< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Tribal Warfare 03:12 PM 05-18-2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:29 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Me too.

But still...what's the appeal?

Does she really stand alone as a competent character, or is she just one of many diversity cash-ins?

I can understand it on occasion, as a novelty...

But it's all there is now.

Rey "Skywalker".
Captain Marvel.
Wonder Woman 1984.
The lady on The Mandalorian that beat up Boba Fett.
Every woman from Black Panther.

Less Mary Sue's and more Ellen Ripley, please.
Oh Jesus fucking Christ.

What's the point of bringing out Moon Knight then? He's not a popular character. Marvel is bringing out properties and seeing if they become a hit.

Are you really telling me that you thought a Scarlet Witch/Vision show was going to do well?

Motherfuckers need to stop acting like a female character has to fit into what you want. These shows aren't FOR YOU. Not every show has to be for you or match what you're looking for.

Don't like how it looks? Don't fucking watch it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:30 AM 05-23-2022
Just wait for the trans wonder woman
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:33 AM 05-23-2022
Instead of complaining about the companies making "woke" shows and movies maybe you should complain that so many people are seeing these things to make them profitable.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:52 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
She-Hulk first appeared in Feb, 1980. She has been around longer than I have.
She and Spider Woman were created for the sole reason to avoid copyright problems. They were worried that the CBS Hulk TV series would pull a Bionic Woman and create a She-Hulk.

Worked out for Marvel.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:15 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Instead of complaining about the companies making "woke" shows and movies maybe you should complain that so many people are seeing these things to make them profitable.
:-)

Or, people could point out that the early success has been impacting views by keeping the numbers high due to nostalgia, even though the product is deteriorating, just as we saw happen with Star Wars.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:31 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh Jesus fucking Christ.

What's the point of bringing out Moon Knight then? He's not a popular character. Marvel is bringing out properties and seeing if they become a hit.

Are you really telling me that you thought a Scarlet Witch/Vision show was going to do well?

Motherfuckers need to stop acting like a female character has to fit into what you want. These shows aren't FOR YOU. Not every show has to be for you or match what you're looking for.

Don't like how it looks? Don't fucking watch it.
My issue is not with Marvel attempting to profit off its lesser-known properties.

My issue is with their (and the majority of media's) pathological inability to write relatable female characters, which I strongly suspect has everything to do with their ideology.

I want She-Hulk to be good, but after what I've seen so far, I have little faith.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:42 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
My issue is not with Marvel attempting to profit off its lesser-known properties.

My issue is with their (and the majority of media's) pathological inability to write relatable female characters, which I strongly suspect has everything to do with their ideology.

I want She-Hulk to be good, but after what I've seen so far, I have little faith.
You want female characters that you can relate with? Are you a woman?

You do realize that everything doesn’t have to be for you, correct? There are plenty of characters and movies that I won’t watch because I’ve watched a trailer and decided that I didn’t like it.

The main difference? I’m not on here bitching about them and how they aren’t relatable like Marvel fucking owes me.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 08:59 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
:-)

Or, people could point out that the early success has been impacting views by keeping the numbers high due to nostalgia, even though the product is deteriorating, just as we saw happen with Star Wars.
But is that because they are pushing non white male characters or because the movies aren't as good quality.

I don't think the problem with star was was rey of any of the characters. The problem was they announced a trilogy and had no fucking idea what they were going to do.

They gave each director control to do what they wanted making the overarching story make 0 sense. They were constantly adding and then retconning stuff.

Captain marvel is a prime example of a character that isn't created to connect with me specifically (a 37 year old white male) but it made over 1B dollars. So it connected with someone.

And before you say it only made that money because of the hype between IW and endgame antman 2 was released in the same period and only made half..
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:04 AM 05-24-2022
But is that because they are pushing non white male characters or because the movies aren't as good quality.

I don't think the problem with star was was rey of any of the characters. The problem was they announced a trilogy and had no fucking idea what they were going to do.

They gave each director control to do what they wanted making the overarching story make 0 sense. They were constantly adding and then retconning stuff.

Captain marvel is a prime example of a character that isn't created to connect with me specifically (a 37 year old white male) but it made over 1B dollars. So it connected with someone.

And before you say it only made that money because of the hype between IW and endgame antman 2 was released in the same period and only made half..
And you can't compare the movies to the Disney+ shows. They don't have the budget and it's a small niche depending on what character they're showcasing.

Will I watch She Hulk? Nope. Is it because the female character is buff and isn't relatable to me? :-) No. It's because the CGI looks basic as fuck and the character was never interesting to me.

I also never watched the Scarlet Witch/Vision or Falcon and the Winter Soldier shows. I may down the road but they weren't must see TV when they first came out. Loki was though.
[Reply]
notorious 05-24-2022, 10:35 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Just Passin' By 03:47 PM 05-25-2022

The first is part of the second.

The characters were a problem. The storylines were a problem. The political angles were a problem. Pretty much everything was a problem.

You're now arguing that a movie doesn't suck because it made money. The list of movies that proves that argument to be silly is very long. But you're in good company with that (terrible) argument, as it gets used a lot in this forum, in one form or another.
[Reply]
frozenchief 06:48 PM 05-25-2022
Why isn't this in the 'would you' thread?
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:17 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So damn dumb that I can't even...
They made the regular Hulk into such a pussy, they could have just put a dress on him. Trans / Hulk to the rescue!!
[Reply]
unlurking 05:55 PM 05-28-2022
Do you guys whining about shows that weren't meant for you realize how much like pussies you sound? I'm waiting for someone to complain that their favorite tampon is no longer available in their favorite color.
[Reply]
Fish 11:24 PM 05-28-2022
Well, they redid some of the CGI at least...

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law Trailer Re-Released With Improved CGI
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:43 PM 05-29-2022
She..... hulk :-) Good lord
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up