ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 435
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:39 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Robinson is not very good. He can have him.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Robinson (especially his blocking) is incredibly undervalued by Chief Fan.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:00 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)

Yeah, over the last 20 games, they've allowed just two teams to score more than 20 points against us. They lead the league in Qb pressures, the secondary is ranked in the top-10, the run defense has stoned the three best running games in the league, two of them in the playoffs/Super Bowl. At least twice this season (probably more, but I'd have to go back and look) the defense was at least as responsible for wins as the offense.

Chavarius Ward, who wasn't even a starter in 2018, has since been ranked as a top 10 CB since the middle of last season. Breeland, another JAG according to the know-it-alls, has only been rated as one of the top 12 CBs as well and sealed multiple games, including picks in the playoffs and SB LIV. Nnadi is finally getting recognition as one of the better run-stuffing DTs in football this season.

But yeah, the defense has been terrible. Wish we had the SEA defense. :-)
Two teams? LV has scored well over 20 twice against us, as did Carolina, as did Tompa.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:25 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Robinson (especially his blocking) is incredibly undervalued by Chief Fan.
His drops, running sideways or backwards is not.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:32 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Two teams? LV has scored well over 20 twice against us, as did Carolina, as did Tompa.
Right, forgot about CAR. Fine, three teams.

Out of 20 games. We played LV twice, so that's four games, out of 20.

So check my math, but I see that 75% of the time our defense has been a top 10 unit overall, in terms of points given up, no?

Is that not acceptable? In fact, isn't that top tier performance for a defense over consecutive 20 games?

How many defenses have performed at a higher level over the same span?

How many Chiefs defensive units have performed better over a 20 game span, including three playoff games, one of those being a Super Bowl champion unit that stoned the best running attack in the NFL for most of the second half?

And this season, the season of defensive "woe-is-me," the defense has continued that performance for the most part, excepting three games, two of which we won anyway.

And don't give that Tampa Bay shit. The defense held Tommy and crew to just 10 points UNTIL THE 4TH QUARTER, YOU DONKEY.

They also generated two INTs, that the offense did nothing with, generated by the same Frank Clark that you :-) are trying to crucify here, which I notice you and your ilk conveniently don't want to discuss, and generally have come up at least better than what they are on paper more often than they haven't over that span.

And let's talk a second about that CAR game. The defense did play fairly well for most of that game, forcing CAR to go for it on several 4th downs as I recall. And wasn't one of those a fake punt by CAR? So by definition the defense wasn't even on the field for that one? And another where the defense forced CAR to a 4th-and-15? That the defense covered so well that TB had no one to throw to, so he had to make a spectacular play to run for it? And he only made it by half a yard?

Any of this ringing a bell?

Seriously, do you typically watch the games under the influence of some mind-altering drugs, or do you just look at the stat sheets afterwards?
[Reply]
mkp785 03:57 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think Robinson ends up wherever Bienemy goes, I basically have that as a forgone conclusion. The WR issue we could have going forward is why a part of me wonders if we should kick the tires on Kenny Stills since he got cut.
I saw that and was thinking the same thing. He'd be our 3rd best WR immediately. Plus if it works out, we can probably get him back cheapishly since, like you said we're gonna lose Robinson and probably Sammy as well in the off season. Might allow us to focus on other things in the draft.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:00 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I saw that and was thinking the same thing. He'd be our 3rd best WR immediately. Plus if it works out, we can probably get him back cheapishly since, like you said we're gonna lose Robinson and probably Sammy as well in the off season. Might allow us to focus on other things in the draft.
He cleared waivers today so he's a FA now...wouldn't hate that move.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:07 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Really wish we didn't let Ogbah go. But I get it. Never know how a player will come back from a pec injury.
The Chiefs didn't have $7.5 million in cap space for Ogbah.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:10 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They don't win that Super Bowl without Frank Clark.

And the SB itself was legendary. First one in most of our lifetimes.

So yeah, Frank Clark is a legend by association.
When we tell the story about SB 54 in 20 years, we will talk about Mahomes leading a 24 point comeback against the Texans. We will talk about Dan Sorenson and his tackle on the fake punt.

We will talk about Damien Williams once again scoring more in the post season than he did in the regular season.

We will talk about HB and Clark being anchors on the defense that we signed in free agency. We will talk about how HB changed the entire culture of the defense in one year, and we will talk about how Clark wore 55 replacing the loser who used to wear 55 and cost us a trip to the SB the year before.

We will talk about Clark smack talking Derrick Henry and the Titans, and then holding Henry under 100 for the game, and less than 10 yards in the second half. And how Clark had a sack to end the Texans and the Titans game.

We will talk about Mahomes and his 27 yard TD run, and his pass to Sammy when the entire stadium screamed his name before Mahomes threw the ball.

And of course, we will talk about every little detail of SB 54 against the 49ers.

You can't really tell the story of SB 54 without talking about Frank Clark. And when you are talking about a guy 20 years from now, that makes him a Legend.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:12 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
When we tell the story about SB 54 in 20 years, we will talk about Mahomes leading a 24 point comeback against the Texans. We will talk about Dan Sorenson and his tackle on the fake punt.

We will talk about Damien Williams once again scoring more in the post season than he did in the regular season.

We will talk about HB and Clark being anchors on the defense that we signed in free agency. We will talk about how HB changed the entire culture of the defense in one year, and we will talk about how Clark wore 55 replacing the loser who used to wear 55 and cost us a trip to the SB the year before.

We will talk about Clark smack talking Derrick Henry and the Titans, and then holding Henry under 100 for the game, and less than 10 yards in the second half. And how Clark had a sack to end the Texans and the Titans game.

We will talk about Mahomes and his 27 yard TD run, and his pass to Sammy when the entire stadium screamed his name before Mahomes threw the ball.

And of course, we will talk about every little detail of SB 54 against the 49ers.

You can't really tell the story of SB 54 without talking about Frank Clark. And when you are talking about a guy 20 years from now, that makes him a Legend.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
:-)X100
[Reply]
mkp785 04:13 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He cleared waivers today so he's a FA now...wouldn't hate that move.
I don't see any reason why he wouldn't accept a vet min deal for a chance at a ring.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:20 PM 11-30-2020
Yeah I don’t believe this stat that we are very good at pressuring the QB. That’s not what the eye test has shown the last month.

Is this a PFF stat?
[Reply]
-King- 04:23 PM 11-30-2020
Right, forgot about CAR. Fine, three teams.

Out of 20 games. We played LV twice, so that's four games, out of 20.

So check my math, but I see that 75% of the time our defense has been a top 10 unit overall, in terms of points given up, no?

Is that not acceptable? In fact, isn't that top tier performance for a defense over consecutive 20 games?

How many defenses have performed at a higher level over the same span?

How many Chiefs defensive units have performed better over a 20 game span, including three playoff games, one of those being a Super Bowl champion unit that stoned the best running attack in the NFL for most of the second half?

And this season, the season of defensive "woe-is-me," the defense has continued that performance for the most part, excepting three games, two of which we won anyway.

And don't give that Tampa Bay shit. The defense held Tommy and crew to just 10 points UNTIL THE 4TH QUARTER, YOU DONKEY.

They also generated two INTs, that the offense did nothing with, generated by the same Frank Clark that you :-) are trying to crucify here, which I notice you and your ilk conveniently don't want to discuss, and generally have come up at least better than what they are on paper more often than they haven't over that span.

And let's talk a second about that CAR game. The defense did play fairly well for most of that game, forcing CAR to go for it on several 4th downs as I recall. And wasn't one of those a fake punt by CAR? So by definition the defense wasn't even on the field for that one? And another where the defense forced CAR to a 4th-and-15? That the defense covered so well that TB had no one to throw to, so he had to make a spectacular play to run for it? And he only made it by half a yard?

Any of this ringing a bell?

Seriously, do you typically watch the games under the influence of some mind-altering drugs, or do you just look at the stat sheets afterwards?
I think you need to check your math again on those last 20 games...
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:27 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think you need to check your math again on those last 20 games...
Okay, just did. And I got it right.

Thanks for playing though.
[Reply]
-King- 04:34 PM 11-30-2020
Okay, just did. And I got it right.

Thanks for playing though.
In our last 20 games including playoff games:
Bucs 24
Raiders 31
Panthers 31
Raiders 40