ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>ELVIS (2022)
O.city 12:27 PM 02-17-2022

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:29 AM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He sure comes off as a creep in the trailer. I don't know much about Elvis - I was a kid when he died and I was never much of a fan (although I like his music much better now). But I don't ever recall hearing anything good being said about the colonel.
The Colonel was an asshole who over worked Elvis, the King needed rest, but the Colonel would never let him.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:06 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I remember the boomers all losing their shit when Elvis died. As for me, I always thought 80's Elvis was the best Elvis.
i think he died in 78?? I was at my grandparents house opening b-day presents (as he died on my birthday).
[Reply]
Frazod 09:15 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
i think he died in 78?? I was at my grandparents house opening b-day presents (as he died on my birthday).
'77, I think. He was still pretty young - in his 40s.

Of course, in 1977 I was 12. 40s was ancient.
[Reply]
Jenson71 09:30 PM 02-19-2022

42 years old. He's one of those guys like MLK Jr., who died at 39, where he seems like a dinosaur of the 20th century, but could have just as easily been walking around still today.
[Reply]
Jenson71 09:31 PM 02-19-2022
By the way, it's kind of an interesting choice of the last song in this trailer. That's not an Elvis song. It's not even a cover that Elvis did that was better or more iconic than the original.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:02 PM 02-19-2022
Don't wanna rag on it from just a trailer, but it doesn't seem to capture Elvis. I'm sure it captures something interesting and perhaps beautiful, Baz has a knack for that. . . . But it doesn't seem Elvis-ish in the least.

Nearest comparison, it reminds me of when you see Japanese youth who are into greaser/rockabilly aesthetic. You get what they're going for, but you immediately key in on the differences.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:33 AM 02-20-2022
Baz's style of directing is awful imo. From that cringe worthy 90s re telling of Romeo + Juliet, to the annoyingly overrated Moulin Rouge(that gave a huge headache ) to o the verly long/over the top Great Gatsby remake just not a fan of his style. (Haven't seen Australia and don't plan to either lol)

This Elvis film looks bad and Tom Hanks looks ridiculous in this.:-)

hard pass on this shit
[Reply]
listopencil 06:54 AM 02-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

It was August of 1977. Not too long after I turned 10 years old. I was sitting in my living room, reading a book. My mother had the TV on and she was listening to it from the kitchen. She was freaking out and phoning all of her friends.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:50 AM 02-20-2022
It was August of 1977. Not too long after I turned 10 years old. I was sitting in my living room, reading a book. My mother had the TV on and she was listening to it from the kitchen. She was freaking out and phoning all of her friends.
His was the first of three major celebrity deaths over a couple of years that really seemed to hit people hard. Next was John Wayne in '79 and then John Lennon in '80. My dad was really bummed out when Wayne died.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:22 AM 02-20-2022
Are they going to show the 14 year old girls mud wrestling in white cotton panties, or Elvis going down on Cybill Shephard?
[Reply]
listopencil 12:06 PM 02-20-2022
His was the first of three major celebrity deaths over a couple of years that really seemed to hit people hard. Next was John Wayne in '79 and then John Lennon in '80. My dad was really bummed out when Wayne died.
I was familiar with John Wayne so I was bothered by that but was not into music at all. When Elvis died I thought of him as that guy from the crappy movies, and I honestly thought all of the Beatles were already dead.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:08 PM 02-20-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Are they going to show the 14 year old girls mud wrestling in white cotton panties, or Elvis going down on Cybill Shephard?
Looking forward to those parts in the movie are you?
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:12 PM 02-20-2022
I remember the boomers all losing their shit when Elvis died. As for me, I always thought 80's Elvis was the best Elvis.
My service assistant was a huge Elvis fan and when he died I thought she was going to end it all herself.

It didn't help that I was always making fun of him to her prior to his death, even though I liked some of his early music. (didn't much care for it after he started wearing a glittered up jumpsuit)

Made for some interesting days back then, she ended up quitting soon after.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:07 PM 02-20-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
My service assistant was a huge Elvis fan and when he died I thought she was going to end it all herself.

It didn't help that I was always making fun of him to her prior to his death, even though I liked some of his early music. (didn't much care for it after he started wearing a glittered up jumpsuit)

Made for some interesting days back then, she ended up quitting soon after.
I'm from the South. Lived in Virginia and Texas for the first 15 years of my life or so. I knew people with velvet Elvis artwork hanging in their living rooms.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:47 PM 02-20-2022
I was familiar with John Wayne so I was bothered by that but was not into music at all. When Elvis died I thought of him as that guy from the crappy movies, and I honestly thought all of the Beatles were already dead.
I regard Elvis and the Beatles pretty much the same - I recognize that they were part of the building blocks of the stuff that came later that I like, but I just never cared much for their music. Although I certainly like Elvis more than the Beatles. Out of the 1,000+ songs I have in my iTunes library, I have exactly zero Beatles songs and one Elvis Presley song.

I am a child of the 70s, and when it comes to music, the late 70s. Not much interest in stuff that came before, with a handful of exceptions.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up