ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 55
« First < 5455152535455
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:25 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, for years it was like the Chiefs and Blues were sister organizations of mediocrity, hiding behind "rich history" mantras and outdated strategies... you'd just as well assume Carl Peterson was running both organizations.
Yup. I've always said the same.

Same squad in different sports. And where the Chiefs struggled to find a championship caliber QB, the Blues cut corners in the net. 'Game manager' quarterbacks and 'defensive system' goalies that required defense first forwards to help them out at the cost of the offense.

The Blues gotta a Flacco season out of Binner like the year he was white hot for a month in the playoffs and then went back to being Joe Flacco. But they still never got a Mahomes that can paper over some problems for them. So they're still emphasizing 'sandpaper' on the roster.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:04 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup. I've always said the same.

Same squad in different sports. And where the Chiefs struggled to find a championship caliber QB, the Blues cut corners in the net. 'Game manager' quarterbacks and 'defensive system' goalies that required defense first forwards to help them out at the cost of the offense.

The Blues gotta a Flacco season out of Binner like the year he was white hot for a month in the playoffs and then went back to being Joe Flacco. But they still never got a Mahomes that can paper over some problems for them. So they're still emphasizing 'sandpaper' on the roster.
That’s not at all why they’re in the current situation they’re in. Binnington is fine.

They never properly replaced Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester defensively. The forward group aged out of its prime and the current forwards are either young or haven’t replaced the older guys yet.

Binnington’s played well this season. Last year the team was a dumpster fire.
2021-2022 the defense was OK but had insane offensive production from the forwards.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:47 PM 12-16-2023
Kyrou went from public enemy number one to hero tonight. He finally played well tonight.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:25 PM 12-16-2023
Potty mouth

What a rollercoaster couple days for Jordan Kyrou 🎢 pic.twitter.com/CSXmVHUpva

— Spittin' Chiclets (@spittinchiclets) December 17, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 PM 12-16-2023
Yeah - anyone that watched that game tonight realizes why everyone was so frustrated with Kyrou.

Dude looked like one of the 10-20 best players in the league tonight. He was awesome.

Because he tried. Damn that's aggravating.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 08:50 PM 12-19-2023
I have no idea how they are doing it but some how the Flyers are on a nine game unbeaten streak and are currently 3rd in the East Conf.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:32 PM 12-23-2023

⚠️ CONNOR BEDARD MICHIGAN GOAL‼️ THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ⚠️ pic.twitter.com/KPWcsVGzo0

— NHL (@NHL) December 24, 2023

[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:07 AM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
I have no idea how they are doing it but some how the Flyers are on a nine game unbeaten streak and are currently 3rd in the East Conf.
Tortorella does that kind of thing all the time. His coaching style seems to only work with the worst possible teams. He makes them defensively responsible and offensive over-achievers. Once there's talent on the roster, he's shown the door.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 55
« First < 5455152535455
Up