View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 176 of 343
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:21 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW Nate Taylor said Brown is hurt. Knee issue apparently. He’s been on the injury report the last few weeks.

Just reporting what I heard
IMO, he had repeated problems getting footing. Could be explained by his injury. I think the guy is overrated significantly on here, but he usually isn't as bad as he was Sunday.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:33 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
What is with CP's obsession with moving Thuney to LT?

You want Allegretti and Wylie playing every down? Recreate some of that Chiefs/Bucs Super Bowl o-line chemistry?
Because of how we looked against the Bengals when Thuney slid over to LT and Allegretti replaced him? They were mauling.

Not crazy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:43 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I would take a healthy Eric Fisher right now over any such plan.
Eric Fisher was terrible last year for the Colts. I don't know if he's still gimpy or if he's just washed up but he was bad.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:54 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Because of how we looked against the Bengals when Thuney slid over to LT and Allegretti replaced him? They were mauling.

Not crazy.
Watch the beginning of the 2nd half of that game. Thuney about got Mahomes killed and a near pick 6. Folks may not like OBJ, but moving Thuney to LT full time isn't any better at tackle and makes you worse at guard.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:17 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I'm sorry guys and gals, but he wants to be paid as a shutdown LT. and he's not even a GOOD LT
He should be paid as a fall down LT.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:19 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Watch the beginning of the 2nd half of that game. Thuney about got Mahomes killed and a near pick 6. Folks may not like OBJ, but moving Thuney to LT full time isn't any better at tackle and makes you worse at guard.
First, do we think OBJ hasn't ever come close to getting Mahomes killed or sped him up to throw an INT?

Second, is Thuney a designated LT who prepared for that game in that position? No - OBJ was hurt in warm-ups. If Thuney hadn't had a play like that, he's a likely HOFer given his complete inexperience at the position in recent times.

Let me be clear: I don't think that's the solution. Not even remotely. Not at all.

But that's the rationale and why people go there. And if OBJ is indeed playing injured, that may well be the path of least resistance for this team in the near term.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:21 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
First, do we think OBJ hasn't ever come close to getting Mahomes killed or sped him up to throw an INT?

Second, is Thuney a designated LT who prepared for that game in that position? No - OBJ was hurt in warm-ups. If Thuney hadn't had a play like that, he's a likely HOFer given his complete inexperience at the position in recent times.

Let me be clear: I don't think that's the solution. Not even remotely. Not at all.

But that's the rationale and why people go there. And if OBJ is indeed playing injured, that may well be the path of least resistance for this team in the near term.
Don't disagree, but they weren't mauling in the Cinci game...
[Reply]
FringeNC 06:24 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Eric Fisher was terrible last year for the Colts. I don't know if he's still gimpy or if he's just washed up but he was bad.
Before his injury, Fisher was clearly better than what Brown is today.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:25 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Before his injury, Fisher was clearly better than what Brown is today.
However, there are plenty of threads on here in Fisher's 2nd year/26 years old where he wasn't... Brown is young, can he get better, I hope.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:30 PM 09-27-2022
Don't disagree, but they weren't mauling in the Cinci game...
We averaged 6.74 ypc? Darrel Williams went for 6.29 ypc which was nearly 1 ypc better than any other game that season?

You're misremembering the first half when our OL dominated.
[Reply]
FringeNC 06:33 PM 09-27-2022
However, there are plenty of threads on here in Fisher's 2nd year/26 years old where he wasn't... Brown is young, can he get better, I hope.
Sure, Fine. If people weren't telling me Brown was elite or near-elite RIGHT NOW, I probably wouldn't have as much problem with the guy as I do. I sure hope he plays better the rest of the season and maybe he will.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:13 PM 09-27-2022
I wasn't able to find a stream during the game but I'm watching the NFLN replay and this man just fell.

Didn't even make contact with a defender, he just fell lol

What a bum.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:50 PM 09-27-2022
Ngakoue just terrorized Mahomes in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But all accounts, he started poorly and finished much better. That's pretty normal for coming off of that injury.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:40 PM 09-27-2022
if this shit doesn't improve, why not try geron at LT and orlando at RT

if orlando doesn't like it he can pound sand and get no money next year
[Reply]
Page 176 of 343
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up