ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:50 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by patteeu:
In addition to your other faults, you apparently don't know the meaning of the word "hypocrite".
Whatever you say, Nancy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:10 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
OK, first I want you to recognize I have not once said in this thread that anyone was right or wrong in their assertions. Just that I disagree.

That said, to say "the goal of a movie should be to entertain" ... that is incorrect.

Movies are for entertainment... and can be so much more.

The art of film (or any art for that matter) can be, and absolutely should be whenever it can, more, even a catalyst for change.

Just because all YOU want out of a movie is to be entertained is not to say that is all the artists involved in making it wanted.

If you don't like "art films" then don't see them. They weren't made for you (the universal you - those who don't like them).

The Coens, like it or not, are artists. Their films speak more than just on the surface.
Well, my comment was for Midnight-Douchebag...but any how, I understand your point. I do like art films, but i think i may like them for a different reason than you.

I felt like it could've been a lot better. I think the plot was there, the characters were interesting, but the interaction between the two was severely lacking. You have the scene set for these two bad-ass mofo's and the confrontation was weak, and that's all surrounded by whisper-dialogue; it was nulling me to sleep. That and it never felt or came across as an "Art-film" for me.

Maybe it was the way it was marketed. I thought i was walking into an ass-kicking movie set out in the country. \shrug.
[Reply]
Fairplay 11:20 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus:
I think the plot was there, the characters were interesting, but the interaction between the two was severely lacking. You have the scene set for these two bad-ass mofo's and the confrontation was weak, and that's all surrounded by whisper-dialogue; it was nulling me to sleep.
One dude had a suitcase full of dough, he was trying get away the bad guy all through the movie.

So the interaction would be lacking. I don't think they would have a sit down conversation like in the movie Heat.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:02 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
One dude had a suitcase full of dough, he was trying get away the bad guy all through the movie.

So the interaction would be lacking. I don't think they would have a sit down conversation like in the movie Heat.
Yeah, but the guy with the suitcase full of dough was a hunter and seemed like he could be a bad ass. I was expecting him to fight back.
[Reply]
Fish 03:16 PM 11-25-2008
Interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art - Susan Sontag
[Reply]
Frazod 03:28 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
Interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art - Susan Sontag
I believe that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. - Crash Davis

:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:41 PM 08-26-2017
What an excellent movie. Just rewatch on Netflix for the first time in like 8-9 years.

Superb
[Reply]
notorious 05:11 PM 08-26-2017
I love this movie. It's fantastic.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:13 PM 08-26-2017
I still hate it.

But not nearly as much as I did nine years ago, apparently. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 05:18 PM 08-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I still hate it.

I can see why people don't like it. I think it's the setting that draws me in. I flew all over that countryside for years, and they nailed it.

The acting is excellent, too. His wife was hot in Trainspotting, and she is hot in this. She is Scottish, and pulls off the Texan accent very well.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:24 PM 08-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I still hate it.

You're still wrong, but not nearly as much as you were nine years ago, apparently. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:30 PM 08-26-2017
One of my favorite movies of all-time.

Absolutely still love it to this day.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:34 PM 08-26-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You're still wrong, but not nearly as much as you were nine years ago, apparently. :-)
Much like yourself, it's not nearly as annoying to me now. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:25 PM 08-26-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I love this movie. It's fantastic.
Originally Posted by lewdog:
One of my favorite movies of all-time.

Absolutely still love it to this day.
Every time I run across it on TV I have to stop and watch it. Same with Goodfellas.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:44 PM 08-26-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Every time I run across it on TV I have to stop and watch it. Same with Goodfellas.
And Roadhouse.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up