ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Media Center>Thor: Love and Thunder
Munson 05:11 PM 04-18-2022

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:55 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by morphius:
It really felt like it was Korgs version of the story (I think that is the rock guy), with his stories always being a bit over the top and strange. Especially with him breaking in with narration from time to time. Still doesn't excuse it at all. I think my wife said, "this is really bad" about 6 times while watching on D+
They really wasted this storyline and Christian Bale.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:06 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
They really wasted this storyline and Christian Bale.
It was such a cool fucking storyline too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:13 PM 09-13-2022
The source material would have made for some epic moments. I enjoyed the movie and still think we were robbed.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:11 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The source material would have made for some epic moments. I enjoyed the movie and still think we were robbed.

Really wouldve...I was so pumped for the movie too.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:13 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It was such a cool fucking storyline too.
Yes ..bums me out
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:42 AM 09-16-2022
I just don't get it, I feel like they took the Humor in a way that DIDN'T work. Last Thor movie the humor was more IRONIC than campy.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:49 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I just don't get it, I feel like they took the Humor in a way that DIDN'T work. Last Thor movie the humor was more IRONIC than campy.
Plus they tried to overdue the humor. As The Critical Drinker pointed out, there were scenes where there would have been a good payoff but then they tried to insert humor into the dialogue and ****ed it all up.

It is kind of funny how a lot of times I will watch a movie and go... I just didn't like that movie but I can't really explain to anyone why it sucked other than it sucked. Then I watch someone else's review and they make the points that I go... yeah, that is why I didn't like it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:09 PM 09-17-2022
Finally saw it last night.

I’ll continue with the meh narrative. It wasn’t completely worthless. I thought it was a good look at his dealing with loss. Moreover it isn’t a dumb position to take that Thor has grown from choosing war to choosing love. I thought they did the Jane Foster Thor pretty well.

I think the real problem is that Ragnarok was new and fresh. Ragnarok 2 such as it is, has diminishing marginal returns. And it isn’t new. As the MCU continues to grow it becomes more difficult to fend off staleness. Maybe that’s a reflection of audiences as opposed to a reflection of the art, production, or creative output. But the reality is it is roughly the same as other sequels that didn’t differentiate enough from the prior. IM 2 and 3 didn’t get far enough away and are panned. Thor 2 and 3 were panned hard while Ragnarok which was far different is celebrated. Hell even Ultron didn’t get far enough away from Avengers and is consistently viewed as a tier lower. Wheras Captain America moved all over the place and was received better. GOTG spread wide and isn’t hated and Infinity War was something aggressive as anything.

Tl;dr it didn’t separate itself enough from Ragnarok to keep our collective attention.

But I didn’t hate it as much as some.

Originally Posted by Fish:
Finally saw this since I missed it in theaters. Mega oof. From the first fight scene, it was just so much cringe. When Thor did that goofy CGI spin kick to kick the alien hovercraft vehicle? Man, what a low point for this character. Too much goofy nonsense.

And what the fuck was Russell Crowe doing with that accent? JFC....

Even the screaming goats lost all humor after about 20 seconds.
Agree. Crow appeared to be doing an Italian mafia accent. Which would make more sense if he was Jupiter.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:01 PM 09-17-2022
It couldn't balance its humor and drama.

Directors need to learn that sometimes you have to sacrifice a joke or two in order to make the pathos matter.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:57 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

Directors need to learn that sometimes you have to sacrifice a joke or two in order to make the pathos matter.
Comedy movie series, action or otherwise, don't usually manage to keep getting it right.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:35 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

Imo ragnarok had these issues. While I love that movie there were moments where the comedy undercut the drama. For example the destruction of asgard.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:12 PM 09-18-2022
I agree with most… at best a missed opportunity. It’ll still make a Billion $’s. I just don’t understand todays movie goer.

———————————————————————

Thor: Love and Thunder crossed $700 million worldwide yesterday, including a bigger-than-Ragnarok $316 million domestic cume, but has been dogged by accusations of underperformance because Thor: Ragnarok earned $854 million in 2017.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:32 PM 10-02-2022
What a terrible movie. Bad acting. Bad direction. Really bad writing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:53 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree with most… at best a missed opportunity. It’ll still make a Billion $’s. I just don’t understand todays movie goer.

———————————————————————

Thor: Love and Thunder crossed $700 million worldwide yesterday, including a bigger-than-Ragnarok $316 million domestic cume, but has been dogged by accusations of underperformance because Thor: Ragnarok earned $854 million in 2017.
It was so bad and I love MCU movies
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:25 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Imo ragnarok had these issues. While I love that movie there were moments where the comedy undercut the drama. For example the destruction of asgard.
Ragnarok was outstanding. Perhaps my favorite Marvel movie. Certainly not perfect, but 10 times better than Love and Thunder.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up