ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The NFL is becoming a bit of a joke....
petegz28 09:45 PM 09-25-2022
All this technology to collect stats, provide a great at-home experience, even tell you what the percentage of a catch was, etc., and we still can't get a face mask that everyone watching the game can see?

I am just going to that because it contrasts with a team that is 4th and 15 getting a the ball handed to them with a 1st down because someone said something? And they weren't even arguing. It isn't like Jones went face mask to face mask. But it is like Mahomes had his face mask yanked and the 100 Refs watching the game couldn't see that?

Or the DPI on Kelce in the end zone? Defender all up in him and not even close to turning his head?

Now take this back to 2 years ago when Tom Brady proceeded to chase one of our players across the field, get in his face and yell at him and our player gets the penalty? In the same game we get called for DPI when Brady threw a ball 10 rows into the stands?

Now, I am not saying this happens to just the Chiefs. We have seen this kind of crap happen all over. I could understand the Jones call better if he was getting into Ryan's face or bumping him, etc. These are professional athletes and grown men playing a violent game and you literally handed a team that should have lost, a second chance because of words being exchanged in a very non-confrontational manner?

Makes the game hard to watch when that kind of shit happens. And it seems to always be that the Refs are oblivious to calls everyone else can see yet can make calls everyone else says "what are you calling?"

/rant off
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:58 PM 09-27-2022
My absolute favorite takes in any thread are "If you don't agree with me you're stupid or naïve" . That's always an overwhelming theme in the "corruption" threads. Brilliant argument.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:59 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
It's ridiculous. Officials in the NFL have way too much power. At least in baseball if you hit a game winning home run the umpire can't say "Sorry it doesn't count." Unless you are George Brett. Rule changes need to be made so penalties are less severe. Not just the Chiefs on Sunday it happens all the time. I think head coaches need to start going ballistic and getting ejected from games over these ticky tack calls in key moments, maybe that would lead to some rule changes.
They can’t take away a home run but the pitchers are ordered when to groove fastballs and give up the game winning runs so it doesn’t matter what you do on offense. The umps also fix the strike zone as well.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:08 PM 09-27-2022
When they pump up a 45 year old in the media constantly it's boring. Years of Brady is old and tired. He's definitely on peds. Thats obvious.
[Reply]
the steam 05:14 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
They can’t take away a home run but the pitchers are ordered when to groove fastballs and give up the game winning runs so it doesn’t matter what you do on offense. The umps also fix the strike zone as well.
Maybe but if you have bases loaded bottom 9 and the batter pops out the umpire can't just say "doesn't count, you have to stop them again" like they do in football.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:20 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
Maybe but if you have bases loaded bottom 9 and the batter pops out the umpire can't just say "doesn't count, you have to stop them again" like they do in football.
True that’s why he won’t get the game winning hit. Every single sport is rigged down to the last detail. If they tell a hitter to stand down he will stand down or lose his career.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:28 PM 09-27-2022
True that’s why he won’t get the game winning hit. Every single sport is rigged down to the last detail. If they tell a hitter to stand down he will stand down or lose his career.
Why has no one ever blown this huge conspiracy wide open?
[Reply]
Pablo 05:30 PM 09-27-2022
If I were you pete, I'd stop watching the shit altogether. And definitely stop posting on a NFL team message board. Show the world! We believe in you!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:35 PM 09-27-2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:04 PM 09-27-2022
Abusive Language.

I wonder what Dick Butkus thinks about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:34 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Henry Hill said himself that he used to threaten athletes if they didn’t throw a game or shave points.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:13 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
We’re going to see some shit that the refs miss.
Yeah...I saw Derwin James bodyslamming Travis Kelce.

The refs must've missed it, because they didn't throw a flag...but it's still illegal, because Derwin James got fined.

The part that kinda has me perplexed is...Travis Kelce was the fucking BALLCARRIER and the play was whistled dead when he hit the ground...yet they missed the bodyslam part?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:23 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They have. There are threads about it.

Fuck, Dwight Smith outright said so, Bubba Smith, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Dick Butkus and others have. Both Brian Flores and Hue Jackson have recently said that losing was "incentivized" ie they were paid to throw games.

Who's going to report it? ESPN? NBC? CBS? The NFL Network? Sports Illustrated?

Shit. The NFL is their goddamn golden goose.

For sheer numbers in relation to viewership and how valuable the NFL is, out of the 10 most watched TV shows last year, 7 of them were NFL games. THAT is how big the NFL is.

That's not top 10 sporting events, either. That's the top 10 TV shows. The NFL is the biggest thing on TV, period, and it's not even close. It's entertainment. It's literally gone Hollywood.

So it doesn't really matter that several players and coaches have admitted it, no one has "blown that conspiracy wide open" because they're all making so goddamn much money.

Everyone.

The owners.
The advertisers.
The TV networks.
Bud Light sells so much beer in these stadiums...

Who the fuck wants to be the one to kill the golden goose?

But trust me - nothing with that much money involved is left entirely up to chance.

When you factor in that the NFL is legally allowed to manipulate their onfield product "for entertainment purposes only", well...

Some people don't want to admit it. Some people have cognitive dissonance and won't allow themselves to see it.

And others go "if it's so scripted and manipulated, why even watch?"

Same reason people watch movies and Ozark and Yellowstone. Jason Bateman isn't married to the actress who plays Wendy Byrde and they probably aren't drug dealers. It's scripted entertainment.

Fuck, are you not entertained? The NFL is just a giant soap opera for males...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:37 PM 09-27-2022
Henry Hill said himself that he used to threaten athletes if they didn’t throw a game or shave points.
I doubt that's how it works in 2022. It's a lot more organized than that rouge shit, but you'd have a hard time convincing me that the Chiefs didn't throw the AFC Championship vs the Bengals last year.

The reason they couldn't kick that field goal at the end of the 1st half is if they did, there's no mathematical way they could've had a Cincy comeback + overtime without going over the spread and costing Vegas a SHITTON of money.

The Chiefs had to go dark, and they also had to lose.

You really want me to believe some bullshit about Mahomes not knowing what down it was or how many timeouts he had left? Come the fuck on...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:44 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Chris Jones fucked up in a key moment.
They were jawing at each other. Such a bullshit flag, and I know that honestly it shouldn't have come down to that one thing. Make those kicks Dicksmmack missed and it's a moot point...but the egregiousness of the call is magnified via the fact that Chiefs lost the game.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:49 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Pete complaining about officiating? Who woulda thunk it?
^missed the face mask.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up