ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we Talk About Nick Bolton for a Second?
comochiefsfan 08:35 AM 09-27-2022
He is an absolute stud.

I saw it every week at Mizzou but even I'll admit that I didn't think it would translate quite this well, this soon to the pro level.

I mean he looks like Bobby Wagner out there and has completely changed our defense at the second level.

He's light-years better than Hitch and this defense is one really good pass rusher away from having a chance to be dominant.

It's been a joy to watch him work so far this season. So glad he's a Chief.
[Reply]
notorious 08:38 AM 09-27-2022
He's awesome.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:39 AM 09-27-2022
Yes he is!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:40 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He's light-years better than Hitch
Good time to remind everyone that Hitchens is out of the league at the moment.

So we essentially went from having a guy off the Street to a possible Pro Bowler at the position.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:41 AM 09-27-2022
He's a beast. Paired with Gay, Harris and Chenal. Wow we got some beasts at LB and they're young.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:43 AM 09-27-2022
Love the guy so damn much. Only custom jersey I've ever ordered (back when you couldn't find a Bolton jersey).

I thought he was a 1st round talent but I'm always reluctant to say anyone will be a perennial pro bowler. That sure seems to be Bolton's ceiling right now.

If Mizzou fans hate a guy - don't give that much thought. We hate most of our players. But if we love a player, that's probably worth noting because we shit on just about everyone.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:43 AM 09-27-2022
That 4th down stop he made was pretty impressive.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:43 AM 09-27-2022
Yeah, he's amazing. So fun to watch play and you just know he's gonna smoke somebody at least once a game.
[Reply]
notorious 08:44 AM 09-27-2022
His instincts are off the charts. He's like computer AI that knows where the play is going in a video game.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:47 AM 09-27-2022
And if he gets a hand on somebody they're going down. There's no missed tackles coming from him and he's not getting dragged down the field for extra yards either.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:54 AM 09-27-2022
Our linebackers, secondary and interior d-line all appear pretty stacked. We just need 1 or 2 more edge rushers to go along with Karlaftis and we'll be set to have a top 10 defense.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:56 AM 09-27-2022
He may have the chance to be the best ILB I’ve seen in a Chiefs uniform. He’s an elite tackler, he’s smart as hell, he’s strong. Damn

He’s also gotten a lot better in coverage. He also looks a bit faster this year. He’s not Willie Gay athletic but he’s more than good enough
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:59 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Our linebackers, secondary and interior d-line all appear pretty stacked. We just need 1 or 2 more edge rushers to go along with Karlaftis and we'll be set to have a top 10 defense.
The defense has been spectacular this season.

If the offense can get it figured out then we're going to be just fine.

That's partially why I'm not too worried after Sunday.

We'll get Butker back, I trust Mahomes and Andy to get the offense figured out.

But now I know we have a damn good defense.

This team is fine. And may be better than fine once we get rolling.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:01 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The past few years a running back like Taylor would've completely gashed us.

The fact that we were able to shut him down for the most part is so encouraging to me.

Our linebackers used to be a disaster and now they're arguably the strength of the defense.

We are not nearly the sieve against the run that we've been in recent seasons.
[Reply]
scho63 09:03 AM 09-27-2022
Even the non-KC talking heads talked about his stop of Taylor with his hands at the line.

He basically bench pressed him backwards. Fucking incredible.

I would love if our D could get pressure like the Cowboys did last night.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up