ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Ian Watch
cmh6476 06:29 PM 09-26-2022
Bucs heading to Miami to practice this week.

https://www.kshb.com/sports/hurrican...s-game-to-move
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:51 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Slight shift in course overnight now has Ian hitting me dead square about 4 a.m. Thursday.

Good news is there's time for that to change. These storms almost always wobble and shift at the end. Still gonna get thumped, though.
They're saying that it's expected to basically stall right over us which isn't great. Lots of wind and rain for a couple of days. Thankfully I'm not in a flood zone, but I'm still worried. Going to make final preps today, then hunker down. Stay safe.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:56 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
They're saying that it's expected to basically stall right over us which isn't great. Lots of wind and rain for a couple of days. Thankfully I'm not in a flood zone, but I'm still worried. Going to make final preps today, then hunker down. Stay safe.
Stay safe my brother. Gonna be a rough next few days.
[Reply]
Spott 06:13 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Tampa Bay or Punta Gorda?
IIRC, Charley was headed to Tampa and then abruptly cut inland around Punta Gorda/Pt Charlotte. That was a crazy year or so for hurricanes and Pensacola even got a couple of them.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:33 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Same to you. I'm in an Evacuation Zone C in Manatee County, so far only A has been mandatory here. Not really worried about water, but a direct hit of those winds could do some damage.

Worst part is losing power. We lost power for three days when we lived in DeLand when a hurricane brushed against us, and I almost reverted to Lord of the Flies. I've since bought a portable generator, so we'll see if that keeps me sane.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:45 AM 09-27-2022
Same to you. I'm in an Evacuation Zone C in Manatee County, so far only A has been mandatory here. Not really worried about water, but a direct hit of those winds could do some damage.

Worst part is losing power. We lost power for three days when we lived in DeLand when a hurricane brushed against us, and I almost reverted to Lord of the Flies. I've since bought a portable generator, so we'll see if that keeps me sane.
The generator is a game changer. The last time we lost power, we could at least make coffee, plug the fridge and freezer in every couple hours run a fan and have tv. No AC sucks, but other than that we were pretty comfortable
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:05 AM 09-27-2022
We’re a bit away, but if they need help reach out. I have some friends in the Sarasota area.
Thanks, much appreciated. More family in Miami and the Sarasota branch of the family is going to evacuate and stay with them until it ends. Stay safe!
[Reply]
jallmon 08:00 AM 09-27-2022
Good luck and be safe! (You may want to consider parking your car facing into the wind.)
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:02 AM 09-27-2022
Wow, yeah we are close. Definitely man, thank you. Same, if you need anything, we have a new roof and block house.
Just left the Lowes in Clearwater and it’s a wild house. People filing out of there by the dozens with plywood and sand. If you need some, grab it quick!
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:04 AM 09-27-2022
Slight shift in course overnight now has Ian hitting me dead square about 4 a.m. Thursday.

Good news is there's time for that to change. These storms almost always wobble and shift at the end. Still gonna get thumped, though.
Are you in Pinellas County as well?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:11 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by JustRyan:
Just left the Lowes in Clearwater and it’s a wild house. People filing out of there by the dozens with plywood and sand. If you need some, grab it quick!
Yeah I just got home from Home Depot on Gulf to Bay. Gif the 2 sheets I needed. Are you boarded up, or do you need help? I’ve gotta finish boarding mine, and then do my neighbors, but I’ll gladly come help you if you need it. Ive got tools.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:14 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by JustRyan:
I was gonna message you, but for some reason it won’t show me the a way to message on your page. Message me if you want. I’ll give you ny number.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:14 AM 09-27-2022
Just talked to my stepdad and plans changed and he's riding it out in Siesta Key and not going to Miami. Says he thinks it's going to hit closer to Ft. Myers which would be good for the storm surge situation in Sarasota. Not sure if it's the smartest thing to do, but he's pretty stubborn. Told me he couldn't get out at this point even if he wanted to. Yikes...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:17 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Just talked to my stepdad and plans changed and he's riding it out in Siesta Key and not going to Miami. Says he thinks it's going to hit closer to Ft. Myers which would be good for the storm surge situation in Sarasota. Not sure if it's the smartest thing to do, but he's pretty stubborn. Told me he couldn't get out at this point even if he wanted to. Yikes...
Wow, that’s a scary situation.
[Reply]
tk13 10:23 AM 09-27-2022
Soren is saying the game would be moved to Minnesota but they won't make the call until tomorrow.

Update on Chiefs-Bucs game: NFL is going to wait as long as possible to make a decision... most likely tomorrow. If the game is moved, I'm being told Minneapolis is preparing to host the game. https://t.co/PdNCOHBlEB

— Soren Petro (@SorenPetro) September 27, 2022

[Reply]
In58men 10:28 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Soren is saying the game would be moved to Minnesota but they won't make the call until tomorrow.

Awesome, I love playing on turf. Nothing ever happens.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up