ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Saccopoo's Man Crush has lost a bunch of weight
ChiefsCountry 02:26 PM 06-06-2023

Russell Okung loved his first 40-day fast so much that he plans to do it again! https://t.co/PijTr9eDfx

— OutKick (@Outkick) June 6, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:22 AM 06-10-2023
Fat people can run on their own body fat if they stop eating.
[Reply]
teedubya 11:36 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
40 days?!? That's freaking incredible.

I have a hard enough time when I fast for one day. Especially right around 2pm. Once I get past 2-3pm the rest of the day isn't so bad.
The best way to do it... is to eat mid day... then don't eat again until mid day the next day. Boom easy 24 hours.

The longest I did was 12.5 days... but I wasn't getting enough electrolytes, because I hadn't figured that part out.

Now I can't get past 7 days. I think it's a mental block, but I could definitely use a longer one.

The mental clarity is amazing. As long as I eat a ketogenic type meal before fasting, I'm good... if I eat too many carbs or sweets, there's no way for me to do a fast.
[Reply]
teedubya 11:38 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ve heard fasting is very good for you but isn’t a dangerous thing to do it for too long? Not eating nutrients after 48 hours seems to be pretty damn dangerous to me.

I’m not up to date on the science on this though
Watch this... Dr. Pradip Jamnadas... he is pretty hilarious.

https://youtu.be/RuOvn4UqznU

Here's a good part to listen to, if you don't have an hour...

https://youtu.be/RuOvn4UqznU?t=713
[Reply]
scho63 04:53 PM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by teedubya:
The best way to do it... is to eat mid day... then don't eat again until mid day the next day. Boom easy 24 hours.

The longest I did was 12.5 days... but I wasn't getting enough electrolytes, because I hadn't figured that part out.

Now I can't get past 7 days. I think it's a mental block, but I could definitely use a longer one.

The mental clarity is amazing. As long as I eat a ketogenic type meal before fasting, I'm good... if I eat too many carbs or sweets, there's no way for me to do a fast.
This is NOT fasting and the scam artists are telling people skipping meals is fasting or eating 1 meal a day is fasting.

You body NEVER goes into ketosis.

All you are doing is skipping meals and reducing calories.

Reducing calories certainly helps but it is not fasting.
[Reply]
scho63 05:03 PM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ve heard fasting is very good for you but isn’t a dangerous thing to do it for too long? Not eating nutrients after 48 hours seems to be pretty damn dangerous to me.

I’m not up to date on the science on this though
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Fat people can run on their own body fat if they stop eating.
Fasting is VERY HEALTHY for fat people. MahomesMagic is 100% correct. You MUST drink plenty of water paced throughout the day. 1 1/2 gallons is perfect as it will ensure hydration, keep your bowels moving and help you fight hunger.

Vitamin supplements are fine but don't have a ton of help.

Already discussed who shouldn't fast. Anyone with visceral fat can benefit greatly.

You need to be careful as you get past day 3-4 as you could be dizzy standing up. Your blood pressure drops during your fast.

There are many more benefits than negatives when done correctly.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:14 PM 06-10-2023
Wait...

So, starving yourself for days is the only way to get into ketosis..... and intermittent fasting is a "scam", yet drinking only water and coffee "cleanses toxins," which is only one of the biggest health scams ever.

This thread is why no one should take advice from the internet (including mine, go see a doctor or someone with some credentials.... jfc :-)).

via GIPHY

[Reply]
lewdog 05:23 PM 06-10-2023
The most healthy thing to do is maintain a normal bodyweight for most of your life, through proper diet and consistent exercise.

/The End
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:37 PM 06-10-2023
I miss Sacc. :-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:41 PM 06-10-2023
They shrink their colon for a new boyfriend
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:39 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Wait...

So, starving yourself for days is the only way to get into ketosis..... and intermittent fasting is a "scam", yet drinking only water and coffee "cleanses toxins," which is only one of the biggest health scams ever.

This thread is why no one should take advice from the internet (including mine, go see a doctor or someone with some credentials.... jfc :-)).

via GIPHY

Holy shit, Scho is spouting off crazy ass nonsense. A low carb diet is enough to put someone into ketosis. He sounds like those crazy fucks MLM huns. Dude is clueless and is getting his info from some really sketchy ass places.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:58 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
You're making a lot of silly statements.

You know who dies young?

Rappers
Drug addicts
Obese people
Heavy smokers
Alcoholics
People in extreme poverty
People in high crime areas
People with dangerous jobs
People who eat refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, gluten, drink soda all day, eats snacks constantly eat processed and fast food every day, eat a lot of salt.
People with genetic or hereditary defects.

You know who doesn't die young? People who do control fasts.

I didn't read the article but are you saying that not eating for 40 days is a controlled fast

People who do control fasts don't die young what about Jesus boom roasted
[Reply]
loochy 02:23 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Wait...

via GIPHY

It's the fastest way to get into ketosis. It's not the only way.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up