ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Neil Smith will bang the pre-game drum
siberian khatru 10:23 AM 01-21-2022
**** him and the Broncos he rode out on.

Former #Chiefs Defensive End Neil Smith will serve as the Drum Honoree this week for #Chiefs vs #Bills .

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 21, 2022

[Reply]
BigChiefTN 08:34 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
If I went to another job with my sole purpose being to screw over my previous employer and sabotage their success, I doubt if they'd invite me back to the company picnic.

And if you think playing for the Denver Broncos is Okey Dokey, you don't get it.

If football is just "an entertainment exhibition" then fine. If that's the case, then none of this matters. It's all bullshit.

I like to think it's more than that. It may not be. It may be the WWF. We've debated that for a long time on the CP.

I'd prefer to give the ceremonial honor to somebody who didn't come back into my house and rub my nose in my team's defeat. But that's just me.

I don't see the Donks welcoming back Eddie Kennison anytime soon...
Exactly! Screw you Neil Smith! Go bang a drum in Denver - Us diehards don’t want you here.
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 08:38 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Chiefs didnt want Neil Smith. Marty and Carl said get the **** out. And people act like Smith just said **** it I'm going to Denver.
Him Going to a rival sucked- but it happens. It was how he belittled and mocked the fans here that matters. Show a little respect /class to the team that gave you a chance and made you who you are- no reason to be an ass and burn bridges with a town that adored you - He’s a Bronco to me.
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 08:39 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by You See Us:
Yeah, unfortunately I’m old enough to remember smith coming back to arrowhead and mocking the fans and the chop after a donk sack.
Fc that guy, Chiefs could find someone better.
Yep! Screw him- He’s a Donkey for life now…
[Reply]
Frazod 08:42 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Curé:
i remember when rich gannon came back to arrowhead and some chiefs "fans" cheered him. that's much more of a dick move than having neil smith bang the stupid drum. at least neil never got cheered wearing another uni. fuck those "fans."

and fuck raider rich.
I remember what Tim Grunhard said when asked what would have happened had Gannon started over Grbac. "I'd have a Super Bowl ring."

Gannon was nails down the stretch in '97. Starting that cocksucker Grbac is one of the dumbest decisions ever made in the history of dumb decisions. Why would he want to stay here and continue to backup that soulless prick? I wouldn't have cheered him, but I don't hate him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:44 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Curé:
i remember when rich gannon came back to arrowhead and some chiefs "fans" cheered him. that's much more of a dick move than having neil smith bang the stupid drum. at least neil never got cheered wearing another uni. **** those "fans."

and **** raider rich.
Neil was a star here, the Chiefs chose Grbac over Gannon, It's hard to be mad at Gannon...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:46 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I remember what Tim Grunhard said when asked what would have happened had Gannon started over Grbac. "I'd have a Super Bowl ring."

Gannon was nails down the stretch in '97. Starting that one who sucks the penis Grbac is one of the dumbest decisions ever made in the history of dumb decisions. Why would he want to stay here and continue to backup that soulless prick? I wouldn't have cheered him, but I don't hate him.
Marty would always ALWAYS Marty himself into losing.

He was gutless. All talk. No substance.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:48 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Marty would always ALWAYS Marty himself into losing.

He was gutless. All talk. No substance.
I'll always wonder if that was a Marty decision, or if Carl made him do it.

Marty's successor-in-playoff-choking, Mike Vrabel, did the same thing today by sticking with Travis Henry when he clearly was rusty as fuck and ineffective.
[Reply]
Superbowltrashcan 08:53 PM 01-22-2022
So who do they have lined up for next week, Tony G? How is the front office and marketing group in charge of this stuff so unaware of things like this?
[Reply]
Bump 09:05 PM 01-22-2022
come on

nobody cared when Jamaal Charles banged the drum, he was a "traitor" too he was just not good anymore at that point lol
[Reply]
Bump 09:08 PM 01-22-2022

Gannon was nails down the stretch in '97. Starting that one who sucks the penis Grbac is one of the dumbest decisions ever made in the history of dumb decisions. Why would he want to stay here and continue to backup that soulless prick? I wouldn't have cheered him, but I don't hate him.
yup

I remember watching that season and the offense was pretty ****ing good with Gannon starting. People that can't remember just look up the stats and say shit like "he didn't do shit" but I actually watched and he was ****ing good, way better than grbac. Marty said "I won't let a player lose his job because of injury" (he had to say that because Gannon was doing very well) and grbac comes back for the last game against the Saints and then another one and done in the playoffs. One of the worst coaching moves ever
[Reply]
Frazod 09:17 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
come on

nobody cared when Jamaal Charles banged the drum, he was a "traitor" too he was just not good anymore at that point lol
He didn't help fuck the best team we'd fielded in decades out of a Super Bowl.

But that didn't stop me from throwing my Jamaal Charles jersey in the trash the day he signed with Denver. Or ever regretting doing so.
[Reply]
BIG K 09:18 PM 01-22-2022
I'll always wonder if that was a Marty decision, or if Carl made him do it.

Marty's successor-in-playoff-choking, Mike Vrabel, did the same thing today by sticking with Travis Henry when he clearly was rusty as **** and ineffective.
I watched Marty when he was a commentator for the NFL after the Chiefs and before the Redskins and he stated that you should never mess with a teams chemistry when things are going well. I took his statement as a dig on Peterson.

There was no question then and there should be no question now. Now way Carl was going to admit that he screwed up and signed a huge dollar free agent QB when we had the answer all along on the roster.

Starting the red hot Gannon after a bye week when his golden boy was finally healthy, would mean he would have to admit he made a mistake.

Any Chief fan alive at that time knew it was a mistake...
[Reply]
Frazod 09:23 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by BIG K:
I watched Marty when he was a commentator for the NFL after the Chiefs and before the Redskins and he stated that you should never mess with a teams chemistry when things are going well. I took his statement as a dig on Peterson.

There was no question then and there should be no question now. Now way Carl was going to admit that he screwed up and signed a huge dollar free agent QB when we had the answer all along on the roster.

Starting the red hot Gannon after a bye week when his golden boy was finally healthy, would mean he would have to admit he made a mistake.

Any Chief fan alive at that time knew it was a mistake...
Hmm, I've never heard that before. But it certainly makes more sense that Carl and his bloated fucking ego caused that decision, as opposed to Marty wanting to fix what wasn't broken.
[Reply]
BIG K 09:34 PM 01-22-2022
As far as the hate for Neil Smith banging the drum goes, I get it. I was pissed he went to the Broncos. But unless my memory is incorrect, the Chiefs failed to make any offer at all for him. Smith was on the open market for some time if I am remembering this right.

He finally agreed to a contract with the hated broncos and got a few sacks. His replacement was Dan Williams from, you guessed it, the Broncos. Dan had 10 sacks in 1997 for us.

No matter how we all remember things, Neil kicked ass every game for us for a long time as a Chief. For that,. he has my respect and he can bang the damn drum...
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:35 PM 01-22-2022
I'd rather :-) bang the drum than Benedict Neil Smith Arnold.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up