ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The NFL is becoming a bit of a joke....
petegz28 09:45 PM 09-25-2022
All this technology to collect stats, provide a great at-home experience, even tell you what the percentage of a catch was, etc., and we still can't get a face mask that everyone watching the game can see?

I am just going to that because it contrasts with a team that is 4th and 15 getting a the ball handed to them with a 1st down because someone said something? And they weren't even arguing. It isn't like Jones went face mask to face mask. But it is like Mahomes had his face mask yanked and the 100 Refs watching the game couldn't see that?

Or the DPI on Kelce in the end zone? Defender all up in him and not even close to turning his head?

Now take this back to 2 years ago when Tom Brady proceeded to chase one of our players across the field, get in his face and yell at him and our player gets the penalty? In the same game we get called for DPI when Brady threw a ball 10 rows into the stands?

Now, I am not saying this happens to just the Chiefs. We have seen this kind of crap happen all over. I could understand the Jones call better if he was getting into Ryan's face or bumping him, etc. These are professional athletes and grown men playing a violent game and you literally handed a team that should have lost, a second chance because of words being exchanged in a very non-confrontational manner?

Makes the game hard to watch when that kind of shit happens. And it seems to always be that the Refs are oblivious to calls everyone else can see yet can make calls everyone else says "what are you calling?"

/rant off
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:48 PM 09-25-2022
Pete complaining about officiating? Who woulda thunk it?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:56 PM 09-25-2022
There are 12 to 20 cameras in relatively peaceful places at an NFL game. Then there are seven middle age guys with whistles trying not to get killed by the any of the 22 athletes flying around them injuring each other. We’re going to see some shit that the refs miss.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:57 PM 09-25-2022
The league is a joke. If I wasn't such a born and raised diehard Chiefs fan I'd have turned this stupid shit off years ago. The players can't even celebrate a good play anymore because they're always looking around for a flag.

The Colts won a game today because of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty but every play I see DPI, holding, tripping, false starts, offsides, and pick plays that aren't called and occur right in front of the referees faces. Not to mention the other plays that could be called "unsportsmanlike". An entire team can run screaming like toddlers to one end zone to pose for a photo but god forbid don't utter anything that could be taken as mean spirited or we'll give the team you just stopped 15 yards and an auto 1st down in the most critical time of the game.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:58 PM 09-25-2022
We really needed a thread for this huh…

There’s plenty of “IT’S RIGGED HURRRRRR” nonsense on this board, post in one of those stupid threads.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:59 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
There are 12 to 20 cameras in relatively peaceful places at an NFL game. Then there are seven middle age guys with whistles trying not to get killed by the any of the 22 athletes flying around them injuring each other. We’re going to see some shit that the refs miss.
The announcers are watching the game and saw it. Sorry but how do you miss a face mask on a QB? Or a DPI right in front of you? Shit happens too much.

You have a Ref that is pretty much there to watch the QB. They didn't miss the hold they called on the same play in a scrum of players but somehow missed a blatant face mask on a QB.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:00 PM 09-25-2022
I remember years ago when Jamaal Charles got concussion protocoled out of our game vs the colts which completely fucked us

Today Tua looked like an extra from the Micheal Jackson Thriller video after hitting his head on the turf but yet he was allowed to come back in the second half

The inconsistencies in officiating are really fucked across games
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:02 PM 09-25-2022

This is what happened to Tua Tagovailoa after his head hit the turf hard. Not sure how you let him back in.

(�� @EmmanuelAcho)pic.twitter.com/OiAJwaN5RI

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
petegz28 10:03 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Oh wait until next Sunday night when we have to face Brady after he lost.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:05 PM 09-25-2022
Becoming? The alleged GOAT Tom Brady's entire career has been propped up by refereeing. His most recent and hopefully last SB win came in a game where he the Bucs literally got every call over the Chiefs in the first half (https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/2/...-tyran-matheiu). There's nothing new about any of this.

For better or worse, it is the NFL.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:07 PM 09-25-2022
I remember years ago when Jamaal Charles got concussion protocoled out of our game vs the colts which completely fucked us

Today Tua looked like an extra from the Micheal Jackson Thriller video after hitting his head on the turf but yet he was allowed to come back in the second half

Mahomes was wobbly for a second when getting up against the Browns in the playoffs and had to sit out the rest of the game
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:10 PM 09-25-2022

They let Russell Wilson go back on the field after he avoided going in the tent when he was in Seattle.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:53 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Now take this back to 2 years ago when Tom Brady proceeded to chase one of our players across the field, get in his face and yell at him and our player gets the penalty? In the same game we get called for DPI when Brady threw a ball 10 rows into the stands?
Was that the same game Chris Jones got flagged for illegal contact when he almost touched Tom Brady?
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:58 AM 09-26-2022
Losers whine about injuries and Refs like the Chargers we are above this shit. Play better fundamental football, better special teams, run the ball better, dont give away penalties on 4th down in the 4th quarter, execute in the redzone, dont run fake fgs list goes on and on.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:28 AM 09-26-2022
OP is a whole bitch
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up