ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 38
« First < 253132333435 363738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:12 PM 09-27-2022
I just think....look, you're never going to turn Mahomes into Tom Brady. It's just not his DNA.

But defenses right now are forcing him to be patient, and take the underneath stuff and he's just not wanting to do it.

The reality is that they're going to make him prove he can win that way before they change.

I think it's obvious he CAN, but he'd rather go deep.

Yeah, well, take what's there and deep stuff will open up.

It's really just that simple.
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:29 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude I said it a few hours ago - that game on Sunday looked just like the team from last year. They've looked like this shit offense even WITH Tyreek Hill. I'm not here to argue about Hill - he's a generational player. Enough said.

But even with him, we had several games last year where teams locked him down and completely rat****ed our offense.

It's a little early in the season for this but I'm high as a kite and I've watched the All 22 like 6 times - the problem is Orlando Brown. It was Orlando Brown last year. Mahomes just isn't comfortable in the pocket, even when it's there.

Orlando Brown simply has to go after this season is over. Wish we could have gotten rid of him in the offseason now.
On his good days, he's a league average pass blocker. Whether it was his knee injury or not on Sunday, you can't have pass protection like that at LT and expect to score a lot of points.
[Reply]
srvy 06:41 PM 09-27-2022
This is what I fear for Patrick if our tackles don't improve in a hurry.

This is why DL coaches hate the spin move pic.twitter.com/zQKY97GzLr

— Tony Shiffman (@CoachShiffman) September 27, 2022

[Reply]
Marcellus 06:48 PM 09-27-2022
I don’t understand the idea Reid won’t play rookies.

This year George and Watson are playing a ton. Chenel is getting snaps. Cook is playing a lot. McDuffie would be starting if not hurt.

Last season Smith and Creed on OL started all season.

Bolton also started last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:54 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

This year George and Watson are playing a ton. Chenel is getting snaps. Cook is playing a lot. McDuffie would be starting if not hurt.

We're not talking about defense, or even every offensive position. Specifically WR and RB (add QB to that list too)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:49 PM 09-27-2022
MVS doing his job and utilizing his speed to pull the safety to the sideline opening up Kelce wide open in the middle of the field but there wasn’t enough time.

If the OL doesn’t shit itself we easily score 30

via Imgflip

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
MVS doing bud job and utilizing his speed to pull the safety to the sideline opening up Kelce wide open in the middle of the field but there wasn’t enough time.

If the OL doesn’t shit itself we easily score 30

via Imgflip

Yep. The WRs weren’t terrible but the line was.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:00 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've made it through the 1st half. The line is a huge problem.

A HUGE problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BossChief 12:17 AM 09-28-2022
The badass part about this team is that they will be better in the second half of the year because of communication and cohesiveness on both sides of the ball and we’re already good enough to hang with and beat really good teams.

This team is going to be on another planet by December.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:16 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just think....look, you're never going to turn Mahomes into Tom Brady. It's just not his DNA.

But defenses right now are forcing him to be patient, and take the underneath stuff and he's just not wanting to do it.

The reality is that they're going to make him prove he can win that way before they change.

I think it's obvious he CAN, but he'd rather go deep.

Yeah, well, take what's there and deep stuff will open up.

It's really just that simple.
It's a bit of everything. The OL has been poor the last 3 games and the WRs have not been great, but Pat was doing some of this last year with Hill and a better functioning OL. Not seeing people who are open, occasionally becoming tunnel-visioned and forcing things.

I think if/when Pat has confidence in the OL and the WRs get open more frequently that will be 80-90% of it. But teams aren't going to let us be the 2018 or 2019 version of the Chiefs. So we're also going to need smarter play-calling, better coaching of the OL, good acquisitions AND an adjustment from Mahomes. If we REALLY hate the idea of him dinking and dunking his way down the field, and I kinda do, then we need to give him more time and better options.

Some of this stuff can be fixed, at least partially, this year. Some of it is going to take off-season acquisitions and a rethink/shake-up of coaching, imo.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:17 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The badass part about this team is that they will be better in the second half of the year because of communication and cohesiveness on both sides of the ball and we’re already good enough to hang with and beat really good teams.

This team is going to be on another planet by December.
I am looking forward to seeing how the defence grows, that's the real positive for me. The sky's the limit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:09 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

It’s not that he won’t play rookies. He is reluctant to play rookie receivers. It’s not just rookies. It’s also veterans who just joined the team.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:33 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I think he's going to have to prove he CAN be Tom Brady, when it's required, and until the defenses stop sitting back and denying his Mahomes'ness.

As far as 'more speed', I mean, MVS and Hardman are both damned near as fast as Hill is. As good? no, of course not. But as fast? Yeah.

I don't think we got slower at all at WR overall. Hardman and MVS are fractions of a tenth of a second slower than Hill, Watson is a 4.4 guy, and Moore is a 4.4-4.5 guy. All are faster than Pringle and Robinson. Hell, they're probably all faster than Sammy Watkins.

He's going to have to prove he can patiently Brady teams to death before they stop dropping 7. Then he'll get his deep shots. So far, he's not consistently shown he'll do that.

I love Mahomes, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone in football, but there's still some maturing to do there. He gets greedy and impatient.
I mean, I’m kind of with you, but to do that you have to have personnel who can do that. I don’t think mahomes trusts his guys and for good reason. To do that we have to run with precision. And you have to have WRs who can make the tough catch. I don’t think Hardman does either of those things. We saw on the last INT jujus frustration because Hardman ran an awful route. Weve seen mahomes frustratedly point to holes because ceh is stutter stepping into the wrong spot. Mecole and mvs are built to go deep or under, not necessarily grind for quick hits with precise routes, and we line them up right next to each other. And mvs isn’t bad at those things but that’s not what he was built for. You can’t have both these guys on the field to run the offense you think we need to run. Not even getting into the OL which can’t hold their blocks. This offense needs to be about timing and we don’t have the horses to do that.

I think Reid is trying to adjust by installing more of a timing offense and while mahomes needs some work there, he also needs reliable targets. We need guys who excel at beating man coverage or press. Who can take some shots in the middle. Who will always wind up in the right place - two of those guys are brand new and mecole still makes too many mistakes to be dependable. At this point I actually think we need to give RoJo and Watson more shots. If what you’re saying is true then we need guys who can execute the basics.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:55 AM 09-28-2022
I think it's time for us...

To move on to the next game...
[Reply]
TEX 07:05 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, I’m kind of with you, but to do that you have to have personnel who can do that. I don’t think mahomes trusts his guys and for good reason. To do that we have to run with precision. And you have to have WRs who can make the tough catch. I don’t think Hardman does either of those things. We saw on the last INT jujus frustration because Hardman ran an awful route. Weve seen mahomes frustratedly point to holes because ceh is stutter stepping into the wrong spot. Mecole and mvs are built to go deep or under, not necessarily grind for quick hits with precise routes, and we line them up right next to each other. And mvs isn’t bad at those things but that’s not what he was built for. You can’t have both these guys on the field to run the offense you think we need to run. Not even getting into the OL which can’t hold their blocks. This offense needs to be about timing and we don’t have the horses to do that.

I think Reid is trying to adjust by installing more of a timing offense and while mahomes needs some work there, he also needs reliable targets. We need guys who excel at beating man coverage or press. Who can take some shots in the middle. Who will always wind up in the right place - two of those guys are brand new and mecole still makes too many mistakes to be dependable. At this point I actually think we need to give RoJo and Watson more shots. If what you’re saying is true then we need guys who can execute the basics.
If the OL could block better, a lot of the stuff you mentioned gets cleaned up. And I'm with you with giving RoJo and Watson more shots.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 38
« First < 253132333435 363738 >
Up