ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 43
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:51 AM 08-21-2022

KC Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire @Clydro_22 at Elite Training @EliteTrainingBR in Baton Rouge.

Work ethic is UNMATCHED! Perfection is the name of the game. And he’s trying to be the best to ever do it.#SkillzSouth #EliteTraining #NFL #DevelopmentOverHype pic.twitter.com/n3eeTzAINs

— Skillz Evolution SOUTH - Craig Brodie (@coach_brodie) July 6, 2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 04:20 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

I like CEH even if it's an unpopular opinion. I didn't see much of the game but two 80 yard drives for touchdowns idgaf how many yards he gets as long as he isn't hurting us but I'll take a touchdown per drive every time.

I may like CEH I was hoping better competition so whoever is the starter earned it. That was the lamest hype video I have ever seen. Not impressive at all I could probably do some of that just not as quick but he really needed to run through a brick wall oh yeah. I'm curbing my expectations for CEH not because of the game but because of this lame ass hype video that didn't show him doing anything special or make us go wow. I do believe he works hard but that video hardly showed it.

I think Chiefs are holding out hope like I am he can play like his rookie year and ran over the Buffalo Bills. He was also up for being a candidate for OROTY before his injury. Then the next year series of injuries making him injury prone. Guess I'm foolish but if he garnished a remnants of his rookie year and build on that he could salvage his career but odds are against him. I root for the underdog. I'm not throwing in the towel on him from preseason but I don't think anyone is wrong what they think of him except I don't hold it against him for being our first pick after winning the Super Bowl he was supposed to be a luxury pick.
[Reply]
TEX 05:24 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I like CEH even if it's an unpopular opinion. I didn't see much of the game but two 80 yard drives for touchdowns idgaf how many yards he gets as long as he isn't hurting us but I'll take a touchdown per drive every time.

I may like CEH I was hoping better competition so whoever is the starter earned it. That was the lamest hype video I have ever seen. Not impressive at all I could probably do some of that just not as quick but he really needed to run through a brick wall oh yeah. I'm curbing my expectations for CEH not because of the game but because of this lame ass hype video that didn't show him doing anything special or make us go wow. I do believe he works hard but that video hardly showed it.

I think Chiefs are holding out hope like I am he can play like his rookie year and ran over the Buffalo Bills. He was also up for being a candidate for OROTY before his injury. Then the next year series of injuries making him injury prone. Guess I'm foolish but if he garnished a remnants of his rookie year and build on that he could salvage his career but odds are against him. I root for the underdog. I'm not throwing in the towel on him from preseason but I don't think anyone is wrong what they think of him except I don't hold it against him for being our first pick after winning the Super Bowl he was supposed to be a luxury pick.
Glad to see that you're finally coming around. CEH is nothing more than a JAG. He's too small and slow to stand out in the NFL. He will not get a second contract.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 05:31 AM 08-21-2022
I don’t think he has ever had more than a couple of games where he has looked a legitimate threat to dominate the game like Buffalo in his rookie year but equally some of the cut his ass takes are OTT as well.

He is a serviceable back who would look fine in a running back committee offence but not to be relied on as the bell cow back and suffers by perception most for things he could not control of influence:
A) Being a 1st round draft pick
B) Going a few picks before what turned out to be one of the best rookie contract running backs of the 21st century in Jonathan Taylor meaning fans are always looking across enviously at the Colts.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:21 AM 08-21-2022
In
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:38 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
I don’t think he has ever had more than a couple of games where he has looked a legitimate threat to dominate the game like Buffalo in his rookie year but equally some of the cut his ass takes are OTT as well.

He is a serviceable back who would look fine in a running back committee offence but not to be relied on as the bell cow back and suffers by perception most for things he could not control of influence:
B) Going a few picks before what turned out to be one of the best rookie contract running backs of the 21st century in Jonathan Taylor meaning fans are always looking across enviously at the Colts.
Bingo
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:54 AM 08-21-2022

Yup. A buffalo game where they could not have given less of a shit about our running game. I think what’s frustrated me is that we have good run interior blocking and defenses are daring us to run. There’s really not a good excuse to not be super productive. Then you see McKinnon, who isn’t exactly a world beater, carve up defenses.

I actually thought ceh did ok on goal line and third down duties. To his credit he doesn’t get huge gains but he’s ok at getting 3 or 4 yards here and there.

But I just haven’t seen enough to think he’s an every down back. He doesn’t have the burst to bounce to the outside. And I just don’t see the vision or patience. He seems to barrel into every one of his runs. After 2 years with elite RBs coaching I don’t have much optimism it will suddenly come to him.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:01 AM 08-21-2022

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I think the real problem, or at least the root cause of the problem Chiefs fans have with CEH, is that we witnessed Kareem Hunt lead the league in rushing in this offense.

Hunt's success is going to color the opinion on every RB we have until one of them surpasses, or at least matches, what Kareem Hunt did in this offense, with this head coach.

That's why a 7th round pick like Pacheco can so easily mesmerize this fanbase. Even a hint of that Kareem magic is enough to power the hype train.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:08 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Glad to see that you're finally coming around. CEH is nothing more than a JAG. He's too small and slow to stand out in the NFL. He will not get a second contract.
I'm just hung up that if he wasn't injury prone he could make himself better and have a better campaign than his rookie year. I'm still holding out hope even if it's false hope. I'm rooting for the best running back to play whoever that is.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:13 AM 08-21-2022
O-line wasn't getting much push, so they weren't exactly helping CEH or Pikachu.

I understand that Washington has a stout d-line, but Chicago doesn't, and it was the same story there.

Why aren't we better running the ball? I honestly don't know.

It's not all the backs' fault; you can clearly see zero push, no linemen pushing to the second level, etc.

And 4 of 5 of our starting o-linemen are reputed to be near elite at it.

I don't know. Maybe it's that we so rarely have done it the last few years we just don't have a good feel for it anymore.

I find it very irritating.

Like most things in football (and life), it's probably a combination of small things.
[Reply]
threebag 07:16 AM 08-21-2022
Can Charles still run?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:25 AM 08-21-2022
Pathetic hype video. It showed more his lack of stability on his feet more than anything else. Can't even get set without showing lack of balance.
[Reply]
TEX 07:27 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I think the real problem, or at least the root cause of the problem Chiefs fans have with CEH, is that we witnessed Kareem Hunt lead the league in rushing in this offense.

Hunt's success is going to color the opinion on every RB we have until one of them surpasses, or at least matches, what Kareem Hunt did in this offense, with this head coach.

That's why a 7th round pick like Pacheco can so easily mesmerize this fanbase. Even a hint of that Kareem magic is enough to power the hype train.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
Naw, we just need a RB like Damien Williams. Don't need one as good as Hunt in this offense. Though, if we ever got one again, the offense would be nearly unstoppable.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:30 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
The first two drives were 24 plays total. 12 plays each. 19 passes vs 5 runs. Kind of surprising with that ratio we didn’t pop a decent run out of the 5. We did hear someone was tipping the plays off from the Bengals players after the AFC Championship game. Wonder if that is still happening? And who if so?

Where did you read or hear that? I’m genuinely interested to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 07:37 AM 08-21-2022
Guys, I think we’re sleeping on Fleet-Davis. That dude broke Crum’s tackle attempt AND went through two more defenders on his way to a TD! Best carry of the day by far!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 43
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up