ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 435
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
O.city 04:23 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No pass rushers are productive in every game. Go back and look at the statsheets for Reggie White, Charles Haley, Bruce Smith, even Derrick Thomas; all of them had hot and cold streaks. Some of the guys I just mentioned went nearly whole seasons without picking up a sack. Frank's production is no different. Except for the fact that when the lights are brightest, on the biggest stages he tends to find another level and perform like a Reggie White or a Charles Haley. Something that definitely wasn't the case with Justin Houston or Dee Ford.

Call me "reckless," but I'll always take the guy that makes it happen when it matters most over the guy that sprinkles me with "splash plays" here and there during the regular season and then disappears in the playoffs.

via GIPHY

I don't think those guys went seasons or long stretches without sacks.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:31 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I never complained about CEH. Just Hardman and Clark. Get your facts right bub.
You may not have, but a lot of the same people that were complaining about those 2 complained about CEH too. I didn’t mean to imply that you yourself have complained about all 3, but that was what my original post was about that you quoted.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:33 PM 11-02-2020
Let’s revisit this in January. Franks a closer and played his best ball in the second half of games last year and destroyed lives in the 4th quarter of every playoff game. He holds himself accountable to the team and I guarantee you he will show us all who he is down the stretch when we need it most.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:44 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
What? Why does saying he needs to get more pressure need context? Okay, here's some context, he needs to get more pressure on the downs when he is rushing the passer? Or how about this, he needs to beat the guy pass blocking him more often?

lol I'm glad you responded to that post 'cause it was a weird one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

via GIPHY

I don't think those guys went seasons or long stretches without sacks.
Then don't think. Actually look up their stats.

Things like:

Charles Haley played in 12 games in 1987, and recorded just 6.5 sacks. in 1991 he played in 14 games and had just 7 sacks. in 1994, 14 games, just 4 sacks.

How about Reggie White? In 1986, Reggie started the season recording just 3 sacks in 8 games (including a stretch of 5 games with one a single sack) , but finished the season with 18 total.

Charles Haley in 1988, through the last half of the season record just 1.5 sacks. His season total was 11.5.

Bruce Smith in 1989 went a stretch between weeks 8-13 recording just a single sack, but finished the season with 13. In 1994 Bruce went a stretch in the second half of the season recording just one sack, but totaled 10. He started the following year generating just 3 sacks over the first 10 games. He ended up with10.5.

Derrick often went a month or more without a sack several times in his career.

i could keep on going, but you get the picture. Getting sacks is very difficult, and no one gets them consistently. It goes in streaks. NFL history tells us this is true. What you think about it is irrelevant.

But here's a little interesting tidbit: a lot of sack artists get them early in the season and then drop off towards the end of the season. You can see that with every one of the guys i mentioned above. Several seasons (not every or most; just multiple examples) where they stated hot then tapered off or just flat fell off a cliff production-wise.

Frank Clark seems to get more productive the later it gets into the season. Now, he's young and we don't have a lot of data to work with, but so far in his career he seems to make more splash plays after week 8 than before it.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:14 PM 11-02-2020
McDonald's is bad for you anyway
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:17 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
The Raiders O line absolutely stonewalled the Chiefs D Line, it was embarrassing. Not that it bears full responsibility for the loss, the secondary absolutely fell apart as well.
Why don't people understand that the Raiders OL is one of the best, if not the best OL in football right now.

Last year, in Kalil Mack's first game against the Raiders after becoming a Bear, he recorded exactly ZERO sacks. Nada, nothing, a big goose egg, zilch. One of the best pass rushers in recent memory couldn't do anything about that OL.

Btw, in case anyone's interested, neither did Aaron Donald when he faced them in 2018. A big nothing burger for the best DL in football today.

Our Dl getting stoned by the Raiders OL isn't embarrassing; it's the status quo for the entire league since 2018 when they built that line.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:43 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm not gonna bash Frank Clark, but I'm also not gonna let people tell lies. Chris Jones was a beast yesterday and played much better than Clark.
Jones is better than clark.

Are people confused? Clark is a good player, but jones has HOF potential.

And people around here spent 2 years insisting he be moved to DE. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:25 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Jones is better than clark.

Are people confused? Clark is a good player, but jones has HOF potential.

And people around here spent 2 years insisting he be moved to DE. :-)
It's infuriating how much shit people talk about Jones. It's not as bad as it was when people thought he wasn't resigning here. Anyone who watches the games can clearly see Jones is a game wrecker and Clark can be really good sometimes, but no where near as good as Jones.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 PM 11-02-2020
There were people like saphojunkie that couldn’t wait to get Jones out of here. It made no fucking sense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:44 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think I'm being reasonable. I don't think he sucks. Clearly he's very good. I just don't think anyone's out of line for expecting more from a player we gave up so much draft capital and millions to bring in.

Right now he's got a Watkins type of thing going where he's just kinda blah during the season then turns up in the playoffs. Obviously it's great to have a guy who shows up when it matters most, but where I can easily attribute a lot of Watkins' lack of production to injury/being the third or fourth option/ etc, I can't make similar excuses for Clark. Why does he have so few sacks, pressures, and QB hits when we're basically in the lead like 90% of the time?

Blah blah blah.

Right now we've got one DE getting paid $100m and a bunch of replacement level DEs opposite him. Clark is not producing at a level commensurate with his pay. He really doesn't look much better than guys like Taco and Okafor.

That had a lot to do with the lack of pass rush. Frank's whopping 1 tackle and 0 sacks didn't contribute much. Ruggs and Agholor don't end up so wide open downfield if someone on the D line could get home on the rush. We had to send the house far too many times which left the CBs on islands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hahaha, right about as i figured.

One of these days you guys will actually read the gamefilms sober instead of spouting off after pounding down a 12-pack while watching the game just the one time.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:55 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's infuriating how much shit people talk about Jones. It's not as bad as it was when people thought he wasn't resigning here. Anyone who watches the games can clearly see Jones is a game wrecker and Clark can be really good sometimes, but no where near as good as Jones.
Jones isn't perfect, he isn't great against the run, but he generally always makes his presence felt. I don't see how people could speak negatively about him. Clark, on the other hand, disappears way too much for someone making QB money.
[Reply]
-King- 11:59 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hahaha, right about as i figured.

One of these days you guys will actually read the gamefilms sober instead of spouting off after pounding down a 12-pack while watching the game just the one time.
So when you watch the gamefilms all those times, what do you take away from Clark's play? What are his greatest strengths? Why isn't he getting to the qb at the rate we all thought he would when we got him? Is he actually choosing to hold back for the playoffs like some say (I don't even know exactly what they mean when they say this but whatever)?
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:09 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
So when you watch the gamefilms all those times, what do you take away from Clark's play? What are his greatest strengths? Why isn't he getting to the qb at the rate we all thought he would when we got him? Is he actually choosing to hold back for the playoffs like some say (I don't even know exactly what they mean when they say this but whatever)?
Good questions!

I haven't watched the film for Clark yet, may do that this week, but I think he may be dealing with something like an illness or injury. He started off playing very well and had 3 sacks in 4 games, but then I thought it was put out there that he had the same reoccurring stomach issue or something like that. Maybe that is his problem?

Who the hell said that he was holding back until the playoffs? That doesn't make sense. You can see that he's trying, but from what I've seen while watching the games is that he is lacking quickness and strength. It's like once he engages a blocker, I can't remember a time recently that he just flat out beat a tackle. I think something has to be wrong with him again.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:23 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Jones isn't perfect, he isn't great against the run, but he generally always makes his presence felt. I don't see how people could speak negatively about him. Clark, on the other hand, disappears way too much for someone making QB money.
Jones is much better against the run than people give him credit for. What are you specifically looking at in regards to run defense? Specific stats, what you're seeing in games, or just something you have heard here several times, so you take it as fact?
[Reply]
Page 218 of 435
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318 > Last »
Up