View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 343
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
notorious 08:56 PM 03-28-2022
Lock him up, and barring injuries we have protected Mahomes for years.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:57 PM 03-28-2022
If we picked this piece of shit over Tyreek I'm gonna lose it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Super Bowl LV
[Reply]
emaw1979 09:01 PM 03-28-2022
Absolutely.

He's a young, ascending player. He had a rough start to the season but really improved after the first 6 games it seems. That's partly his improvement but also the online gelling and Mahomes feeling comfortable.

Plus, I think the direction of the offense will fit his blocking style a lot better as well.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:03 PM 03-28-2022
Way too much for my liking but I’m sure some team would pay him that much. I mean the guy is not even a clear top 5 LT.

But Veach’s options are limited. You don’t want to play with Mahomes’s health and unless you draft a T who has a great rookie season on the right side, there is not much you can do. Niang is too injury prone at this point.
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:05 PM 03-28-2022
This is not a done deal

This article projects Orlando Brown’s potential extension : Six years, $145 million ($24 million APY), with $65 million fully guaranteed.

“Men’s courses will foreshadow certain ends, to which, if persevered in, they must lead. But if the courses are departed from, the ends will change.”
- Ebenezer Scrooge, ‘A Christmas Carol’.

I say that the final deal for Orlando Brown Jr will be better.

If OBJ is this good, we should at least be able to get a bunch of draft picks in a trade.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:09 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Naysayers, what's your solution?

Let Brown go, after we traded a first round pick for him a year ago?

Trade a lot of our draft capital to move up in the draft for a LT?

Trade more picks for some other veteran LT?

Start a developmental prospect on Mahomes' blind side?

Or pay Orlando Brown the market rate for a 25 year old, top third LT?

The line was pretty good last year. PFF ranked them #5 in their final rankings for 2021. You want to upset all of that and package up a bunch of draft picks for a chance at someone who might eventually be a marginal improvement?
I'll play along for fun.

Trade Brown for a mid 2nd.

Move Thuney to LT like against the Bengals in the regular season. Allegretti at LG. Creed and Trey. And then draft a RT.

I don't think this is remotely realistic but, hey, we're spitballing, right?

If Thuney could play LT competently as he did in that game and not immediately demand LT money, I think this would be the obvious choice.
[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 03-28-2022
I guess people didn't pay attention to Patrick bailing out running to the right sideline then throwing it away all the time. Brown cant handle speed rushers and he is going to face even more this year. If we would run the ball a little more and brown would trim down some he might become great. I just don't trust throwing money at him and expect him to not get fatter.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:14 PM 03-28-2022
I feel like I'd rather trade both 1sts to move up for Penning then trade Orlando for a 2nd and change.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:16 PM 03-28-2022
Yeah, the options don't seem great. Sure he is young enough that he could get better.

But yeah, he might just as easily get fatter and slower after getting a big paycheck.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:16 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
LT is more important than WR. People act like Hill is unstoppable. He isn't and we have seen that in the playoffs.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:18 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I feel like I'd rather trade both 1sts to move up for Penning then trade Orlando for a 2nd and change.
Gross. We have so many holes to fill. The idea that we'd use those picks on even an immediate Anthony-Munoz-level LT would be a disastrous decision.
[Reply]
Warrick 09:19 PM 03-28-2022
1 Trent Williams
$23,010,000

2 David Bakhtiari
$23,000,000

3 Laremy Tunsil
$22,000,0004

4 Ronnie Stanley
$19,750,000

5 Kolton Miller
$18,000,000

What's wrong with paying players fair market value vs having to pay a player top dollar everytime their contact is about to expire? $20-21 million is fair value for some one of OBJ's caliber.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:20 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Starting to see buzz about the top 10 for Panning, though. He's popping in as high as six.
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:23 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
People need to read this.

If you have played around with contract structures at ALL, 6 years makes a lot of sense.

If the deal is 6/145, what I think that REALLY equates to is a 4/85 or 5/100-ish deal that has a fluff, fake, never-gonna-be-paid-in-actuality huge number on year 6 that lets Orlando brag about his deal and say he's the top LT in the NFL... without him ever actually earning the AAV in a single year.
Very much agree.

I think the initial headlines with the actual OBJ contract might look like a 6 year $145 deal.

That is NOT what is going to be paid.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 343
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up