ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Darius Harris Linebacker
Sofa King 02:53 PM 09-26-2022
13 Tackles, 7 solo, 1 TFL.

Hell of a game from the guy. I'll admit I wanted Chenal to start but Harris played well. He's a big guy but moved well.

Same with Khalen Saunders. Need him to play over Nnadi.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:03 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had the impression early on that the bad guys were targeting him. And it worked in the first quarter, but after that it didn't work.
This is accurate -- roughly 100% of the early runs came his way.

Chris Jones was so utterly dominant that rarely could they get a clear path to Harris, though. Saunders has developed nicely in both the run and the pass, by the way. We're all sleeping on that, but I think given that Nnadi simply isn't holding his ground as much anymore, you have to think about elevating Saunders.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:06 AM 09-27-2022
Saunders has looked so much better. Same with Thornhill.

I would consider paying them for what we’ve seen but is this just contract year production?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:20 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Top that off with Sorensen over Thornhill.

Spags is a stubborn mule. Kind of wish Reid would move on from him but he wont.
I think we need to be careful here.

I was no fan of Spags. Really did not care for the hire.

But man, that guy can coach the SHIT out of DBs. And his coverage schemes are really good and help cover for some limited talent here and there.

Right now Spags is having a major positive impact on our salary cap because he's allowing us to allocate minimal resources to the DB room and get significant contributions. Meanwhile we have Cullen dedicated to the DL and the LBs are freakin' outstanding.

I mean - what's to complain about with Spags at the moment? Is he stubborn? Yeah - and the next guy will be as well. That's the NFL. But does he have a MAJOR strength that dovetails really well with what this team needs from its defensive coaching staff? Absolutely.

I like him. I don't love him or anything, but he's won me over. He makes these defensive backfields far greater than the sum of their investment.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think we need to be careful here.

I was no fan of Spags. Really did not care for the hire.

But man, that guy can coach the SHIT out of DBs. And his coverage schemes are really good and help cover for some limited talent here and there.

Right now Spags is having a major positive impact on our salary cap because he's allowing us to allocate minimal resources to the DB room and get significant contributions. Meanwhile we have Cullen dedicated to the DL and the LBs are freakin' outstanding.

I mean - what's to complain about with Spags at the moment? Is he stubborn? Yeah - and the next guy will be as well. That's the NFL. But does he have a MAJOR strength that dovetails really well with what this team needs from its defensive coaching staff? Absolutely.

I like him. I don't love him or anything, but he's won me over. He makes these defensive backfields far greater than the sum of their investment.
No joke man. Joe Cullen has been a revelation for us. Drafting Karlaftis looks like a goddamn steal and it speaks volumes how much better Saunders and Danna have looked.

These guys are old. They aren’t getting HC jobs anymore. And that’s great for us.

Defense just needs a little more juice up front. If they can get another edge rusher then we are really set up nicely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 09-27-2022
Thornhill had trouble getting snaps because he still wasn't fully healthy. Just look at him now, flying all over the field. They weren't being stubborn, they were being careful.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
No joke man. Joe Cullen has been a revelation for us. Drafting Karlaftis looks like a goddamn steal and it speaks volumes how much better Saunders and Danna have looked.

These guys are old. They aren’t getting HC jobs anymore. And that’s great for us.

Defense just needs a little more juice up front. If they can get another edge rusher then we are really set up nicely.
Cullen could get a look at DC somewhere but yeah - his HC Candidate days are likely behind him.

Teams love hiring young guys at OC but it seems like they're all about finding some old crusty ass-kickers to be DCs, especially when they have a young offensive minded HC.

Cullen could get sniped but shit man - keep him for 2 years to develop Karlaftis and the inevitable Clark replacement and you've gotten lasting contributions from him even after he leaves.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:03 AM 09-27-2022
I have to wonder if it's Saunders or Cullen. Jones has seemed better too.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:15 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saunders has looked so much better. Same with Thornhill.

I would consider paying them for what we’ve seen but is this just contract year production?
I almost think you have to pay them, otherwise you're just trying to fill their roles in addition to wasting 4 years developing them. Thornhill was great as a rookie and basically just had 2 wasted years because of injury, so I don't worry about him just playing for a deal. Saunders was just so raw I think he's just finally getting it with Cullen helping him along. I don't get the vibe either of them is just a Dee Ford type and playing for one big payday.

If they keep playing the way they are, you have to keep them as long as they don't get unrealistic with their demands.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:14 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I have to wonder if it's Saunders or Cullen. Jones has seemed better too.
Jones has been wrecking shit so far. He played very well in LA and Indy
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:57 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Jones has been wrecking shit so far. He played very well in LA and Indy
It makes me wonder if having Cullen vs Daly is a bigger deal than we thought.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:40 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
It makes me wonder if having Cullen vs Daly is a bigger deal than we thought.
It can be, I forget his name but there is a O-Line coach who has made the rounds and he make a HUGE difference with every team hes been on.

Callahan?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:43 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It can be, I forget his name but there is a O-Line coach who has made the rounds and he make a HUGE difference with every team hes been on.

Callahan?
Bill? Yeah, Bill Callahan has had an awfully nice career.

Munchak has always been highly regarded and most people seem to think Scarnecchia is the GOAT (but I've seen the difference a QB can make for his OL; the Dave Kreig/Joe Montana comparison is always my go-to for that one).

D'Allesandris gets some good run.

There are some good ones out there but by many accounts Heck is among them. I'm not sure what the deal is.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:45 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bill? Yeah, Bill Callahan has had an awfully nice career.

Munchak has always been highly regarded and most people seem to think Scarnecchia is the GOAT (but I've seen the difference a QB can make for his OL; the Dave Kreig/Joe Montana comparison is always my go-to for that one).

D'Allesandris gets some good run.

There are some good ones out there but by many accounts Heck is among them. I'm not sure what the deal is.
We all knew Wylie was the weak link to start, Smith is apparently hurt and Brown missed almost the whole offseason program. I really think they'll get it together.
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:45 AM 10-12-2022
This guy is still good. He's a big looking dude. Chenal looks like a Niemann clone size wise and gets swallowed by blockers, this dude doesn't. I might have to put my Chenal hype on hold until he has a couple seasons of the weight room.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:14 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
This guy is still good. He's a big looking dude. Chenal looks like a Niemann clone size wise and gets swallowed by blockers, this dude doesn't. I might have to put my Chenal hype on hold until he has a couple seasons of the weight room.
Uh... if you insist.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up