ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:46 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by blaise:
I read the book as well. My point is that if the character of the father was consistent he wouldn't have done what he did so hastily. He would have explored other solutions before he had to and he would have waited. It didn't make sense.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:51 AM 11-24-2008
I wish there was some shootout or something in the end. It was a waste of money to have a ending like that. My money should buy me some shootouts or a large explosion at the end.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:00 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
Funny how none of the people who continue to defend this piece of crap like it was their sister's honor has ever responded to any of these points.

Was Coppola a sell-out for bringing The Godfather to sensible conclusion? Was Unforgiven not art? Should I toss my Seven DVD in the trash because Fincher dared to actually include all seven deadly sins?

I guess we should just have a random ending generator for movies, and only then will they be worth watching.
Maybe it's because they were idiotic questions that ignore the fact that NCFOM's purpose was served by the ending it had whereas the endings you propose aren't related to the concept of those movies? I thought you claimed to have understood the NCFOM ending but when you ask questions like this and talk about random ending generators, it gives me the impression that you didn't. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:11 PM 11-24-2008
I have no trouble with "thinking" or "emoting" (who the **** uses that word?) at the movies. I don't need a happy ending. A good tragedy is fine by me. I loved the deeply ****ed-up ending of The Mist, which differed greatly from the end of the short story. But I want the ending of a movie to ****ING MAKE SENSE. Shouldn't be too much to ask.
Just so I understand you. You completely understand the meaning of the ending and the rationale underlying it, but it's also completely random shit that doesn't make any sense at all.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:12 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Maybe it's because they were idiotic questions that ignore the fact that NCFOM's purpose was served by the ending it had whereas the endings you propose aren't related to the concept of those movies? I thought you claimed to have understood the NCFOM ending but when you ask questions like this and talk about random ending generators, it gives me the impression that you didn't. :-)
Funny to see you crawling in bed with the arty types. Your jackboot friends will not be pleased. Although I'm not surprised to see you hop a ride on the makes-me-feel-superior train. :-)

The whole point could have been made without a disjointed, shit ending. I don't know how many more ways that can be said.
[Reply]
burt 12:17 PM 11-24-2008
Funny to see you crawling in bed with the arty types. Your jackboot friends will not be pleased. Although I'm not surprised to see you hop a ride on the makes-me-feel-superior train. :-)

The whole point could have been made without a disjointed, shit ending. I don't know how many more ways that can be said.
Geez Frazod....YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:29 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
What he said was a statement based on his thoughts. What did is say: If you don't like this ending then so and so must be wrong with you.

His statement is a response, yours is a diagnosis. Big difference.
I think you misread my point. First off it wasn't you [J Diddy] it was you [the pronoun to indicate the viewer]. Second it wasn't that you have to look at the ending a certain way or something's wrong with you, it's that the reaction to the ending is part of the ending. Each of us end up examining why it's so dispiriting to not get that big showdown we were expecting. This leads to the realization that that expectation isn't a natural one, or instinctual, it's learned. Then the gravity of the actual ending strikes you, we don't get to be heroes, evil doesn't get its due, the ersazt hero gets taken out by yahoos and evil plunders on.

It's a riff on Tyler Durden "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:49 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Just so I understand you. You completely understand the meaning of the ending and the rationale underlying it, but it's also completely random shit that doesn't make any sense at all.
what does the car crash have to do with anything?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:57 PM 11-24-2008
what does the car crash have to do with anything?
It's part of the whole "you can't see what's coming" theme voiced by the chick at the motel. Even Chigurh is subject to fate, the difference is his response, to assess what's immediately needed to survive and plod on inexorably. Further, it show that, while Chigurh fancies himself as fate embodied, he has no choice but to impose the consequences of his coin tosses, real fate is still out there meting out it's own consequences.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:15 PM 11-24-2008
The movie wasn't entertaining, i don't care what the message was; it was boring. The characters were interesting, and i waited the whole time for some kick ass shootouts but nothing ever happened. I waste of characters. For me, this was the most disappointing movie of the year by far. The whispering dialogue damn near put me to sleep. For a Second there, i thought i was watching the notebook because of all the old people and slow pace.
[Reply]
Brock 01:17 PM 11-24-2008
The only rolleyes moment I had with the entire movie was dragging a satchel full of money back home without checking it over very closely.
[Reply]
Midnight_Vulture 05:03 PM 11-24-2008
pretty much all movies

to me the screenplay is the art
Just when I thought you couldnt get ANY dumber...you type THIS.:-)

Seriously, its all good you didnt like the ending (or "get" the ending for that matter).
I wouldnt expect a simpleton Misery fan to understand film like this.

The FACT that it won a bunch of Oscars assures it is a brillant film and highly praised by critics everywhere. I will take their opinions over yours anyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
[Reply]
Midnight_Vulture 05:05 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus:
The movie wasn't entertaining, i don't care what the message was; it was boring. The characters were interesting, and i waited the whole time for some kick ass shootouts but nothing ever happened. I waste of characters. For me, this was the most disappointing movie of the year by far. The whispering dialogue damn near put me to sleep. For a Second there, i thought i was watching the notebook because of all the old people and slow pace.
I bet you cant wait til the Punisher comes out huh?

And there was a "kickass" shootout in it. Did you sleep thru the hotel scene where Brolin gets injured???
[Reply]
Midnight_Vulture 05:07 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I wish there was some shootout or something in the end. It was a waste of money to have a ending like that. My money should buy me some shootouts or a large explosion at the end.

Again, go see the Transporter 3 this coming weekend. That should be more on your "level".
[Reply]
Reaper16 05:08 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture:
I wouldnt expect a simpleton Misery fan to understand film like this.

The FACT that it won a bunch of Oscars assures it is a brillant film and highly praised by critics everywhere. I will take their opinions over yours anyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
Hey now, I'm an MU fan who loved the film.

Also, while we are in agreement in this thread, I wouldn't say that Oscars actually "assure the brilliance" of a film. The Oscar voters make plenty of mistakes/wrong decisions with their awards.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up