ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 435
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:13 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Where did you get that stat from?
It’s been posted multiple times. Probably by penbrook.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:37 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Lol Frank Clark shows up 1 game and people act like he's going to be consistent in doing that. Hopefully it is, but I doubt it especially with this new injury.

And you don't see the irony of saying all this when the run defense with Ford was better than the run defense with Clark? We allow more rushing yards per game and yards per rush this year than we did last year.

He played well in the Ravens game, too. And this is the level of play he had exhibited over the past 3 years. So yeah. I’ll bet on him being more like that.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:41 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He played well in the Ravens game, too. And this is the level of play he had exhibited over the past 3 years. So yeah. I’ll bet on him being more like that.
King talks about Clark like he’s a rookie or unproven player. 2016-2018 didn’t happen I guess.

It’s hard to say why Clark hasn’t consistently been that player for us, but this revisionist history and people acting like Veach should’ve seen this coming are hilarious.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:56 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
King talks about Clark like he’s a rookie or unproven player. 2016-2018 didn’t happen I guess.

It’s hard to say why Clark hasn’t consistently been that player for us, but this revisionist history and people acting like Veach should’ve seen this coming are hilarious.
I think the important part is learning and finding out why Clark is/was playing like shit. It's not like Chris Jones is a piece of shit compared to Jarran Reed. So what gives?
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:02 PM 10-25-2019
So I had a brain fart moment and couldn't remember Jarran Reed's name, so I had to look up a Seattle depth chart to remember what it was. I saw who else they have on defense, too.

Neiko Thorpe. Do ya'll remember him? One of those guys who would go back and forth between the practice squad and regular roster 3-4 times in a season. He did it on that shitty 2-14 2012 Chiefs team. Got cut by Reid in training camp the next season.

That dude is still in the NFL. Basically an exclusively special teams player, but certainly help in the secondary if he's needed.

Weird how players you basically erased from your memory sometimes hold on and survive, only to re-surface years later and surprise you.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:22 PM 10-25-2019

Lol. Here we go! Veach's biggest apologist! Pete Carroll obviously saw it coming which is why he traded his ass.

I figured this might be a bad trade. Carroll has a great defensive mind. If he was willing to get rid of a defensive guy, it's definitely a bad sign. So far he has made Veach look like an idiot. Maybe Clark tears it up when he comes back from this injury and it makes the trade worth it but as of right now it looks like a very bad trade.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:27 PM 10-25-2019
Lol have to love how everybody on CP has hindsight on their side.

Like anybody could’ve predicted this happening with one of the leagues best and most consistent edge rushers over the last few years.
I didn't want thrm to trade for him in the first place. Also my scenario isn't even taking this year into account.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:52 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol. Here we go! Veach's biggest apologist! Pete Carroll obviously saw it coming which is why he traded his ass.

I figured this might be a bad trade. Carroll has a great defensive mind. If he was willing to get rid of a defensive guy, it's definitely a bad sign. So far he has made Veach look like an idiot. Maybe Clark tears it up when he comes back from this injury and it makes the trade worth it but as of right now it looks like a very bad trade.
I’ve already acknowledged that so far it’s a bad move, but anybody pretending like they saw this coming is talking out of their ass.

If Clark were playing like he did the last few years, this thread wouldn’t exist and this conversation wouldn’t be happening.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:57 PM 10-25-2019
All it took was one great game for people to forget about how shitty he was the previous 6. That game will get him a pass for the rest of the contract
[Reply]
petegz28 06:03 PM 10-25-2019
Frank Clark sucks!!!!

WHY ISN'T HE STARTING!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You guys are so fucking schizophrenic
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:04 PM 10-25-2019
I’ve already acknowledged that so far it’s a bad move, but anybody pretending like they saw this coming is talking out of their ass.

If Clark were playing like he did the last few years, this thread wouldn’t exist and this conversation wouldn’t be happening.
It was a dumb trade anyway. We had 2 people that were perfectly capable of producing just below or equal to the level of Clark. Then we gave away a 1st and 2nd rounder. It was stupid
[Reply]
staylor26 06:07 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It was a dumb trade anyway. We had 2 people that were perfectly capable of producing just below or equal to the level of Clark. Then we gave away a 1st and 2nd rounder. It was stupid
Context. People talk about picks like they’re all the same and it’s maddening.

The 29th pick in a very weak draft and a late 2nd rounder the following year which is essentially the value of a 3rd.

Value wise it was really close to a 2nd and a 3rd.

Is it still more than I would’ve liked? Yea obviously, but I can see why the Seahawks wouldn’t settle for the 29th pick in a weak draft. Even though compensations wasn’t ideal, we wouldn’t give a fuck if he had 6 sacks and 3 FF’s right now to go along with his run d.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:13 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

I agree. He got paid and now doesn't play. And you definitely want to avoid that scenario at all costs. Bellichek does. He doesn't want to put out the effort against a good Packers o-line and knows he will have to IF he did play and if he doesn't get any good pressures or sacks it will start all over again about his ghostly play. Much easier to hide behind a ginned up injury much like what Cam Newton is doing.
[Reply]
-King- 06:42 PM 10-25-2019

I don't care about 2016-2018 in the Seahawks system. I care about what he's done this season and apart from the last game, he's underperformed every game relative to his contract. If he keeps playing like he did in Denver then great, but I can't just act like the previous 6 games didn't happen right now.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:13 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So I had a brain fart moment and couldn't remember Jarran Reed's name, so I had to look up a Seattle depth chart to remember what it was. I saw who else they have on defense, too.

Neiko Thorpe. Do ya'll remember him? One of those guys who would go back and forth between the practice squad and regular roster 3-4 times in a season. He did it on that shitty 2-14 2012 Chiefs team. Got cut by Reid in training camp the next season.

That dude is still in the NFL. Basically an exclusively special teams player, but certainly help in the secondary if he's needed.

Weird how players you basically erased from your memory sometimes hold on and survive, only to re-surface years later and surprise you.

Rain Man mentioned Thorpe in an “other games” thread a few weeks ago.

One dude I wish we had kept all these years is Bradley Mcdougald.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 435
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up