ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 95
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
DaFace 08:42 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
Probably the best team the Wild have ever had, and a terrible draw for the first round - they just don't match up well with the Blues. Hoping this is just nerves of a young team, and they put on a lot of good pressure in the first period, but I don't have high hopes for this series.
It's true, but I also think they're just not built well for the playoffs. They rely a TON on Kaprizov, and, as the Avs have learned over the years, the physicality of the playoffs can wear those kinds of guys down. I kind of expected them to crash and burn.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:42 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
Probably the best team the Wild have ever had, and a terrible draw for the first round - they just don't match up well with the Blues. Hoping this is just nerves of a young team, and they put on a lot of good pressure in the first period, but I don't have high hopes for this series.
It's true, but I also think they're just not built well for the playoffs. They rely a TON on Kaprizov, and, as the Avs have learned over the years, the physicality of the playoffs can wear those kinds of guys down. I kind of expected them to crash and burn.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:46 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I love the NHL on ESPN theme. Love that it is back.
I see so many people complain about it, but I think ESPN+ has been a huge upgrade from NHL.tv and I think ESPN's coverage has been fine... and yeah, love the classic theme music.

And having the first round on national TV and not the regional channels is huge for blackout reasons (not that living in Arizona matters much in that regard). FSN KC would always opt for the Royals over Blues playoff hockey.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:14 PM 05-02-2022
McDavid scores 1 on 4. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yup.

The Blues know as well as anyone (see the Brett Hull years) that one line can always be shut down. If you can't roll at least 2 scoring lines while also sending out elite special teams units, you're largely drawing dead.

You may steal a series if your goalie catches fire and badly outplays theirs, or if they're slow to figure out how to deal with that single superstar line. But by the 2nd round you're usually drawing dead. It'll just exhaust that star player/line getting through even a single series and then it will all come crashing down.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:25 PM 05-02-2022
Wild's Cs don't matchup well with the Blues at all and I think the difference on D is marginal at best in favor of the Wild.

The Wild's special teams are atrocious.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Wild's Cs don't matchup well with the Blues at all and I think the difference on D is marginal at best in favor of the Wild.

The Wild's special teams are atrocious.
One of my favorite series ever was watching Jake Allen come out of nowhere and butt-fuck the Wild when they simply out-played us across the board.

Didn't matter. Sent the 'State of Hockey' home crying.

Tonight reminded me a lot of that series. That 2nd period could've gotten away from us. Minnesota was far sharper and really had some high-quality chances that period. By all rights they could have/should have tied it up there and then who knows how the 3rd goes.

But Husso was outstanding.

So good times.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:33 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
One of my favorite series ever was watching Jake Allen come out of nowhere and butt-**** the Wild when they simply out-played us across the board.

Didn't matter. Sent the 'State of Hockey' home crying.

Tonight reminded me a lot of that series. That 2nd period could've gotten away from us. Minnesota was far sharper and really had some high-quality chances that period. By all rights they could have/should have tied it up there and then who knows how the 3rd goes.

But Husso was outstanding.

So good times.
Not taking anything away from Husso, but Allen won a game in OT on the road in which the Wild outshot the Blues by like 20+ shots (the Wild had 50+ SOG). Husso concerned me on some plays (he was playing way out of position) but played fantastic overall.

Tonight was just an ass whooping and the Wild lost their composure.

If the Blues don't take dumbass penalties (both Perron penalties and Bortuzzo's were dumb), I think the Blues can win this in 5. Curious to see if the Wild turn to Talbot though I think Fleury played OK.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:39 PM 05-02-2022

look at this TRASH pic.twitter.com/LB6qjXlMBi

— Tony X (@soIoucity) May 3, 2022

If Spurgeon's out for the next game, Game 2 could be ugly.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:41 PM 05-02-2022
LET'S GO BLUES

What's kind of crazy is that this gamed really could've gone either way. I didn't even expect the Blues to steal this game. Just hoped for 1 of 2. MIN gifted this W. STL better come into Game 2 like they're down 1.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:42 PM 05-02-2022
Playoff Mike Smith is always fun to watch.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:52 PM 05-02-2022
GKG!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 PM 05-02-2022
I wonder how long it will take me to forgive the wild for once employing Mike Yeo?

I hate that guy so goddamn much that merely by extension I enjoy beating the Wild probably more than any other team in the NHL. And the hell of it is that Wild fans hate Mike Yeo as much as I do. Doesn’t matter - had they not given him a shot, we’d have never hired him.

Mike Yeo can eat all the dicks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:38 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wonder how long it will take me to forgive the wild for once employing Mike Yeo?

I hate that guy so goddamn much that merely by extension I enjoy beating the Wild probably more than any other team in the NHL. And the hell of it is that Wild fans hate Mike Yeo as much as I do. Doesn’t matter - had they not given him a shot, we’d have never hired him.

Mike Yeo can eat all the dicks.
He got fired from the Flyers, so he'll have more time on his hands for that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
He got fired from the Flyers, so he'll have more time on his hands for that.
I hope someone else hires him just so he can get fired again.

You get points towards heaven by firing Mike Yeo.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:47 AM 05-03-2022
It was so awesome watching the Blues kick ass and then in the middle of it seeing Mike Yeo get canned. Glorious night last night.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 95
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up