ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Super Bowl Halftime Show announced already?
luv 03:15 PM 09-30-2021

Dr Dre
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Mary J. Blige
Kendrick Lamar
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:19 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I have a theory about rappers. I believe they are the natural evolution of the late 1950's and early 1960's Vegas "Rat Pack." I'm talking Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. Look at the themes of their music. Hedonism, fast living, fast women, materialism, etc. The two generations just express it in different musical fashions. I will say, the musicianship of the Rat Pack was much better, but otherwise pretty much the same thematically. Oh, and Sinatra didn't say F**K, at least not publicly.
From dressing in suits, playing pool with a high ball and a smoke to crooked hats with their asses hanging out shootin cops and doin drugs.

Makes sense :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:21 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
While the conversation in here has been all about Snoop/Eminem/Dre, the real headliner here is Kendrick Lamar, at least as far as the younger generation goes.

Adding him to the lineup was a stroke of genius imo.
As an older Millennial I don't really know who Kendrick Lamar is lol. Do love me some Em and Snoop though.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:34 PM 10-01-2021
I can't remember the last time I saw a halftime show during the Super Bowl. I always had intercourse with my girlfriends during the break. So much better. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:38 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
From dressing in suits, playing pool with a high ball and a smoke to crooked hats with their asses hanging out shootin cops and doin drugs.

Makes sense :-)
Dressing in suits was the fashion in 1960.
Dressing in crooked hats with sagging pants was fashion in 1990.

Both groups did drugs. They were just different types of drugs.

Rappers may have shot at cops, but the Rat Pack has the Mafia behind them.

So, pretty similar, really.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:25 PM 10-01-2021
Sadly, I won’t be able to jerk it like I did to JLo/Shakira halftime show.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:33 PM 10-01-2021
They have more hits collectively than U2 and Prince combined.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
I like Dre and Snoop........but c'mon man.......
[Reply]
Bowser 01:40 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Sadly, I won’t be able to jerk it like I did to JLo/Shakira halftime show.
That's just a lack of effort on your part
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:47 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
As an older Millennial I don't really know who Kendrick Lamar is lol.
Sounds like an NBA player. Or maybe that's Lamar Kendrick.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:54 PM 10-01-2021
I think we all can agree this will be much better than "The Weekn'd". In fact, I think we can agree that anything is probably better than last years.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:55 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I like Dre and Snoop........but c'mon man.......
You don't think Dre, Snoop and Em have collectively more hits than the combo of Prince and U2?
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:00 PM 10-01-2021
You don't think Dre, Snoop and Em have collectively more hits than the combo of Prince and U2?

I don't know how many "hits" anybody has had, but I'd be willing to bet that U2 has sold more records than those three guys combined. They've been around a long long time. I'm sure Prince has sold a heck of a lot of records too.

Just to be clear, I don't care who gets picked to play the half time show.
[Reply]
backinblack 02:07 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I don't know how many "hits" anybody has had, but I'd be willing to bet that U2 has sold more records than those three guys combined. They've been around a long long time. I'm sure Prince has sold a heck of a lot of records too.

Just to be clear, I don't care who gets picked to play the half time show.
just doing a cursory search, Eminem is credited with 220 million albums sold globally(with potentially as high as 250 million), U2 is credited with about 150 million sold globally.

Edit: Prince is way further down the list, with about 100 million.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:12 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by backinblack:
just doing a cursory search, Eminem is credited with 220 million albums sold globally(with potentially as high as 250 million), U2 is credited with about 150 million sold globally.

Edit: Prince is way further down the list, with about 100 million.

https://shadyrecords.com/artist/eminem-2/

Eminem has achieved ten number-one albums on the Billboard 200. He has sold more than 42 million tracks and 49.1 million albums in the United States, and 100 million albums worldwide.

Why the hell did I even bother googling that? God damn internet is just full of pointless shit to argue about.

Anyways...here's GWAR covering the Pet Shop Boys:

[Reply]
Eleazar 02:36 PM 10-01-2021
I guess it’s time for 90s nostalgia acts. (Well, one of them still sells something besides his name I guess, but still)
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:49 PM 10-01-2021
OLD WHITE GUY CHECKING IN WITH ALL CAPS POST FULL OF RAGE
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up