ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Arrowhead Kingdom in Tampa
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 05-04-2022
The Chiefs are playing in Tampa Bay this year on October 2nd. Sunday Night Football. This is the birthplace of Arrowhead South. We will rock this out of the park.

==================================
I have confirmed with Caddy’s they will be able to accomedate us on Saturday. I’ll be there around 5:00 pm. Party goes until they close. Last time we had Chief fans there all day and night.

It’s also confirmed that Caddys will be able to get the TV on the beach to watch the Chiefs game on Sunday. Have the staff and supplies for the event. I’ll get there around 5:00 but if expect it’ll be packed by then.

The details about the Red Friday event are in the spoiler.
Spoiler!

We will host a free game watch party on Sunset Beach.

Spoiler!

We will host other events all weekend. You can post an idea thread for Saturday events. We can arrange multiple ones if needed so everyone can spend their day how they like with other Chief fans.
I'll keep this post updated with the latest information
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Does the parking lot have rules about who can tailgate at certain cars or something? I don’t know why it couldn’t be something that just happens organically. If I start a tailgate that Sunday and welcome all Chiefs fans, what’s stopping a large Chiefs tailgate from starting in the parking lot? Are they going to arrest Chiefs fans if they begin to congregate together for a huge tailgate? Tailgating really shouldn’t be that hard. You setup a tailgate and people gather around it. They can try all they want to keep Chiefs fans away, but that lot will still be filled with Chiefs flags no matter what they try.
You can’t get one spot and then have 50-100 people there. Same rule as Arrowhead. You have to tailgate in your spaces width. You may try it as an individual but I can’t try to squeeze 500-1000 into some parking spots.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:25 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Darien25:
I love the Tampa Riverwalk area and it would be fun to have some kind of Chief's fans get together there. Not sure if there is a spot that would work, but I'd love to drink some beer and shoot the shit with some other fans of America's greatest team. Armature Works is a fantastic spot but we'd have to run all the Bucs fans out first, all 10-15 of them.
When? What day?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:31 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You can’t get one spot and then have 50-100 people there. Same rule as Arrowhead. You have to tailgate in your spaces width. You may try it as an individual but I can’t try to squeeze 500-1000 into some parking spots.
You can’t have things setup over the yellow lines at Arrowhead, but I’ve definitely had a tailgate with 2 cars and about 50 people. That’s what I was asking is what they would really do if you set one up and had a bunch of Chiefs fans show up. It seems weird that they’re trying to make you buy a whole lot. You’d think a couple buses and a few extra cars could support the space you need for the tailgating. Does Tampa actually have rules about how many people can be with a vehicle at a tailgate. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stadium have any rules like that, but it wouldn’t surprise me in Florida.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You can’t have things setup over the yellow lines at Arrowhead, but I’ve definitely had a tailgate with 2 cars and about 50 people. That’s what I was asking is what they would really do if you set one up and had a bunch of Chiefs fans show up. It seems weird that they’re trying to make you buy a whole lot. You’d think a couple buses and a few extra cars could support the space you need for the tailgating. Does Tampa actually have rules about how many people can be with a vehicle at a tailgate. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stadium have any rules like that, but it wouldn’t surprise me in Florida.
if you want to try it but as a group we can’t do that and burn that bridge. Soon as Brady moves on, they will be backing begging us to come.
[Reply]
Darien25 09:09 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When? What day?
I'm not sure what kind of considerations you would have in that area for a large group of people, but it seems like you should be able to do it about any time you want. There are several bars/restaurants up and down that corridor as well as a few waterfront parks scattered about. You can also buy an all day hop-on hop-off boat pass on the Pirate Water Taxi to travel to different areas of the Riverwalk.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:52 AM 09-22-2022
Here’s a for profit tailgate. I know they paid $22K to rent that space for 24 hours because we looked at it. I’d bet they serve you a hot dog and lemonade for your $60.
https://www.tailgreeter.com/tampa-ba...gpc2vFgoO_iK50
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:43 PM 09-22-2022
And yes, we are working on something for Saturday. Probably announce after the game on Sunday.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:02 PM 09-23-2022
Hopefully the game is not impacted by any hurricane issues.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:07 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Hopefully the game is not impacted by any hurricane issues.

I hadn't heard until my gf mentioned it earlier today so I checked the projections.

Based on the tracker I saw, they expected it to hit the Tampa area somewhere around Wednesday-Friday.

That's a whole week away so it wouldn't be surprising to see it shift and miss Florida altogether.
[Reply]
chiefqueen 09:00 AM 09-24-2022
The storm now has a name...Ian. It is currently projected to make landfall south of the Tampa/St. Pete area on Wed. night/Thur. morning.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:16 AM 09-24-2022
I'm supposed to fly into Fort Meyer on Friday, then we're driving up to the game Sunday. Hopefully my flight won't be cancelled.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 03:03 PM 09-24-2022
Eight of us are supposed to land in Tampa Thursday afternoon. Fingers crossed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:58 PM 09-24-2022
If you can get to Caddys on Friday, it’ll be open and we be partying. This isn’t their first rodeo. They have electricians, extra staff, construction people on call as soon as the storm passes if there is any damage.

This one is going to be another one we forget after the game just like the one that was coming to hit Jacksonville on Thrusday before Sundays game in 2019.

It’s late Sept., early Oct. there is always a hurricane threat. Yet, it’s never stopped an NFL game except once.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 PM 09-24-2022
Putting this here too

For all you hurricane noobs….. the storm that’s trekking like this one….. they have no idea where or even if will turn util it gets past Cuba. There are upper level winds in the atmosphere that dictate steering of the hurricane. So until it gets past Cuba, they are guessing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:36 PM 09-26-2022
Just in case you were not aware….

Tampa is looking at a 8-10 foot water surge. Caddy’s is on the water. Friday it could still be raining. Events this weekend are up to the weather.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up