View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 54 of 343
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:04 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Why? Dude wasn't even healthy for the playoffs this season. He hasn't been healthy for a full season in a literal DECADE. Doesn't matter if he has the most talent on paper if he isn't available/not at 100% during the most critical part of each season. The fascination with him is fucking baffling.
Boss just wants to be able to say Silverback more often

:-)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:52 PM 06-18-2022
Orlando brown jr might be the worst left tackle in the division. I just can’t justify giving him a massive contract.

He’s physically limited. He’s not going to all the sudden get quicker feet. He will likely always have trouble with speed rushers.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:09 PM 06-18-2022
he is and will always be a right tackle....
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:15 AM 06-19-2022
This is the dumbest thread with the dumbest posters making the dumbest statements JFC
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:29 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This is the dumbest thread with the dumbest posters making the dumbest statements JFC
50-50 discussion, it's very relevant for both sides who believe he can do be a Franchise LT and others who don't.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:47 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The stupidity is off the charts.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:53 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Orlando brown jr might be the worst left tackle in the division. I just can’t justify giving him a massive contract.

He’s physically limited. He’s not going to all the sudden get quicker feet. He will likely always have trouble with speed rushers.
1. Every LT in the division is above average to great.

2. He's definitely better than Bolles who has to hold every play, and conveniently started playing better when the refs stopped calling holding as often.

3. This is like saying the Broncos shouldn't pay Russell Wilson because he's the 3rd best QB in the division.

Who gives a fuck where he ranks in the divison anyways? He's a top 10 LT with the upside to get better, especially at his new weight. Enough can't be said about his availability too.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 06-19-2022
What I find absolutely hilarious is that people that are overly critical about Brown would be bitching non-stop about whatever LT we draft when they inevitably struggle early on.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:00 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Silly? The man playing his negotiations in the media, the guys about the money. OBJ's not concerned about legacy or winning.

He'll have a decent season, but after the contract Year I expect a DGAF attitude ballooning back to 360+ pounds
Terrible post.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Terrible post.
His takes usually are.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:06 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Terrible post.
Why, because you disagree?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:20 PM 06-19-2022

Because you’re having a quasi-hysterical overreaction to him answering a question when asked.

If Brown and his agent were playing this in the media, he be appearing on podcasts or hosting podcasts or holding press conferences.

Might still happen, but it has yet to happen.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:23 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Because you’re having a quasi-hysterical overreaction to him answering a question when asked.
If he was coached by his father he'd know what to say, like Pat Sr did with Patrick.

Then there's the fact that he didn't get in shape for the combine like Jordan Davis to avoid having " The worst combine ever".

The kid isn't the second coming of Willie Roaf or Tony Boselli
[Reply]
RunKC 01:22 PM 06-19-2022
A top LT contract would be 10th in the NFL for non-QB’s. What’s interesting is that Trent Williams guaranteed money is $40 million which is a lot less than other players.

For example Aaron Donald is $46 million and Tyreek Hill is $52 million

I still maintain that these guys like Nick Bosa are going to take a blowtorch to the position and demand Tyreek Hill money bc they are more valuable players than WR’s.

Just wait. Pass rushers and tackles are coming for that money. They know they have the leverage.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:41 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1. Every LT in the division is above average to great.

2. He's definitely better than Bolles who has to hold every play, and conveniently started playing better when the refs stopped calling holding as often.

3. This is like saying the Broncos shouldn't pay Russell Wilson because he's the 3rd best QB in the division.

Who gives a fuck where he ranks in the divison anyways? He's a top 10 LT with the upside to get better, especially at his new weight. Enough can't be said about his availability too.
It’s relevant because he’s asking for a contract that could make him the highest paid tackle in the nfl. If he’s not the worst LT in the division, he’s the second worst. Woohoo I guess. I don’t mind paying him a reasonable contract but I would be careful not to commit too much to the guy.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 343
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up