View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 343
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 07:27 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fisher wasn't better at all. You have no idea what you are looking at if you think that.
Sorry, Fisher was an all around better LT. With Brown, you're banking that he can develop into something better than what Fish was. But before Fish got injured, he was the better LT of the two IMO.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:37 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sorry, Fisher was an all around better LT. With Brown, you're banking that he can develop into something better than what Fish was. But before Fish got injured, he was the better LT of the two IMO.

Actually imo Fisher was the much better pass blocker but Orlando can crush defenders in the run game so he is the better run blocker. However in this offense is a pass offense Andy loves to pass but would never pass up a second helping of ribs so to me it's like Brown is only worth it if they think he can improve his pass blocking and work his feet.

I get why they traded for Brown It's hard to find that gem in the draft when you pick late each round the good ones are taken early. So I think we are just going be stuck with Brown and hope he improves his pass blocking because if he gets paid top 5 LT money or better he shouldn't need help from the running backs or Tight Ends to block pass rushers.

I do like Orlando Brown because he is big and a mauler but that is good for the run game. We pass on first second and third down.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:41 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I guess were pretending that fish didnt get his shit pushed in by power rushers for 2/3 of his career.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 07:45 AM 03-29-2022
Tackle has always been a premium position and even more so lately. If you want quality on the end of the line, you are going to pay for it. Maybe even overpay for it.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:33 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s a slight above LT who was fine after adjusting. I’d pay it bc those players are not easy to find.

Only so many humans made that big and athletic
Slightly above average would indicate he’s easily replaceable.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:38 AM 03-29-2022
6 years also gives us a ton of cap flexibility.
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 03-29-2022
Have you guys looked around at replacing your left tackle?

It’s early first rounders

Pay him and move on
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Have you guys looked around at replacing your left tackle?

It’s early first rounders

Pay him and move on
Just look at last year's draft. We spent a couple of months deep-diving the tackle sin that draft and it turns out the only guys that were really good went way before we picked. We made the right move.
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just look at last year's draft. We spent a couple of months deep-diving the tackle sin that draft and it turns out the only guys that were really good went way before we picked. We made the right move.
LT's (really good ones, which is what you'd want if you're not keeping Orlando) go in the top 10. Always.

He's not Willie Roaf so some people don't like him. I don't know. Whatever.

Sadly for us, it's usually the same with Pass Rushers.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:53 AM 03-29-2022
Again, just since it got lost on the first page of the thread:

If the deal is 6/$145, there is NO WAY he's seeing the almost-certainly huge dollar figure on the last year of the deal. So that AAV of $24M+ is inflated.

The actual deal would be more like a 5/110 or something in that range (maybe with a guaranteed salary in year 6 that serves as a further extension of a signing bonus or something like that).
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 03-29-2022
This definitely feels alot like last year with regards to LT and such.

We talk all offseason about the draft and they trade for someone.

I think they trade for a pass rusher. It makes to much sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Again, just since it got lost on the first page of the thread:

If the deal is 6/$145, there is NO WAY he's seeing the almost-certainly huge dollar figure on the last year of the deal. So that AAV of $24M+ is inflated.

The actual deal would be more like a 5/110 or something in that range (maybe with a guaranteed salary in year 6 that serves as a further extension of a signing bonus or something like that).
Yep.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:16 AM 03-29-2022
Is his trade value higher now or last offseason?

I would think now. He proved to still be a great run blocker and at least a competent pass protector in another scheme. Pro Bowls are dumb, but he has another one of those as well.

Depending on comp, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him to get a younger LT with cheap control. Very risky strategy though. The comp would have to be really good.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 03-29-2022
Where is this younger cheaper LT coming from?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:27 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This definitely feels alot like last year with regards to LT and such.

We talk all offseason about the draft and they trade for someone.

I think they trade for a pass rusher. It makes to much sense.
After the Frank Clark deal, I gotta think they're not keen on doing that again.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 343
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up