ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>T-Mobile Home Internet
AdolfOliverBush 02:56 PM 03-21-2023
For many years I used Verizon for cell service, and Cox for internet. Their services were fine, but I recently looked into T-Mobile and switched everything over to them.

Their comparable phone plan is 50% lower than Verizon, and that price is guaranteed to never increase. They also offer home internet service in my area, and since I was a new customer I qualified for a discount. I now pay $30 a month for internet service with no data cap, and about 150 Mb/s download speed. It performs every bit a well as the Cox service, and I got a $50 rebate for signing up.

They also pay for my basic Netflix for life, same with Apple TV.

I'm not trying to be a spokesperson for T-Mobile, but if you live anywhere near one of their towers, you might be able to save a significant amount of money, depending on your current setup.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, buy your own modem, that's just a waste of $10/month.
It's not even a waste of $10 a month. You're actually PAYING THEM to give you a piece of shit that lack performance and probably is patched once a year. As far as I'm concern, my ISP is an untrusted entity. I'm not using them for anything that runs a NAT firewall. I run my own firewalls.

Hopefully, I will have my demo unit soon. Finally got past the first couple rounds of red tape, just have one more. to go.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:46 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not even a waste of $10 a month. You're actually PAYING THEM to give you a piece of shit that lack performance and probably is patched once a year. As far as I'm concern, my ISP is an untrusted entity. I'm not using them for anything that runs a NAT firewall. I run my own firewalls.

Hopefully, I will have my demo unit soon. Finally got past the first couple rounds of red tape, just have one more. to go.
I was once looking at CenturyLink options and they only had DSL speeds at the location.... and it required a $15/month modem rental with some bullshit "our modem has advanced security and is advanced technology to deliver the best internet. :-)

Fucking scammers (fortunately, was just browsing their options and there were far better options).
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 05-04-2023
Got my last approval this morning. Should be ordering my router today.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 AM 05-05-2023
I called to cancel last night. They looked up my device and said it was tied to my AZ address (not sure if I forgot to tell the store my current address or if they just screwed it up).

They said the address it's tied to can hurt prioritization on the tower, as you're lower priority if you aren't local.

Sounds like a load of bullshit, but whatever... will try it out this weekend. Did a hard reset on it this morning for good measure.

I figured they're either full of it and I cancel in the next few days anyway, they lied but did something that might actually help? Or it somehow actually helps. I was at a steady 500 down/40 up with little latency that first week, which clearly has nothing to do with what they said.... just stop throttling/dep-prioritizing and it would be fine.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:50 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I called to cancel last night. They looked up my device and said it was tied to my AZ address (not sure if I forgot to tell the store my current address or if they just screwed it up).

They said the address it's tied to can hurt prioritization on the tower, as you're lower priority if you aren't local.

Sounds like a load of bullshit, but whatever... will try it out this weekend. Did a hard reset on it this morning for good measure.

I figured they're either full of it and I cancel in the next few days anyway, they lied but did something that might actually help? Or it somehow actually helps. I was at a steady 500 down/40 up with little latency that first week, which clearly has nothing to do with what they said.... just stop throttling/dep-prioritizing and it would be fine.

I got the oddest Kinetic fiber account 3 weeks ago. My up exceeds my down every time I test. 143/324 just now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 AM 05-07-2023
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I got the oddest Kinetic fiber account 3 weeks ago. My up exceeds my down every time I test. 143/324 just now.
You have windstream then? They’re a LEC here in Iowa and my experience so far is that they don’t know what they’re doing. 😂
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 05-11-2023
Still don't have my router - damn corporate red tape.

The good news is that it should arrive just in time for me to test some 5G UWB and mmWave upgrades they just did to the Des Moines network.
[Reply]
TEX 09:13 AM 05-18-2023
I switched to T- Mobile 6 months ago and never looked back.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:07 PM 05-18-2023
Just looked at my TMobile Tuesday app and it looks like they are going to be offering MLB.tv and MLS Season Pass for free again next Tuesday in case anyone is interested in either of those.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 06-01-2023
Just got my 5G router up and running last Thursday. I'm getting about 250 down on 5G UWB. I am able to stream flawlessly and online gaming works great too. It's actually a little better than my fiber in terms of raw bandwidth but of course the latency and packet loss are a little higher. We used over 100GB of data in 4 days, it worked so well.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:25 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just got my 5G router up and running last Thursday. I'm getting about 250 down on 5G UWB. I am able to stream flawlessly and online gaming works great too. It's actually a little better than my fiber in terms of raw bandwidth but of course the latency and packet loss are a little higher. We used over 100GB of data in 4 days, it worked so well.
Still looking good? That was my experience for the first week or so both times I tried it, then it promptly went to shit.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up