ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Darius Harris Linebacker
Sofa King 02:53 PM 09-26-2022
13 Tackles, 7 solo, 1 TFL.

Hell of a game from the guy. I'll admit I wanted Chenal to start but Harris played well. He's a big guy but moved well.

Same with Khalen Saunders. Need him to play over Nnadi.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:53 PM 09-26-2022
Noted
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:57 PM 09-26-2022
Is it me or did they beef up Saunders quite a bit this year?

I remember him looking kind of like a Chris Jones weight when he was in his 1st-2nd year. If he gained (good) weight or more bulk, they probably saw he had skills and talent to eat up blockers and still hold the point but wasn't knifing through or getting interior rush like Jones.

If I'm just making up crap and I'm completely wrong, then ignore everything.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:00 PM 09-26-2022
I noticed him in preseason to. There was a series he shut down
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:03 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I noticed him in preseason to. There was a series he shut down
Yeah, I told TwistedChief after the 3rd preseason game that I thought this was the most talented LB group we've had since the 90's probably.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:08 PM 09-26-2022
How the fuck did Niemann get playing time last year?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:25 PM 09-26-2022
I’m starting to wonder if we’re hitting that Jim Johnson scheme where we can churn and burn linebackers. I remember the days of Shawn barber and Jeremiah trotter where those guys shined in Philly and fizzled elsewhere.

I feel like spags can keep our defense affordable by using high picks on DBs, mid to low on LBs. And find a bunch of hidden gems. Spend the bulk of your attention and $s on DL.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:17 PM 09-26-2022
He blew the coverage that gave the Colts their first TD, but other than that, he was everywhere.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:17 PM 09-26-2022
He also gave up the first TD where he had no idea what was going on
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:21 PM 09-26-2022
Thought Harris played really well. And Saunders. Our run defense is light years better than it's been in recent history.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:23 PM 09-26-2022
I had the impression early on that the bad guys were targeting him. And it worked in the first quarter, but after that it didn't work.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:27 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Is it me or did they beef up Saunders quite a bit this year?

I remember him looking kind of like a Chris Jones weight when he was in his 1st-2nd year. If he gained (good) weight or more bulk, they probably saw he had skills and talent to eat up blockers and still hold the point but wasn't knifing through or getting interior rush like Jones.

If I'm just making up crap and I'm completely wrong, then ignore everything.
I seem to remember him always being built like a barrel. Maybe he's a larger barrel now, but it doesn't seem like he's lost any quickness at all. Wasn't he the dude who was doing the backflips around the time he got drafted?

There was one play in (I think) the third quarter where Jonathan Taylor got a really quick start off of the right guard, and the blocking was such where I thought it was going to be a long run. But Saunders suddenly flew in on Taylor's left and pulled him down for a very short gain. I was impressed that he got to Taylor so quickly, and also impressed that he had the strength to pull Taylor down from the side.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:11 PM 09-26-2022
Harris had some big hits
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:54 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I told TwistedChief after the 3rd preseason game that I thought this was the most talented LB group we've had since the 90's probably.
I only remember your telling me that Frank Clark had turned the corner and would break Strahan’s sack record.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:57 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I only remember your telling me that Frank Clark had turned the corner and would break Strahan’s sack record.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up