ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we Talk About Nick Bolton for a Second?
comochiefsfan 08:35 AM 09-27-2022
He is an absolute stud.

I saw it every week at Mizzou but even I'll admit that I didn't think it would translate quite this well, this soon to the pro level.

I mean he looks like Bobby Wagner out there and has completely changed our defense at the second level.

He's light-years better than Hitch and this defense is one really good pass rusher away from having a chance to be dominant.

It's been a joy to watch him work so far this season. So glad he's a Chief.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:01 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the 4th and 1 stop was sexy

he's strong like bear
I'd love to see that gif'd up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
He was the best LB in the SEC his last year in college. That should have told you something.
Being that good in college, especially for LB's, doesn't always mean success in the NFL. Bolton doesn't really have elite athleticism and there was a concern his game wouldn't translate. Not saying I agreed with it but that was the thought process going into that draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 09-27-2022
He was the best LB in the SEC his last year in college. That should have told you something.
Him and Gay are a perfect example of needing to be varied in your approach to player acquisition.

You don't go strictly by measurables - you'd pass on Bolton if you did. And you don't go strictly off production - you'd pass on Gay. Don't focus entirely on ceiling or floor either.

You need to be cognizant of both. Sometimes you try to find combinations of those traits. Sometimes you try to find guys who stand out in one area or another. Mix it all throughout your draft. Take some high floor, low ceiling guys and vice versa. Take some guys who explode on tape and a few who show out on the stopwatch.

But you don't get tunnel vision. Don't get married to a set approach. There's a little luck involved here and the wider you cast your net, the more likely you are to catch what you're fishing for.
[Reply]
redfan 10:06 AM 09-27-2022
It's nice to finally have a BAMF at LB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by redhed:
It's nice to finally have a BAMF at LB.
We have TWO.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:33 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Being that good in college, especially for LB's, doesn't always mean success in the NFL. Bolton doesn't really have elite athleticism and there was a concern his game wouldn't translate. Not saying I agreed with it but that was the thought process going into that draft.
He was a player that you always saw that made plays in college against everyone. We got lucky he wasn't a winner in the underwear Olympics.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 09-27-2022
He was a player that you always saw that made plays in college against everyone. We got lucky he wasn't a winner in the underwear Olympics.
Ben Niemann did the same thing in college.

Again, I'm not saying I completely agreed with those takes but there were legitimate concerns that he simply wasn't athletic enough to be a premiere NFL LB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ben Niemann did the same thing in college.

Again, I'm not saying I completely agreed with those takes but there were legitimate concerns that he simply wasn't athletic enough to be a premiere NFL LB.
Mike Rose is a perfect example. Twice first team All-Big 12, Big 12 DPOY as a Junior. He played downhill and aggressive but had some physical limitations.

But that's why you have scouts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mike Rose is a perfect example. Twice first team All-Big 12, Big 12 DPOY as a Junior. He played downhill and aggressive but had some physical limitations.

But that's why you have scouts.
Right.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:54 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I'd love to see that gif'd up.

Anyways….here’s Nick Bolton’s lift. Sound on. pic.twitter.com/LQE9RIKngv

— Alicia Marie (@KC_Goddess29) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:00 AM 09-27-2022
He’s so good the chicken-squawk fans love him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:29 AM 09-27-2022
He was the perfect LB prospect. KU fans couldn't stop jacking off over some dumb fuck rivalry to realize he was special.

That's it. That was the entire thing.
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:36 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He’s so good the chicken-squawk fans love him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't give a shit where players on professional teams come from. I'm not 12
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:38 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He was the perfect LB prospect. KU fans couldn't stop jacking off over some dumb **** rivalry to realize he was special.

That's it. That was the entire thing.
Completely unfounded. I'm sure there are a few idiot KU fans out there who can't seem to differentiate between college and pro sports, but I certainly wasn't one of them and would argue that most liked what they saw from Bolton regardless of who he played college ball for.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:04 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Love the guy so damn much. Only custom jersey I've ever ordered (back when you couldn't find a Bolton jersey).

I thought he was a 1st round talent but I'm always reluctant to say anyone will be a perennial pro bowler. That sure seems to be Bolton's ceiling right now.

If Mizzou fans hate a guy - don't give that much thought. We hate most of our players. But if we love a player, that's probably worth noting because we shit on just about everyone.
So it's the wrong number?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up