ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 43
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
O.city 07:41 AM 08-21-2022
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChfOjPnO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Read his description

None of us have a clue about ol technique and play
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:45 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Where did you read or hear that? I’m genuinely interested to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a figment of people's imagination. Eli Apple said this:

Originally Posted by :
“They got cocky. They wanted to pass. They wanted Mahomes to have the ball in his hands to get rid of us. We knew the concepts that were coming at us. Before the snap, we had a tell of what they were going to do, and then it was about beating their guys to that spot and competing for the ball. And our D-Line played really great in making sure he wasn’t comfortable in the pocket when he was trying to scramble and stuff. They’re one of those teams that knows what they want to do. Especially when they’re in dropback mode. There’s only so many things they can do with different sets. It’s just about their athletes being fast and our athletes being fast, too. Who can keep up with who?”
This literally applies to any play and any team in any game. This is why players and coaches study a thing called 'film.'

And to think this might apply to a preseason game, where teams are running the most vanilla stuff possible, is pure stupidity.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
O-line wasn't getting much push, so they weren't exactly helping CEH or Pikachu.

I understand that Washington has a stout d-line, but Chicago doesn't, and it was the same story there.

Why aren't we better running the ball? I honestly don't know.

It's not all the backs' fault; you can clearly see zero push, no linemen pushing to the second level, etc.

And 4 of 5 of our starting o-linemen are reputed to be near elite at it.

I don't know. Maybe it's that we so rarely have done it the last few years we just don't have a good feel for it anymore.

I find it very irritating.

Like most things in football (and life), it's probably a combination of small things.
They got “push” all day.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/st...-nuWp0AUBEXJFA
[Reply]
oldman 09:11 AM 08-21-2022
The box score shows us only rushing 17 times, and one of those was Burton's run for 1st down. Gore and Fleet-Davis got 10 of those carries. I don't remember 1 sweep. The run game was pretty vanilla. With the remainder of camp being pretty much behind closed doors, Andy and the gang will probably cook up something more than 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:21 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
The first two drives were 24 plays total. 12 plays each. 19 passes vs 5 runs. Kind of surprising with that ratio we didn’t pop a decent run out of the 5. We did hear someone was tipping the plays off from the Bengals players after the AFC Championship game. Wonder if that is still happening? And who if so?
What, how did I miss this information? Someone was tipping our plays?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:25 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It was Tony Romo

/jackasses who think that guy is good at color commentating
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:35 AM 08-21-2022
I haven't been all that impressed with Pacheco either. The team needs to do him a favor and give him a different number, every time I see #10 I am thinking that is Hill and the dude looks slow compared to Tyreek.
[Reply]
FAX 10:08 AM 08-21-2022
Vanilla Schmanilla!

We actually tried to run outside zone and it failed miserably.

We tried to run stretch and it failed miserably.

We tried to run inside zone (with a damn fullback leading) and it failed miserably.

And, lest we forget, The Great And Powerful EB is our freaking OC ... if anybody ought to be able to field a decent run game it's the Wise And Magnificent EB.

Wally should be embarrassed. But he's too busy "cleaning up a few things" to engage in self-reflection.

It is now my firm opinion that the reason The Sublimely Glorious EB can't get a head coaching job is a league-wide conspiracy ... hatched among the other NFL teams to stick EB with us forever.

FAX THE OBJECTIVE
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:03 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They got “push” all day.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/st...-nuWp0AUBEXJFA
I don't know that I would say 'all day'. I would agree that in this highlighted example, the line did, in fact, get some nice push.

Still nowhere really for the back to go. Going right is too far to get around that edge, and left is sealed up by the defense almost at the hand'off. Up Thuney's ass was pretty much the only path.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:04 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It was Tony Romo

I actually like Romo, I don't know what everyone's bitching about.

I mean, we could have to listen to Joe ****ing Buck and Aikman.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know that I would say 'all day'. I would agree that in this highlighted example, the line did, in fact, get some nice push.

Still nowhere really for the back to go. Going right is too far to get around that edge, and left is sealed up by the defense almost at the hand'off. Up Thuney's ass was pretty much the only path.
It’s a vision problem. He needs to see that outside left is there. He also doesn’t have the athleticism to bounce out left and consistently beat the LB to the edge and gain yards.

Pacheco is no guarantee but I think he gives us a much better shot
[Reply]
Frazod 11:18 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It was Tony Romo

Romo was great until he morphed into Madden. Now all the good things he did initially are buried in rambling bullshit. Still waiting for the day when they hand him the clicker thing. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:21 AM 08-21-2022
On Pacheco, does anyone remember Hunt very well during his first preseason?

Mahomes pretty much stole the show, so I don’t remember it too well. I remember Ware getting hurt then Hunt doing okay. I wasn’t expecting too much out of Hunt going into that New England game.

I think Hunt looked alright, but nothing too crazy. Or am I remembering that wrong?
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:23 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Guys, I think we’re sleeping on Fleet-Davis. That dude broke Crum’s tackle attempt AND went through two more defenders on his way to a TD! Best carry of the day by far!
Fleet-Davis sounds like the name of an airport
[Reply]
Coogs 11:24 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I don't know for sure, but that is how I interpeted this (from a few posts back):

Originally Posted by :
“They got cocky. They wanted to pass. They wanted Mahomes to have the ball in his hands to get rid of us. We knew the concepts that were coming at us. Before the snap, we had a tell of what they were going to do, and then it was about beating their guys to that spot and competing for the ball. And our D-Line played really great in making sure he wasn’t comfortable in the pocket when he was trying to scramble and stuff. They’re one of those teams that knows what they want to do. Especially when they’re in dropback mode. There’s only so many things they can do with different sets. It’s just about their athletes being fast and our athletes being fast, too. Who can keep up with who?”

[Reply]
Page 9 of 43
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up