that area, B&G is a Hardees staple... probably what they're most known for
[Reply]
Page 57 of 61
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 >
Up