ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 33
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buccaneers
carcosa 04:51 PM 09-25-2022
They've looked pretty pedestrian all season, at least on offense. I guess Tom Brady's tummy is still fucked up from the strawberry he accidentally ate. Still, gonna need a good week of practice from our offense and special teams to fix what went wrong today. Discus
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:30 PM 09-26-2022
it's always darkest before the dawn with andy and patrick

no one gave us a chance to win shit with matt moore
[Reply]
carcosa 12:37 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The season is still young. A loss wouldn't kill us, but another loss where our offensive line gets gang raped and it'll be time for us to accept the reality that we won't be in the AFC Championship game this year.
That's not what "reality" means
[Reply]
Eureka 12:41 PM 09-26-2022
Brady isn't great when his receivers are sidelined. Julio and Evans coming back this week.

Chiefs are going to struggle against this defense but they should come out with the win.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:43 PM 09-26-2022
The Bucs are going to be a good challenge for this team. Beatable, but it's an uphill challenge with the problems the Chiefs have right now.

First off, the Bucs are going to do what every Tom Brady team does, and that's triple team Chris Jones. Can the Chiefs germinate a rush anywhere else? He's as close to unblitzable as it gets. This would be a good game to just get the snaps you need out of Dunlap and Karlaftis and rotate Clark in, assuming Danna isn't ready. You just need to punish them for throwing all their resources at Jones, which we simply haven't done enough.

This secondary is going to have their hands full with their receiving corps. This is the best WR corps the Chiefs have faced so far, and Evans and Godwin will absolutely punish the young CBs we have if we can't harass Brady. That's not a slight against our secondary, I don't think: the best WR we've faced so far is Mike Williams, who had a hell of a game making circus catches while being blanketed. Mike Evans can do the exact same thing. And Chris Godwin is going to demand bracket coverage, I think. He's the one I think can break this game open for the Bucs if he gets loose.

I like how the front seven played the run against the Colts, so I hope they're dialed up to clamp down Fournette. I just think a lot of what the Bucs do well gets undone if the Chiefs can apply pressure off the edge, supplementing a triple-teamed Chris Jones. If they can do that, and cover Fournette well out of the backfield, you can take a lot of their game away. But if Brady can breathe, it's going to be a long day.

I imagine the Chiefs will not be very successful running the ball. We haven't shown the ability this year to wash Vita Vea out of the way, and I don't think that will start this week. Can our tackles hold up against the speed of Shaquille Barrett? Everybody else can make plays and stunt our offense, but Barrett's the one who can break the game open. He's a bad matchup for our tackles.

I have to imagine Kelce still remember Lavonte David blanketing him in the Super Bowl, and is starving to roast him in coverage, so a 7-catch, 90-yard game with a TD or two wouldn't shock me. And this team is going to need that production bad, because our WRs are going to have a lot of trouble getting open against one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Sean Murphy-Bunting and Antoine Winfield smother the slot, and Davis and Dean on the outside can last on the island. And Devon White is still quarterbacking this machine at the Mike.

I expect the Chiefs to bounce back and play their hearts out against their Super Bowl foils and to rebound against a garbage performance in Indy. But I just think the Bucs have more answers than us right now. I see them putting us down by at least a TD.
[Reply]
TEX 12:49 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by :
Can our tackles hold up against the speed of Shaquille Barrett?
No way in hell. Both our Tackles are terrible.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:53 PM 09-26-2022
I hate the Fuccenqueers, but I expect they'll have forcible intimate contact with Mahomes' anus several times.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:56 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Why would the Bucs look past Aaron Rodgers?
Who do you think Brady wants to beat more?
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:56 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
No way in hell. Both our Tackles are terrible.
It's possible, though, right? Say Reid chips Barrett on the regular, Mahomes is attuned to him and manipulate the pocket to keep him neutered...

If they can't hold up against the other rushers, then you're in a Bosa/Mack world of trouble. Even if they do, I don't know where exactly on this defense Mahomes is even supposed to attack.

Where is the obvious weakness on this defense? Lloyd is a Top 3 Mike. Their secondary is fantastic. Lavonte David is old but played great coverage on Kelce in the Super Bowl. And this team is not running the ball on Vea.

I think this team is going to play their tails off, but I think they're outclassed right now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:58 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The Bucs are going to be a good challenge for this team. Beatable, but it's an uphill challenge with the problems the Chiefs have right now.

First off, the Bucs are going to do what every Tom Brady team does, and that's triple team Chris Jones. Can the Chiefs germinate a rush anywhere else? He's as close to unblitzable as it gets. This would be a good game to just get the snaps you need out of Dunlap and Karlaftis and rotate Clark in, assuming Danna isn't ready. You just need to punish them for throwing all their resources at Jones, which we simply haven't done enough.

This secondary is going to have their hands full with their receiving corps. This is the best WR corps the Chiefs have faced so far, and Evans and Godwin will absolutely punish the young CBs we have if we can't harass Brady. That's not a slight against our secondary, I don't think: the best WR we've faced so far is Mike Williams, who had a hell of a game making circus catches while being blanketed. Mike Evans can do the exact same thing. And Chris Godwin is going to demand bracket coverage, I think. He's the one I think can break this game open for the Bucs if he gets loose.

I like how the front seven played the run against the Colts, so I hope they're dialed up to clamp down Fournette. I just think a lot of what the Bucs do well gets undone if the Chiefs can apply pressure off the edge, supplementing a triple-teamed Chris Jones. If they can do that, and cover Fournette well out of the backfield, you can take a lot of their game away. But if Brady can breathe, it's going to be a long day.

I imagine the Chiefs will not be very successful running the ball. We haven't shown the ability this year to wash Vita Vea out of the way, and I don't think that will start this week. Can our tackles hold up against the speed of Shaquille Barrett? Everybody else can make plays and stunt our offense, but Barrett's the one who can break the game open. He's a bad matchup for our tackles.

I have to imagine Kelce still remember Lavonte David blanketing him in the Super Bowl, and is starving to roast him in coverage, so a 7-catch, 90-yard game with a TD or two wouldn't shock me. And this team is going to need that production bad, because our WRs are going to have a lot of trouble getting open against one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Sean Murphy-Bunting and Antoine Winfield smother the slot, and Davis and Dean on the outside can last on the island. And Devon White is still quarterbacking this machine at the Mike.

I expect the Chiefs to bounce back and play their hearts out against their Super Bowl foils and to rebound against a garbage performance in Indy. But I just think the Bucs have more answers than us right now. I see them putting us down by at least a TD.
look at this BETA BITCH post

the bucs have THREE TOUCHDOWNS FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON

we don't need to be scared of these cunts, they should be scared OF US

we're going to POUND TOMMY THE BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:01 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the bucs have THREE TOUCHDOWNS FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON
The Chiefs D isn't going to get taken to the woodshed here. I don't think I'm arguing that.

I look at the talent, and I just see a talent equation which leads to the Bucs having more answers for what we do compared to the Chiefs answers for what the Bucs do.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:18 PM 09-26-2022
Bill Barnwell:

Brady was stuck in third-and-long for most of the day because the Bucs couldn't run the ball. Leonard Fournette's 12 carries gained 35 yards. His longest run went for 6 yards. This came against a Packers team that just allowed the Bears to run for 180 yards on 27 carries. Admittedly, the threat of Chicago quarterback Justin Fields as a runner is far different from the less mobile Brady, but the Bears don't have an excellent line and still managed to run the ball effectively against Green Bay in Week 2.

What's concerning is these aren't one-week problems. The Packers did a great job on defense Sunday, but the Bucs rank 27th in third-down conversion rate on offense through three games. They've made just five trips to the red zone, which ranks last among the 30 teams that have played three games. The only team with fewer red zone touchdowns is the Broncos.

The running game, likewise, has been bottom of the barrel. The Bucs have generated minus-0.3 EPA per rush attempt this season, which ranks last. Their 33.8% success rate on rush attempts is 29th. Fournette & Co. rank 29th in yards per carry and have been stuffed for no gain or a loss on 28.6% of their attempts, which also ranks 29th.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the NFL's Next Gen Stats model pins this more on the offensive line than it does on Fournette. It projects an average back behind the same blocking would have gained only 4 more yards than Tampa's runners have across 70 tracked carries so far. Based on the blocking and defensive placement alone, the average Bucs run is expected to gain only 3.7 yards per carry, the third-worst mark in the league and ahead of only the 49ers and Ravens.

That line, of course, has been decimated by injuries. The only player from Brady's 2020-21 run who lined up in his original spot for the Packers game is right tackle Tristan Wirfs. Injuries and departures have them starting Patriots import Shaq Mason and inexperienced players Brandon Walton, Luke Goedeke and Robert Hainsey. Walton, an undrafted free agent out of Florida Atlantic, made his NFL debut last week after backup left tackle Josh Wells went down injured. This week, he made his first start while protecting the blind side of the greatest player in league history.

If the Bucs can't run the ball and can't convert third downs, they're limited to picking up big plays through the air. That strategy might work great when they have a full complement of receivers, but again, the Buccaneers are simply down to bare bones there. Mike Evans was suspended after his brawl with the Saints, while Chris Godwin and Julio Jones were both out injured. Russell Gage and Breshad Perriman played through injuries, while the Buccaneers activated Kyle Rudolph and signed Cole Beasley, who came in off the street to run choice routes for six snaps.

As a result, the Bucs were stuck living in quick game. Brady was 24-of-31 for 160 yards on plays in which he held the ball for 2.5 seconds or less, which was good for an 83.3 QBR but generated only 5.2 yards per attempt. He attempted just three deep passes, going 1-of-3 for 24 yards, with the completion to Perriman. Facing a stout Packers pass rush, it seemed clear the Bucs (or Brady himself) didn't trust the pass blocking to hold up. This was probably wise, but it didn't help their chances in Week 3.

All of this inexperience cost the Bucs on the final drive of the game. They nearly took a delay of game on their final series, only for Brady to hit Gage for a 1-yard touchdown. On the ensuing 2-point try, there was no escape. With no timeouts, they struggled to line up correctly. Brady changed the play with three seconds on the play clock, but the snap didn't come on time; while it looked like Fournette would have waltzed into the end zone on the handoff he took, the play was whistled dead. Forced to throw the ball from the 7-yard line, Brady's final pass of the game was knocked away by De'Vondre Campbell to curtail Tampa's comeback.

Let's get this out of the way before he gets mad: There's no issue here with Brady, who physically looks fine. His touchdown pass to Perriman against the Saints was a thing of beauty, a 51.2-yard throw dropped into a bucket from outside the left hash to the opposite corner of the end zone. There are no issues that would lead me to believe Brady is the problem with this offense.

This looks a lot more like the 2019 version of Brady than the one who excelled in 2020 and 2021, though, and that's because the players around him are a lot more like the guys who were lining up during his final season in New England. His playmakers during the second half of that run were either playing through injuries (Julian Edelman, Mohamed Sanu) or at the very beginning (Jakobi Meyers, N'Keal Harry) or end (Benjamin Watson) of their careers. His line was much better than the one Tampa has rolled out so far this season, but Brady has at least been able to enjoy Evans for most of the first two games of the season.

Unless Brady can somehow coax Rob Gronkowski out of retirement in time for Week 4, he's going to be faced with many of the same problems. Evans will return, which should help the receiving attack immensely, but his offensive line is in shambles. With Ali Marpet retired, Alex Cappa in Cincinnati, Wells on injured reserve and both Ryan Jensen and Aaron Stinnie expected to miss the entire season, the only lineman the Bucs can count on getting back soon is left tackle Donovan Smith.

The good news for the Buccaneers, at least in the short term, is that it might not matter. The NFC South doesn't appear to be a competitive division. The Falcons and Panthers got their first wins this week, but the Saints looked hopeless on offense for stretches against Carolina. They're a frantic comeback against the Falcons away from starting 0-3. Every other team in the division is 1-2, and the Buccaneers already have a divisional win. After the Chiefs game next Sunday, they get three straight against the Falcons, Steelers and Panthers, so they should be able to right the ship.

For a team with Super Bowl aspirations, though, winning the division isn't enough. The dramatic advantage given to the top seed in this 14-team playoff structure as the only team to get a bye makes finishing with the league's best record even more important than it was during Brady's Patriots days. Slipping up against the Packers won't sink Tampa Bay, but it could cost it a tiebreaker against another one of those teams everyone expects to be in the running come January.

I'm sure the Bucs want to bank as many wins as possible right now, but until they get some of their missing offensive personnel back on the field, this is a team relying on its defense to win games.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:20 PM 09-26-2022
i'm thinking we sack brady six or seven times and force at least 3 turnovers

our elite run defense will completely ruin their ground game

mahomes will dink and dunk his way to a two score lead and then an over the top shot to MVS seals the fucking deal

chris jones and frank clark run a train on giselle postgame
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:47 PM 09-26-2022
I wonder if this will impact the game

Uh oh! The latest American Model, the GFS model, just came out with a direct hit on Tampa Bay. Hurricane Ian will likely become a major hurricane tomorrow. This image, just out, shows a 1 PM landfall. Keep in mind the track is still quite uncertain. This fits the #LRC pic.twitter.com/h1GmvtF8gO

— Gary Lezak (@glezak) September 26, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:49 PM 09-26-2022
i hope it hits tom brady directly in the face
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:51 PM 09-26-2022
Imagine weathering a direct hit hurricane only to then have to endure Isiah Pacheco

Chiefs by 69
[Reply]
Page 6 of 33
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up