ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:42 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
OK, first I want you to recognize I have not once said in this thread that anyone was right or wrong in their assertions. Just that I disagree.

That said, to say "the goal of a movie should be to entertain" ... that is incorrect.

Movies are for entertainment... and can be so much more.

The art of film (or any art for that matter) can be, and absolutely should be whenever it can, more, even a catalyst for change.

Just because all YOU want out of a movie is to be entertained is not to say that is all the artists involved in making it wanted.

If you don't like "art films" then don't see them. They weren't made for you (the universal you - those who don't like them).

The Coens, like it or not, are artists. Their films speak more than just on the surface.
FMB,

You know how you said certain films are for certain people. Certain posts are for certain people. For instance when I reply to Midnight Douche's posts I have to dumb it down quite substantially. A reply to that dipshit's dribble should not be universally applied to all posters.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:47 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
FMB,

You know how you said certain films are for certain people. Certain posts are for certain people. For instance when I reply to Midnight Douche's posts I have to dumb it down quite substantially. A reply to that dipshit's dribble should not be universally applied to all posters.
Indeed. Say it's an MU/KU thread... I may get pretty nasty with a guy like KC_Connection... but it isn't meant toward a guy like Bearcat (just because they're on the same side of the argument).

Collateral damage.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:35 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by blaise:
Even it was a few hours that was still hasty when you consider what he did.
And no, not everyone ended up with that fate. The father himself ventured out and back. Why not wait and see if what ended up happening, ended up happening? Why not try the radio?
It was retarded.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 12:45 AM 11-25-2008
I love fucktards who let others think for them.

The cool kids, fashion magazines and the odd beltless gangbangers in lockup teach them how to dress.

MTV teaches them what music to like and how they should look at the world.

TV commercials during football games teach them what beers are really good and more importantly, REALLY COLD, because temperature's important when your beer is 99% water and 1% bronco piss.

And critics pick their movies. And Academy Award voters (the same bought-off douchebags who picked Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan for best picture) define what the REALLY good movies are.

Because really, when somebody's devoting all his time to stealing, whoring and being an internet troll, who could expect him to be bothered with thinking for himself?

:-)
[Reply]
Reaper16 01:42 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
I love fucktards who let others think for them.

The cool kids, fashion magazines and the odd beltless gangbangers in lockup teach them how to dress.

TV commercials during football games teach them what beers are really good and more importantly, REALLY COLD, because temperature's important when your beer is 99% water and 1% bronco piss.

And critics pick their movies. And Academy Award voters (the same bought-off douchebags who picked Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan for best picture) define what the REALLY good movies are.

Because really, when somebody's devoting all his time to stealing, whoring and being an internet troll, who could expect him to be bothered with thinking for himself?

Succinctly put.
[Reply]
Reaper16 01:42 AM 11-25-2008
Also, I liked the ending of "The Mist." Moreover, I liked "The Mist," despite generally not giving a fuck about the horror genre.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:53 AM 11-25-2008
I love ****tards who let others think for them.

You remind me of Homer Simpson. He doesn't let anyone do his "thinking" for him either.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:35 AM 11-25-2008
I'm only picking on the quoted part. I never thought the award voters were bought off.

I think the truth (IMO) is that the third-best picture won. Saving Private Ryan and Life is Beautiful split the vote. Unfortunately, Shakespeare in Love came in with more votes than the others individually and stole the Oscar.

It's pretty widely regarded that Shakespeare was, unfortunately, not as good as either SPR and LiB.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:02 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You remind me of Homer Simpson. He doesn't let anyone do his "thinking" for him either.
Aw, more unkind words from the King of the Chickenhawks. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 09:14 AM 11-25-2008
Aw, more unkind words from the King of the Chickenhawks. :-)
:-) Your whiny neg rep suggests I've gotten under your skin, Homer. It's a shame you're so fragile.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:18 AM 11-25-2008
:-) Your whiny neg rep suggests I've gotten under your skin, Homer. It's a shame you're so fragile.
I love the people who act like they don't care about rep, but damned if they don't check it every five minutes to see if they got some more.

As for getting under skin, I'm not the one who took this sniping shit to another forum, 'lil Hannity.

As in everything else, you are a hypocrite piece of shit.
[Reply]
burt 09:19 AM 11-25-2008
and they both like donuts......
[Reply]
Frazod 09:22 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by T.B.A.:
and they both like donuts......
Mmmm, donut..... :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:42 AM 11-25-2008
I was thinking Fred Flintstone, jk
[Reply]
patteeu 09:43 AM 11-25-2008
I love the people who act like they don't care about rep, but damned if they don't check it every five minutes to see if they got some more.

As for getting under skin, I'm not the one who took this sniping shit to another forum, 'lil Hannity.

As in everything else, you are a hypocrite piece of shit.
In addition to your other faults, you apparently don't know the meaning of the word "hypocrite".
[Reply]
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Up