ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Colts loss is on GM Bart Veatch
Prison Bitch 11:11 AM 09-26-2022
9/12: Veatch signs PK Matt Amendola.
9/13: Colts sign PK Chase McLaughlin

9/25: Amendola misses xp and 34 yd FG. McLaughlin makes both XP and both FG (43, 51yd). Colts win by 3.

Scouting failure, correct?
[Reply]
JPH83 02:27 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They brought in 5 kickers and had a kicking competition and Amendola won it. How is that a scouting failure?
I mean I don't know if his record was worse than others, but presumably picking the guy with the best record in the NFL is a better approach than a 6 way competition?
[Reply]
JPH83 02:28 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
At the time, the MEH pick seemed like a homerun. Most fans and so-called experts alike thought he was the "perfect fit" for KC. Even Mahomes thought so. Nobody knew he'd turn into Stephen Hawking immediately after being drafted.
Just don't take a RB in the first round.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:30 PM 09-26-2022
On Veach? I didn't realize he played. The loss is on the players.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:25 PM 09-26-2022
Never notice how the arm chair GM's won't eat shit for their stupid ass opinions, like losing their shit for not taking Patrick Queen? Nearly dead last for ILB's Queen.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:45 PM 09-26-2022
You know very little about football, JFC
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:22 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I mean I don't know if his record was worse than others, but presumably picking the guy with the best record in the NFL is a better approach than a 6 way competition?
Every kicker that was tried out was available for a reason so prior “record” isn’t really as meaningful as winning a competition which in itself I think would involve a lot of pressure.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:16 AM 09-27-2022
Every kicker that was tried out was available for a reason so prior “record” isn’t really as meaningful as winning a competition which in itself I think would involve a lot of pressure.
Yeah sure, none of them are going be Tucker-esque, we're talking degrees. I'd just expect past NFL experience to be a better indication than a random behind doors contest. But as you say, we're not picking up a sure thing either way.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:45 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah sure, none of them are going be Tucker-esque, we're talking degrees. I'd just expect past NFL experience to be a better indication than a random behind doors contest. But as you say, we're not picking up a sure thing either way.
Kickers are just a wild card no matter what unless they are in their prime.

To put it into perspective, we poached Butker off the Panthers practice squad in 2017 when Santos got hurt. No prior NFL experience.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:15 PM 09-27-2022
If only we had a GM who had an eye for replacement kickers, the future would look so much brighter.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:20 PM 09-27-2022
We've won many close games off of stellar ST performances. Yesterday was the opposite. Missed FG, turnover on downs, and a fumble on the five yard line. Funny to think it took all that and still Patrick nearly got the kicker on the field to try to send it into OT. I mean he woulda missed but it's worth noting.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:22 PM 09-27-2022
Really would like Andy asked why he picked the wrong kicker. Obv he will garble his way thru it but honestly, he knows the guy on the other sideline did him in.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:26 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
We've won many close games off of stellar ST performances. Yesterday was the opposite. Missed FG, turnover on downs, and a fumble on the five yard line. Funny to think it took all that and still Patrick nearly got the kicker on the field to try to send it into OT. I mean he woulda missed but it's worth noting.
Plus a missed XP, a couple more shitty returns, and mediocre kick coverage. They did nothing right, outside of a good punt or two.
[Reply]
jettio 12:45 PM 09-27-2022
Butker was on Panthers practice squad who kept Graham Gano, IIRC, and Chiefs signed him when Cairo Santos was hurt.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:59 PM 09-27-2022
Kickers are just a wild card no matter what unless they are in their prime.

To put it into perspective, we poached Butker off the Panthers practice squad in 2017 when Santos got hurt. No prior NFL experience.
Yeah that's a fair cop, didn't even need a 5 person tryout for him! Come to think of it everyone seems to do this s**t with multiple kickers vying for the job, the only difference is this is mid-season through necessity and not pre-sesson.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:02 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Plus a missed XP, a couple more shitty returns, and mediocre kick coverage. They did nothing right, outside of a good punt or two.
Yes, but Kelce got that point back so I didn't count it. However, it does have an emotional effect.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up