ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 55
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:12 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:

Ive used these for outdoor work for a while now they work perfectly. The lighter the more active you are. They have many thicknesses. I use the thinnest they make when doing walking of heavy physical activity and a heavy one on times as a survey instrument operator where I might be over a tripod and instrument for hours. Before it was frozen snot and ice beards :-)
The brand I bought was Seirus from Dick's and it's pretty amazing... I use it while driving around on an ATV in the snow and don't even notice the cold.

Granted, -25 wind chill might be a different story.
[Reply]
Donger 05:12 PM 02-15-2021
I take it there is some propane meme (or something) that has avoided me?
[Reply]
srvy 05:15 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The brand I bought was Seirus from Dick's and it's pretty amazing... I use it while driving around on an ATV in the snow and don't even notice the cold.

Granted, -25 wind chill might be a different story.
Yes when I first saw the stuff I was skeptical then bought one in an outdoor shop and never looked back.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:15 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I take it there is some propane meme (or something) that has avoided me?
Allow me to clarify for you.

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:16 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
When my son was in the Marines and stationed at Oahu, he and his wife were looking for a house to buy and then rent out when he left...found a 700 square foot bungalo nowhere near the beach for 500k...needless to say, he dropped the idea.

Of course, now he's back in Nebraska and wishing there was some way he could get back to Hawaii...:-)
Yeah, you would think every job out there would have to start in the 6 figures and anyone working at a fast food joint or at a similar wage is living with their rich parents or has 7 roommates.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 05:18 PM 02-15-2021
I'm down here in San Antonio, and it's definitely cold for Texas, but the people down here lose their minds when they see snow on the ground
[Reply]
Donger 05:20 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Allow me to clarify for you.

Appreciate the effort, but that clarified nothing for me.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:22 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I'm down here in San Antonio, and it's definitely cold for Texas, but the people down here lose their minds when they see snow on the ground

Texans Forced To Cut Open Cattle With Lightsabers And Climb Inside For Warmth

https://babylonbee.com/news/texans-f...ide-for-warmth

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 05:24 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Taste the meat, not the heat.
I have a shirt someone gave me that says that with the Strickland propane logo underneath...

Love that shirt...
[Reply]
eDave 05:25 PM 02-15-2021
Appreciate the effort, but that clarified nothing for me.
There's a whole other world outside DC.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:29 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, you would think every job out there would have to start in the 6 figures and anyone working at a fast food joint or at a similar wage is living with their rich parents or has 7 roommates.
Yeah it's not a cheap place to live, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Donger 05:32 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
There's a whole other world outside DC.
It seems to be a cartoon? I don't watch cartoons.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:38 PM 02-15-2021
It seems to be a cartoon? I don't watch cartoons.
First you tell me you've never seen The Office and don't know who Dwight is. Now you've never seen King of the Hill? Bro.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:39 PM 02-15-2021
https://www.1380kcim.com/2021/02/15/...-temperatures/

carroll Iowa radio

If the renter loses electricity, my god he will bitch. It is a little out of our control

Storm Lake paper had a similar warning. Really good for those feeding animals.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:44 PM 02-15-2021
Isnt texas on their own power grid? Its a whole other country
[Reply]
Page 28 of 55
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up